Sounds about right

#3 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

Along with the release of the new voting screen comes a new disconnect penalty system, not unlike what you see in other games.

force ppl to play **** they dont want. brilliant move

#4 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

Speaking of Ghost stuff, just reminded me of these things.

Posted Image

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

almost a complete feature. Now add in a chat lobby while waiting for votes and games to form and you're set (Although work on the presentation guys)

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 19 November 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

I think what you mean to say is "Force people to use optional custom matches available to them so they can customize their singular game experience if they so choose instead of forcing every OTHER player in a MULTIPLAYER game to play in only the small sliver they find enjoyable because the MM takes their "sign me up for any game mode" to match up to your small sliver of selections just so they can get a game without waiting 30 minutes to do so"

In case I got that translation correct I agree completely and kudos to PGI on the new system

#6 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

It's makes me smile that you can stick that term to every oddball, nonsense, made-up mechanic PGI throws at us and it doesn't get old :D

#7 Lysander Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

I'll never understand why pGI does not add an option where you can opt out from drops on maps you really dont want to play.
Even more I would love to have the possibility to choose my mech after I know on what map I have to watch my team of single players to die. the new voting system made it even worse.

Let me choose what map I dont want to play on or let me choose the mech, if you really need to force me to play, as an exsample, on the bog 24985329587645925435 times in a row. I am really tired to land always on the same maps over and over again.. Its bad enough that the teams do the same **** over and over again like bots driven by punched card technique.
I want to have the choice to play on the map, or with what chassis I do it, or even not to play on it. The only option at the moment is either one not to play at all or commit suicide on certain maps what is not fair to the other team members, because they are short one mech - well usually it wont make a difference anyways, if you see the space monkeys sometimes acting stupid.

This game was real fun two years ago but it becomes worse and worse with every new "feature" you add.
I pay money for this - now its you to let me decide how I want to play this game.

#8 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

Well the remaining issue with me would probably be the Capture Accelerator module which you can only equip after building up a +12 vote then cry when Assault doesn't show up as a choice. :lol: :ph34r:

#9 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:48 AM

View PostSandpit, on 19 November 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

almost a complete feature. Now add in a chat lobby while waiting for votes and games to form and you're set (Although work on the presentation guys)

I think what you mean to say is "Force people to use optional custom matches available to them so they can customize their singular game experience if they so choose instead of forcing every OTHER player in a MULTIPLAYER game to play in only the small sliver they find enjoyable because the MM takes their "sign me up for any game mode" to match up to your small sliver of selections just so they can get a game without waiting 30 minutes to do so"

In case I got that translation correct I agree completely and kudos to PGI on the new system

no, I meant what I said. Wasnt hard to read

#10 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

After playing with the new "scored" voting system in place, it does feel funny in a good way. Seeing those percentages fluctuating the closer you are to being dropped... is somewhat entertaining! It makes the maps more randomized - probably a side effect no one had been expecting before it was implemented.

#11 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

Last second Ninja 12xMulti Terra Therma strike.

VoteWarrior Online.

SaveyourVoteWarriorOnline.

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 19 November 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Someone had to vote for it :)

We tried the other way and all we played was 3 maps and 1 mode.

#13 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 November 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Someone had to vote for it :)

We tried the other way and all we played was 3 maps and 1 mode.

Exactly, now the People who always vote for the same Stuff feel how it is if Maps and Modes you don't wanna play will be forced on you. I had Fun in doing my 12xVote on Maps like Alpine Peaks or Viridian Bog.

Maybe in the End everyone understands that having everything randomized is the best Way to do it. And if Steam Release gives us a big Influx of Players we can go back to Mode Filter again.

Edited by Joe Decker, 20 November 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#14 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

I dub the voting system Crap to start with.

the weighted system just means there are less popular maps and modes that take skill and situational ability to use, happen.

#15 Hawktel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

In love with the new system. I seem to get all the maps, and all the modes again.

Keep up the good work.

#16 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

I'm a fan... match finding time is faster.

Plus every now and then I drop a huge vote bomb and force everyone to play Terra Therma conquest

:D

#17 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

What's the point of implementing something to combat low population if it ostracise people further?

in any case...

View PostMister D, on 20 November 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Last second Ninja 12xMulti Terra Therma strike.

...this is hilarious!

View PostcSand, on 20 November 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm a fan... match finding time is faster.

Last time i played with the voting system i was reminded that quantity is no replacement for quality fun. Whats 1m30s of waiting versus 30 second when the match last +-10 minutes?

Edited by DAYLEET, 20 November 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#18 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 20 November 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

no, I meant what I said. Wasnt hard to read

oh
Well in that case I disagree with what you said :D

#19 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 20 November 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

What's the point of implementing something to combat low population if it ostracise people further?

in any case...

...this is hilarious!

Last time i played with the voting system i was reminded that quantity is no replacement for quality fun. Whats 1m30s of waiting versus 30 second when the match last +-10 minutes?

uhm
1 min 30 seconds?
I can remember personally and regularly waiting 5+ minutes on average.

If you want to only play on a select 3 maps or one particular mode, then use private matches. That's what they're there for. That's why they were created. YOUR enjoyment of the game doesn't override mine. You have an option to play exactly as you like. I don't want to play on the same 3 maps in the same singular mode over and over and over again. I shouldn't have to. I dont' have to now thankfully.

You still have the option to do so if you find that fun. Nothing was taken away from you or anyone else. Something new was added to add some diversity to the game and give players a little say in what they play each match. You aren't the only one in that match. You aren't the only one playing that game. If you have others who agree with you then all you have to do is start a thread on the forums and say, "I'm gathering others for custom matches who don't like the voting system. Anyone who wants to play like this join me"
Pretty simple if you ask me.
Also?
Before anyone even brings it up?
Premium time is cheap. You want a dedicated server for your limited game options then buy some and run it.

Rewards are not meant for this mode. You want to earn cbills and exp in the multiplayer game, then you play in the multiplayer game mode against other players in a match that everyone uses the same base rules to play. That's how multiplayer games work. You don't get to customize the game AND earn the rewards. I can't think of another game out there that works like this.

There's not a single solitary game I can think of where you earn rewards for playing in custom matches. You don't earn them for the exact reasons I laid out above. You are competing against other players for rewards. You're not allowed to create custom matches with private players to rig matches to easily earn cbills and exp that you then turn around and use in things like CW and public matches.

#20 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostSandpit, on 20 November 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I don't want to play on the same 3 maps in the same singular mode over and over and over again.

My guess is in a week time, when the trolls are bored of Terra conquest(or whatever map/mode they feel like trolling with), you will again play the same 3 map on skirmish over and over again. Ill keep reading the forum and see how this settle. Voting was a dumb idea and im pretty sure they removed the 60 second Tier locking with it too.

Edited by DAYLEET, 20 November 2015 - 02:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users