Grid Iron Nerf Too Big With Guass Rifle Cooldown Incease

26 replies to this topic

#21 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Ano said it.
All mechs are affected by the cooldown change to the Gauss Rifle.
The Grid Iron still has it's quirks favouring the Gauss Rifle maintaining it's advantage when comparing to the other mechs.

#22 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

If they make the reload longer they should remove the charching mechanism too....

#23 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:53 AM

As a grid iron player I felt that this nerf was needed. It's still a fast firing Mech. Changes were appropriate. To current players having trouble, please think about WHERE to put your shots. Try to aim. Thank you.

#24 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostCainenEX, on 21 November 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

As a grid iron player I felt that this nerf was needed. It's still a fast firing Mech. Changes were appropriate. To current players having trouble, please think about WHERE to put your shots. Try to aim. Thank you.

I agree the Gauss quirk was a tad high. But IMO this didn't make the GI more powerful than the 4P or the 4J. It wasn't OP compared some other mechs in its weight class either. I think it has more generic quirks now, and you should probably start using the other hardpoints more. I had dropped down to 2 MPL and extra ammo for the gauss, but I might try throwing an LRM5 on there and using all 3 lasers. I'll see how that works.

#25 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

I think they should give the Grid iron a quirk that reduces the gauss charge time.

That way its primary weapon becomes easier to use and it reduces the grid irons face time since it is a medium mech it relies a bit more on speed than durability.

doesn't even have to be an instant shot like the gauss of old (though I think that would be an awesome unique quirk to give the grid iron), cutting the charge time by 30% should be noticeable.

Edited by SirNotlag, 21 November 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#26 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Maybe they should have changed the quirks to AC10... Better than this. Or to all ballistics. You payed, so you can play with different setups and non is to strong?

Edited by Ajantise, 24 November 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#27 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:54 AM

Maybe they are planning to reduce the heat on PPC's so that the non heat quirked mechs ( other than thunderbolt, BJ, etc.) have a reason to use them. You could put one on the grid iron, it's just not very viable.

Edited by F8Sealed, 24 November 2015 - 05:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users