Gameplay

86 replies to this topic

#1 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:08 AM

I've seen many people now make their last post on these forums saying that they are giving up and citing why..

Here's mine..

I took quite a lot of time off MWO for someone who used to play every day with my unit buddies and has put hundreds of dollars to support the game.

I came back yesterday and it's awful.

I've looked on the forums and seen some of the stuff written about info warfare and the changes to lasers outside of optimal range for non-targeted mechs which just freaks me out. Whether or not these changes will make it, I don't know. But playing CW and encountering all the same problems (I really think there needs to be a skill barrier or overall experience barrier, maybe even a 'how to CW' tutorial before people are allowed in, because as a pug sometimes who wants to have a good, competitive CW game, it's a lost cause.). Sometimes, it actually happens, but we're literally talking 5% of the time. Not good enough to keep players really engaged - the CW numbers outside of any 'events' speak for themselves here.

I like some of the stuff they've done to the new maps (Viridian bog is a bit of a disaster which needs heavy tweaking, but nonetheless overall this is good).

My patience has run out. I may be back but I'm happy to let my 93 days of active premium time run down as it stands. I'll never give PGI another cent and look forward to the kickstarter coming out from HBS as I hope that it will take some of the best things in MWO and purge the rubbish.

I like to try to make all my posts fairly constructive so I'll say this (senseless whining doesn't do it for me and this is not meant to be one of those posts - interpret as you will). If PGI fixed ECM in the way they've stated, cut the crap about some of the arbitrary, non-sensical info warfare changes and pushes the timeline forward so that IS has better weapons as a hard counter to some of the clan kit, then maybe I'll be back properly.

I just can't understand how they can get it SO WRONG and be chasing their tails over 'tweaks' constantly, wasting time and testing people's patience. I think that if they really spent a good deal of time pugging, they would understand, but.. hey. It's their money, their company, their product.

It's not easy to cut your losses and leave after putting in about $500 to the cause, but boy am I fed up.. I'm not the only one. That's the sad thing.. yet, nothing changes at the core.

(Sad face..) :(

Edited by Nick86, 11 November 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

Me too..

Lol..

#3 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

Russ has already confirmed on Twitter that the laser lock changes are gone for good.

The ECM/infowar changes and nerfs to Clan maximum range are still being tested but look promising. The clan lasers nerfs especially will be nice, as they have stupid long ranges to the point where even the CERML has nearly the same range as IS LLs.

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:28 AM

check Sarlic. i mean, who is more loyal then these guys ? He is out 31.12.2015.

#5 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostNick86, on 11 November 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

I've looked on the forums and seen some of the stuff written about info warfare and the changes to lasers outside of optimal range for non-targeted mechs which just freaks me out.

The optimal range targeting feature has already been dropped. Confirmed by Russ Bullock on Twitter.

If PGI fixed ECM in the way they've stated, cut the crap about some of the arbitrary, non-sensical info warfare changes and pushes the timeline forward so that IS has better weapons as a hard counter to some of the clan kit, then maybe I'll be back properly.

They are working towards a better balance, hence the Test Server Phases.

I just can't understand how they can get it SO WRONG and be chasing their tails over 'tweaks' constantly, wasting time and testing people's patience. I think that if they really spent a good deal of time pugging, they would understand, but.. hey. It's their money, their company, their product.

At least they are actually working on these major changes out in the open. Letting us experience it on the Test Server, and provide feedback before it goes Live. Seems a lot better than what we've had in the past.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

Happy trails MechWarrior <o

I'm growing tired of MWO as well. Not really the changes being made, but I'm just getting bored with it.

I'll spare the forums the goodbye thread and the soap box speech when I go, I just assume most wouldn't care I was gone anyway. I'll just slip out the back and no one will even notice (or care) I left the party :). I'd just like to hang in there till the Marauder launches.

#7 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 November 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

check Sarlic. i mean, who is more loyal then these guys ? He is out 31.12.2015.

There are some good reasons out there why people are quitting. Temporary- or not; the point is that alot of vets reaches to a point that their patience is running out.

I'm not going to name everything out.

PTS I to II were extremely short. I dont call that PTS -> no rewards. PTS I was such a incredible screw up dat several people had to do some damage control. Poor communication from their part.

I am not 'just' quitting because only of the state of the game but more of how PGI handles things. I gave them 1 year of my time. Enough time for any 'AAA' rated game to make a hell of development time. The small studio thing is just bullshiat. Even Indie developers beat PGI in development time and actually releasing finished products.

But everything feels...half finished and then move on to the next project. Why would i give any money for a half filled cup of coffee? Think about it.

Each patch feels a new half-arsed game from E.A.

They came up with such a incredible poor thought out system like a -laser lock nerf- is just a fine example of how things are being handled. I fear the worst as long we have the same guys who got up with these idea's. I could really feel the in-experienced management here.In my opinion: They dont even play their own game enough to form a subjective opinion. Twitter is their form of communication. Q.A dep. is nowere to be found.

The map voting screen is exactly a product of a minimal viable product. Look at how poor the U.I is. It doenst fit Mechwarrior-scheme at all. Frankly it sucks.

It is 1+1 which makes me quit. A addition sum which makes me look at the whole picture again and i have skepitical and realisic thought about it which made my final decision to step away from this game.

