Give Ach Back Its Structure Leg Quirks

29 replies to this topic

#21 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

According to the IS there is nothing wrong with thier OP lights like the FS and Spider, just ask them........

They always take damage, can't run enough lasers or jump to the moon right...lmfao

#22 Blood Skar

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostSkippyT72, on 20 November 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

According to the IS there is nothing wrong with thier OP lights like the FS and Spider, just ask them........

They always take damage, can't run enough lasers or jump to the moon right...lmfao

....and the Pirates Bane...not to mention other crazy speed tanking locusts....

...Artic Cheetah is just FOTM 'b*tch about its OPness' (it seems to me that every CLAN mech that comes off MC only and onto CBills is the next in line for the OP b*tch express..choo..choo).

I aint saying it's not good... its a nice mech to pilot....but these guys are trying to say IS lights aint as good....pfft.
I wonder if Cheetahs didnt run ECM 9 times out of 10 whether there would be the same complaints. I think its the main thing it has going for it....and you guys do realise ECM is getting a HUGE nerf next patch right?

To the OP. Having said all the above i dont agree with getting its leg structure back. It's still a nice mech as others have said and it's certainly no longer over powered when compared to some IS lights.

Edited by Blood Skar, 20 November 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#23 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

Exactly, if your going to balance one then fix the others that have been around MUCH longer doing the same kinds of things.

#24 Carchemish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostBlood Skar, on 20 November 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Your right about the spider vs cheetah.
However, overall the IS lights are more broken than the clan lights.
In fact the cheetah is the only 'broken' clan light and its just been nerfed legwise.
Time to fix those overquirked IS lights now.

I agree...mostly. I don't think that the IS lights are completely 'broken'. Yes, there are some overquirked lights...the Huginn comes to mind. Honestly, there are some overquirked mechs in general. The Blackjack 1X, the Thunderbolt 5SS are two of the most famous.

#25 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostBlood Skar, on 20 November 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Your right about the spider vs cheetah.
However, overall the IS lights are more broken than the clan lights.
In fact the cheetah is the only 'broken' clan light and its just been nerfed legwise.
Time to fix those overquirked IS lights now.

Once again my Jenner's disagree with you...............

Oh your talking about quirked lights...... sorry :D

#26 Avantius

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSomwhere a few million lightyears away.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

To add my 2 cents -

For me, I realize that the Cheetah is more maneuverable than even the Firestarter. I use the Firestarter, but just couldn't get a good juking-jumpjetting duel with it. The Cheetah, however, is a different story. I can easily survive for 30+ seconds in a 5v1 with almost all assaults. Whoo boy. I want it now lol.

Avantius

#27 deathTouch

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

Here's my suggestion:

Keep everything how it is...HOWEVER, if it gets hit by one or more AC/20 rounds it is literally lifted off the ground and smashes into the nearby building/boulder/ground and, if it does, it explodes.

Currently you can alpha the thing with a splatlas and it'll just continue plugging on at 150mph unphased and maybe have orange armor if you're lucky and the SRMs focused onto the same module.

Edited by deathTouch, 08 February 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#28 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

Remove all quirks, ever !

Quirk mechs with utmost care, not the hamfistedness and cluelessness as exhibited on so many IS mechs .

/sarcasm
Oh, btw ... NERF CLAMS ! CLAMS OP ! NERF PLOX !
/sarcasmoff

#29 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 08 February 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Remove all quirks, ever !

Quirk mechs with utmost care, not the hamfistedness and cluelessness as exhibited on so many IS mechs .

/sarcasm
Oh, btw ... NERF CLAMS ! CLAMS OP ! NERF PLOX !
/sarcasmoff

I fully agree with both points (even if you were being sarcastic with one of them).
The IS mechs need quirks, but not ham handed slapped on quirks.
On the other side, Clan mechs really are OP without their nerfs and other down sides.

The biggest problem until now was the way PGI handled the buffing/nerfing in a way that every time completely overshot the mark (It will be the same this round where the top clan mechs loose all their nerfs and the top IS mechs loose nearly all their buffs).
They should do these things one step at a time instead of trying to balance both sides at the same time. Id say, keep the clan nerfs, and remove the IS quirks. Then see how this affects the balance. If is is still unbalanced, then take the next logical SMALL step and see from there (either buffing/nerfing the clans OR buffing/nerfing the IS).

#30 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostdeathTouch, on 08 February 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Here's my suggestion:

Keep everything how it is...HOWEVER, if it gets hit by one or more AC/20 rounds it is literally lifted off the ground and smashes into the nearby building/boulder/ground and, if it does, it explodes.

Currently you can alpha the thing with a splatlas and it'll just continue plugging on at 150mph unphased and maybe have orange armor if you're lucky and the SRMs focused onto the same module.

Posted Image

Edited by Void Angel, 09 February 2016 - 12:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users