Gg Well Balanced....

JumpJets Balance

4 replies to this topic

#1 gaSyeraSS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

...what about the JJ mechs???... CTF 3D, DS, HGN... mounting alot of JJs still useless on mechs like them!

#2 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

The firestarter with 1 JJ is able to reach 4m height. It would be laughable if not so sad.

(measured from sanding still and full JJ burn)

Edited by Chemie, 17 November 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#3 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostChemie, on 17 November 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

The firestarter with 1 JJ is able to reach 4m height. It would be laughable if not so sad.

HoverJets™

#4 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostgaSyeraSS, on 17 November 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

...what about the JJ mechs???... CTF 3D, DS, HGN... mounting alot of JJs still useless on mechs like them!

I strongly disagree. Multiple jump jets on some maps can be a big advantage for larger mechs. Mining Colony for quick play or virtic(?) forge. My CTF3D and TDR9SE are not meta builds. They carry 4 JJs each and I love the way they handle. Sure, I could strip them down to 1 JJ each for 3DHS or more ammo, but I enjoy putting a heavy mech up where shadowcats like to hide.

#5 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostChemie, on 17 November 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

(measured from sanding still and full JJ burn)

Good.

It was dumb and is still dumb that a singe JJ gets you 90% of everything you could ever want out of them as a mechanic.

Yeah, they REALLY need to fix the diminishing returns on subsequent JJ's equipped to further incentive the use of higher numbers of JJ's, but the game shouldn't revolve around a single JJ getting every thing you could ever need out of them. Its silly that despite the nerfs to JJ's, one or two JJs is literally all you would ever want to use on mechs.

Yeah, I think JJ's need another re look, or even better, a re-work, but mainly because the game shouldn't actively punish you for putting on more then 2 JJ's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users