Weapon key groups

4 replies to this topic

#1 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

I was thinking while looking at the cockpit concept art that someone posted was how to set up weapon groups on the field. In MW4, it wasnt exactly user friendly, and if you had a MWL league match and all you had was stock mechs, it was essential to set up weapons for like alpha striking or a key for same ranged weapons to fire. I want to know is what steps does the community want to take to set up your weapons. Will it be a keyboard shortcut like alt+1 or simply having your mouse go into this free look mode so you can do this touch screen thing on the weapons display console?

#2 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Personally i think they nailed it about right in MW:LL, directional keys + enter worked really well for me.

Edited by Jacob, 04 December 2011 - 02:55 AM.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

View PostJacob, on 04 December 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

Personally i think they nailed it about right in MW:LL, directional keys + enter worked really well for me.

QFT
I like being able to set my groups on the fly at times. Like if I have medium lasers on mouse 1 and a large laser on mouse 4 for what ever reason and my medium lasers get taken out I like to switch my large laser to my mouse 1, of course if i can find the time... middle of a fight it is sometimes more difficult to do.

#4 UncleKulikov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

You should be able to customize which keys select the different groups, and give each player an amount of time before the game starts to set their weapon group preferences (during a loading screen or mech selection).

One way they could integrate the cockpit is to have the pilot look at the weapon select console to change weapon groups.

#5 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Isn't this an RPG-style game? - Or is it a mass-melee?

In MW4, I always set my arms to the trigger (so that I could use the HAT to move my arms and fire), and then I would set one (or sometimes both - in the case of ammunition-based weapons) to buttons 3 and 4 (which are located next to the HAT). I placed my gut/shoulder/chest-mounted guns on my button 2, and then set one of them to 5 (for independent use). Finally, I reserved button 6 for all of my "non-trigger/button-4-mounted weapons, in order to facilitate alpha-strikes.

I typically packed a couple lasers, an AC or two, and either a missile rack or PPC/gauss-rifle. The range increments I use are 400-800m (lasers), 350-600m (ACs), and 250-1000m (missiles, PPCs, GRs). I found that this style configuration worked best for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users