3 replies to this topic

#1 Lilferret

• PipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:20 AM

Players don't like the FPS feel of Mechwarrior:
Currently we only have FPS game play modes. Changing the feel of the mechs will only make the FPS experience unfavorable, it will not address the gameplay.

Mechs are OP
Don't make massive changes to Mechs. You don't have to replace the entire engine in a car every time it starts to knock, just tune it a little.

Pilot Tree increase are OP
If you nerf the bonus you need to up the starting level. Most Mechs are not very fun to play out of the box and this will be daunting to the Steam community. If you really want to reduce the rewards for Mastering/Eliting mechs then you need to up the starting levels to provide adequate game play prior to the bonus.

Elite Groups

There is a very elite player base in MWO consisting of top ranked clans. Instead of only giving them one place to play why not provide a queue specifically for folks who prefer very competitive play which would only be available to Tier 1 or Tier 2 pilots. This could allow players to enter into a 1 v 1, 4 v 4, 8 v 8 or 12 man queue. Have it work like the CW queue where you can't see the pilots in your group until the group is filled. This would weed out the brand new players for the guys who only want comp drops while still allowing pilots to play in the regular queue if they wish.

What I'm really hoping for with some of these is to free up the devs from reinventing the game twice a year with massive "re-balancing" and instead focus on more game play types, new maps, maybe 4 mech collections a year (2 is 2 clan), AI for non FPS modes.

Speaking of game modes...
CW can be fun. Why not allow regular drops to help towards CW battles?
How would this work? Easy!
When you are dropping you select a planet form your faction window. All of your drops count (minutely) towards the defense or assault of that planet meaning your unit "could" earn victory points towards planet ownership, points towards claiming, defending sections and earn a very small amount of loyalty points without playing CW. If you don't like the idea of folks who never play CW earning rewards then let them have to play at least 1 CW match prior to being able to select a planet for rewards in pug drops. These pugs drops have to be happening somewhere right? Why not let it be incorporated into the larger game.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

I actually...

wow..

AGREE with everything stated in the OP.

I've been saying similar stuff like this before in my own posts and ideas.. so yeah.. you are spot on!

Small adition - For the comp. people... Solaris mode.

Good job!

#3 Lilferret

• PipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:57 AM

A rare day indeed! The fist response is both civil AND in agreement! I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:40 AM

Yeah.. those are rare...

Enjoy the moment..

And now its gone.. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users