Hp Set Up

18 replies to this topic

#1 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Yo mech bros. I run this game on a Hp laptop it performs ok but is pretty slow and laggy sometimes. i dont computer much so idk processor or any deatails like that. But anyone one know of something i can buy or do maybe make the game run better on my pc?

#2 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:36 AM

A laptop especially needs a really good M style Video card.

Chances are on the HP in question you do not have a really good M style video card. This means buying a real gaming laptop or computer to fix your woes.

You don't have a ton of latitude in laptops for upgrades today.

#3 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

M style card What is this magical thing you speak of and is it removable and up-gradable?

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Run a monitor tool, see how much of your CPU and video card is being used. Most the time one or other other will be maxed out.

Video maxed out run lower setting like textures or lower resolution.

CPU maxed try lowering particles or 10% over clicking your CPU.

#5 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostDashia, on 19 November 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

M style card What is this magical thing you speak of and is it removable and up-gradable?

http://www.nvidia.co...raphics-uk.html

Keep in mind it isn't as simple as buying a card and slapping it in. There is the whole DO I HAVE ROOM FOR THIS, IN THIS TINY SPACE? thing, that makes laptop upgrades a nightmare.

Since you haven't given even the full model name of the laptop I can almost guarantee you that you DON'T have room for any upgrades whatsoever.

Edited by Lugh, 19 November 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#6 AbyssalTyrant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostDashia, on 19 November 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

M just denotes the graphics card as one for mobile. He means that you are most likely running a intergrated graphics card for laptops. Usually one of the intel chipsets. The problem is that you usually cant upgrade parts like that for laptops. And even if you could it would be more money then its worth by far. Just play on this laptop and get everything you can out of it till you are ready to buy a new computer. Also desktops are usually better for games , at least for me.

Edited by AbyssalTyrant, 19 November 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#7 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

I run MWO on a real potato of Laptop :P The only thing safing is it has a graphics card with relatively much dedicated video ram.

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:04 PM

HP? Ugh, have you removed the bloatware yet?

#9 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Click start, then run

type msinfo32 into the box

When it opens, click on system summary, you can see your processor in there. Copy paste that here

Expand components, click display. Copy paste that "adapter type" here too

post it up we'll see if you are on a potato or not :D

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

The minimum requirements for this game are way off....

Yea you can OPEN the game but it wont RUN well at all with those specs. You need a REAL GPU in order to run games that ask for more then 1-2gb GPU buffer.

Most new games recommend i5 processors and like 4-8GB of RAM with at least 1-2GB of GPU Buffer....if you dont have even half of those specs on your rig you wont be playing many new games at a Frame Rate your find acceptable. I dont know of many HP laptops that even have Video Cards (most use on board chip sets and the like) and i own a pretty nice HP but it cant run much more then Diablo 2 or games with similar specs.

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

There are two things you can do

1. Set every setting to low. Turn of AA. Run at the lowest possible resolution. Hope for the best
2. Build a new computer with good parts

Off the shelf computers are generally either rubbish at gaming, overpriced, or both. Laptops even moreso. Depending on where you are you can order parts from NewEgg cheap and build the PC yourself. If you're not sure what parts you need / how to build just post you're budget and I'm sure there'd be plenty of people willing to help you come up with a parts list

Edited by Troutmonkey, 19 November 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#12 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

If its running a mobility chip from Nvidia or Amd your ok. But must run all on low except textures.

If its running an Intel Integrated chip your cactus.

#13 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 1900 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Name AMD Radeon HD 7640G
Adapter Type AMD Radeon HD 7640G (0x9903), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 7640G
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Resolution 1366 x 768 x 60 hertz

hey mech bros info on my top idk what **** means but thats the guts ig.

#14 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

I run a amd-5870m, I7-720, game 1600x900, AA off, advanced settings everything set to low, except Textures, and objects I have at very high. works ok for me...

#15 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

Not a terrible laptop, but not the one you want to run games like this either.

Your processor is ok, i think its the graphics card that is limiting you. But the good news is your laptop does seem to have a true M Video Card in it.

You can look into upgrading, apparently they CPU you have is up gradable too from the info i see. But that CPU is running on par with a lower end i5 so its not junk. Weather or not its truly capable of being a gaming laptop though is still to be seen.

Can you do a CPUZ ID for us? So i can see speed you run at?

Go here....

http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

You are going to have to download it and then run it, take some screen shots. (go to start and use the sniping tool, or just save them) and then post them here. Like i said that isn't REALLY a potato but its not a power house either. Upgrading may work

The only downfall i see is that your video card seems to have no dedicated graphics memory....This is very important for running the game right. Even a card with a 2 GB buffer is leaps and bounds better.

http://www.notebookc...0G.69836.0.html

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 November 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#16 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

Ok well

I think you are probably getting all you will get out of that laptop. Save your $$!

Put everything on low, maybe someone around here can link you to the lower-end USER.CFG config files for this game which will cut back visual quality but may milk you a few more FPS out of it

Unfortunately that is an AMD APU, which means non-upgradeable (not generally worth the $$ to upgrade anyways)

You may benefit from adding more and faster RAM, but it won't be too much

Edited by cSand, 20 November 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#17 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 20 November 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Not a terrible laptop, but not the one you want to run games like this either.

Your processor is ok, i think its the graphics card that is limiting you. But the good news is your laptop does seem to have a true M Video Card in it.

You can look into upgrading, apparently they CPU you have is up gradable too from the info i see. But that CPU is running on par with a lower end i5 so its not junk. Weather or not its truly capable of being a gaming laptop though is still to be seen.

Can you do a CPUZ ID for us? So i can see speed you run at?

Go here....

http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

You are going to have to download it and then run it, take some screen shots. (go to start and use the sniping tool, or just save them) and then post them here. Like i said that isn't REALLY a potato but its not a power house either. Upgrading may work

The only downfall i see is that your video card seems to have no dedicated graphics memory....This is very important for running the game right. Even a card with a 2 GB buffer is leaps and bounds better.

http://www.notebookc...0G.69836.0.html

The A8-4500M is an AMD APU ... meaning it has integrated CPU and GPU on one chip. The A8-4500M graphics capability is as a Radeon 7640G. As far as I know it uses a shared memory architecture with the CPU/GPU sharing access to main system memory. It probably does not have a discrete graphics card as well since that would usually make it cost significantly more.

Usually, there is no option to upgrade the CPU on a laptop but you will need to check the model number with HP to confirm that.

There aren't many options that will increase machine performance so you will have to make sure that the game settings are turned down as much as possible. Other than that, make sure you don't have too many background processes running, make sure you have as much free RAM as possible (consider upgrading if it is less than 8Gb). You could also look into whether the laptop has a slot for a discrete graphics card expansion but most don't.Overall, however, it probably isn't worth putting much money/effort into getting performance improvements since it is pretty limited in terms of what is possible with that hardware.

Edited by Mawai, 20 November 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

The only 2 things you can do with that computer (upgrade-wise) is to stuff it with max supported ram - probably 8 or 16 gigs. Very important because mobile graphics cards share memory with the main board.

The other thing you can do is replace your main -Operating system/game install- drive with a 250-500 gig solid state drive.

Other than that there isn't much you can do.

#19 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

I appreciate the feed back guys ill try lowering some settings other than that i use this laptop for school work also. I also dont know nearly enough about any of this to go start jacking with to much. the game runs and i can play it with moderate success. so ill just be happy with it thanks bros

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users