I have lost plenty of friends since Closed Beta in this game. Even a unit disbanded. I have made some new friends here but i see some of them also on the new BT Community. Which is a plus and also make me step away when BT was announced with experienced developers.

Edited by Sarlic, 11 November 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#8 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

Sarlic, you speak the truth and I salute you for it..

That's the thing. I don't want to be a **** to PGI just for the sake of it and yeah I thought the laser lock thing was dumped so I'm glad. But a big part of it is the fact they dreamed this stuff up in the first place.

As someone who played the game a lot and then looked at what PGI is up to, I have to think, guys, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

The fact that we're looking at CW phase 3 before fixing CORE mechanics. We can't even see 'friendly' paper dolls like in all the other MW games (I think) or crouch down. I mean.. UNDER-ARM hardpoints FFS! Who the blimey-F**K would choose to have LOWER weapon hardpoints on arms when you can't even raise them. (See the Panther and numerous others for example). I mean.. Jesus-*****-F*cking-Christ!

Do we really want a Steam release with THIS product without serious core fixes?
As far as I know, you only get one shot at a massive release like that.. Best not to f*ck it up eh..

#9 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostSarlic, on 11 November 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

Look at how poor the U.I is. It doenst fit Mechwarrior-scheme at all. Frankly it sucks.

...... Which is a plus and also make me step away when BT was announced with experienced developers.

you kwow we are only 2 of all mwo pop here, who think the same about that poor UI. all other said they like it.

but.... yo know, PGI is involved in that game also, right ?

#10 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 November 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

you kwow we are only 2 of all mwo pop here, who think the same about that poor UI. all other said they like it.

They are not involved.

They do use mech assets from PGI. Because the mechs in MWO are state of the art. Very well done.
Its like a contract but then with the visuals. But PGI is as far i know not involved with development. HBS specifically said it in the FAQ.

Edited by Sarlic, 11 November 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 November 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Do you know what PGI's involvement is?

PGI is supplying mech models for HareBrained Schemes. That's it. Judging Battletech's quality and HBS's abilities based off of that is pretty irresponsible. Two different developers, two different projects, two different levels of talent. Hold HBS responsible for Battletech's success or failures, but not PGI (and visa-versa).

#12 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Nick86 i have played along side and against you a ton....maybe not recently but back in the day plenty. I am not sure why poeple are trying to convince you balance is happening and all like that even matters when the macro part of the game is never addressed to the level it needs to be. For most people I think balance is less of a factor than there being literally no reason to keep playing this game once you own the meta mechs.

I rejoice in that more people are finally realizing this.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 11 November 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#13 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

I'm still having fun, still loggin in every night, still spending money, will continue to do so. I played the original on DOS, some MW3, got the Compilation pack and played MW4:Mercs ~7 years. I have no interest in playing a tabletop game on the computer. I prefer fighting in a real-time environment while inside my single mech..

As far as unit participation, my unit has had a growth spurt recently with some players coming back. Some of you kids are like fickle sports fans jumping on and off bandwagons as wind blows. Go, stay, make up your minds. Some of us enjoy the game PGI has brought to us.

#14 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:29 AM

i have my departure ticket set for the day of the next patch 17th.

if map voting isn't convincingly solved so that people have to play maps that are not optimal for their build
i'll uninstall (i am not even playing anymore, map voting killed the game maybe permanently for me) - i'll check back one month later on here to see if voting still in the game; but if it is then i won't even check back ever again

i don't make a thread about it cause who cares about me, i haven't even spent a dime on the game but i played it for 3 years and i loved it. up until last patch - but yeah, you won't get to kill me in game

Edited by Mazzyplz, 11 November 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#15 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Go play some other multiplayer games for a while. Elite Dangerous is tons of fun. You can be a greedy trader, a filthy despicable bounty hunter, a generous psychopath or a noble pirate among many other things such as a miner, explorer, hero, victim... ah... it's the reason I've spent less time in MWO the past year. I still play MWO... just not as much.

Enjoy some of the fun. :)

#16 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

When I don't like the way the game is going. Or feel it's getting repetitive. I just stop playing for a while. Play some other games.

Instead of trying to be a martyr on the forums.

#17 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

People should stop making these individual "I am leaving" posts, they are against the forum CoC. If the game is not for you due to changes then you indeed should leave either permanently or temporary. Hopefully the game will change for the better in your eyes because it will bring you and others back to the game (already have a small community to begin with), especially those that invested so much into it.

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:26 AM

Just to let you know how I feel about the game at the moment.

I thought shall I do two or three drops before diner, or play Microsoft Mahjong

guess what I did ;)

#19 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

is it not absolutely hysterical that Paul talked about ECM changes what 5ish months ago? like to 90m or something like that? and ECM is one of the MASSIVELY complained parts of the game. so instead of changing it right away and making a whole lot of their customers happy they do nothing as per usual.

and thats just one small part of jig saw puzzle that they cant even find the corner pieces to.

#20 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

No one cares. Each time someone post's drama queen style topic like this, pgi gets 100 new players and potentional customers. Just leave, and keep it for yourself please. You wont be missed.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 11 November 2015 - 10:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users