Friendly Mech Info

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendly Mech Info (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the option to have team mech information, displayed on demand?

1. Voted Yes please. We need that. (81 votes [93.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.10%

2. No, we don't need that. I don't need any more buttons than i already have. (3 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

3. Yes we need that, but i have another suggestion(please clarify) (3 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eldan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

Greetings

I know this topic has been discussed quite a few times, but i believe that we should be able to share our armor and weapon status with friendlies ingame.

Knowing the total armor percentage of a friendly mech is too vague. I have been in countless situations where i needed to know if a friendly mech armor part is critical, so that i can plan my next action.

A friendly mech with 80% could have his rear torso open, could have his side torso open or he could be damaged all over. or he could have been critted and lost weapons. There are so many different mech armor distributions.

In a premade 12man team this is easily fixed by sharing info over teamspeak when needed.(and it's still too much noise) In "pugs" and after the new launch module is released which will allow only 1group per team, knowing your teamates armor status and weapons status will be a valuable asset that can only make our game experience better. And lets be frank, 12man premades are rare. it will be up to 4man group and "pugs".

I believe that using our default targeting mode "R" to target friendlies will make things worse. There are lots of times where friendlies and enemies are clustered or a friendly blocks your line of sight to the enemy and vice versa. For the same reason, just hovering target over a friendly won't work either.

What would work, is to have a separate key for friendly targeting. I believe "E" is currently unbound and would make a great default choice for friendly mechs. "E" for friendlies. "R" for enemies.
We will be displaying 1 mech at a time. Hit "E" to display a team mech if we need/want to, then hit R again to lock enemy target as usual.
To have a delayed friendly target information or not,(like we have on enemies) is up to you i guess.

I know that this suggestion is not something to do on-the-fly but it's fairly easy to do and considering the fact that we don't have an ingame voice chat, random solo drops will be so much improved....The same target mechanism that is used to target enemies can be used.
We will be able to see armor and weapon loadout of the guy sitting next to us. there's not much else to say.

O7

Edit. added poll and some clarification.

Edited by Eldan, 28 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#2 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

I would really like that as well, as its been said it would be too much with enemy mech info on screen to have friendly info as well. Could have a toggle between enemy and friendly info or that when a person brings up battlemap there would be detailed friendly info overlay.. or even a have that for use with he commnd module.

#3 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

been brought up before, but even if we could hover the mouse over friendly mechs in the countdown screen that'd give us a chance to get a detailed rundown of our team composition before we deploy

#4 Eldan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Yeah this has been brought up many times before and it's forgotten every time.
it's a fast and direct step to improve our games.

Friendly mech weapon status and armor status is a must during gameplay. The mechanism is there, the same mechanism that displays enemy mech units, could be used to display a team mech by pressing a different button.

With this suggestion we won't be seeing both enemies and friends, but we will have the option to have a team mech displayed on demand.no matter our line of sight, we always have our team signals on map. (pressing Q shows up mech,name etc). then hovering mouse over a team mech and pressing E(or something else) will display that mech(if and when we want/need to). Pressing R again will lock target on the enemy as usual, displaying only him.

even if we could hover the mouse over friendly mechs in the countdown screen that'd give us a chance to get a detailed rundown of our team composition before we deploy

yes even that would help, right now we are going blind though

#5 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

And another Thing that's often forgotten but would eventually fit here:

There are still Monitors in our Cockpits unused, pls put some Information on them.

Doesnt matter what...

...INFORMATION

:)

#6 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, the number percentage is ambiguous since it doesn't tell you fully where your teammate got hit.

#7 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

I think we don't need this but from time to time I'd like to know the weapon loadout of a friendly the same way I target an enemy but of course my weapons won't lock on.

#8 Eldan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

the truth is that many casual players don't need or don't care about being able to see team mech info.

For competitive gameplay though, and for someone who really needs to read the battlefield/make choices/perhaps lead, this ability will help a lot. And in time, through gaming those who think they don't need it will find it a good addition.

For a leader and competitive players in pugs this is priceless. Start of the match you know how many lrms/long range/short-medium weaps you have. location location. Then you know how your team does, who's going to die on average, who to help etc etc.
Yes good integrated voip "might" be better if we could choose between the two. But voip is not as easy to do as this one so having team mech info is a small fast and good step towards a better mwo.
ofc this is just what i think :)

#9 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

This feature shouldn't need a poll. Should be implemented in the game since day one!
I ask: We can see the loadout of the enemy but not the friendlies? In what universe that makes any sense?

#10 Storm Khan

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

To be able to see friendly mech loadouts can come in real useful every so often. Does not matter whether you pug or play competitive, it can help you decide what you should do depending on the situation.
e.g. Lots of short range mechs in the team? Hmmm, maybe I should stay with them to give them ECM cover until they can close with the enemy...

#11 Sev Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

I don't think having a separate key for friendly targets is the best way especially for team leaders who need a fast overview about the hole team.
I would prefer a second tab on the tactical map showing the status of all mechs in the team or even better rework the hole tactical map and show the mechs status on it. The tactical map could really need a rework.

Edited by Sev7, 26 June 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#12 Nikolaus117

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Yes we Need that ! I would be reaistic an nice to see. You can act much more tactical when you know which damage your Teammate has!

#13 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

I've been longing for this for a while. Either:

A: Be able to target friendly mechs. Their paperdoll would appear in the normal area as any target would. Target would only engage when the crosshair is over your teammate, so teammates wouldn't get jumbled into your enemy autotarget. No locks would be allowed on teammates for obvious teamkill-preventing reasons. There are literally no downsides to this.

B: On the battlegrid window, since they are now implementing the ability to throttle and move while this window is open, it should show paperdolls of the 3 remaining members of your lance automatically.

#14 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

As a relatively new player, I´m still baffled that I can´t "target" a team-mate/friendly.

I am thinking back about to all those combat games I have played over the course of the last, oh, 30-ish years, and I can´t come up with a _single_ one that didn´t have that feature.

Wing Commander series? Check
Tie Fighter series? Yep
Mech Warrior series? Sure thing

Just to name a few of the more well known

#15 JeGGoR

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontpellier, France

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:12 PM

Indeed, it's very strange. We can see the loadout/armor of enemies but... not for friendlies... ?! what the heck?

It would be really helpful for better teamwork during PUG games.

#16 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Nope. In pub queue the team member this match is my enemy next match. If you want to know ask and I might tell you.

#17 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

A Command Mech needs to have the ability to assess the status of the other Mechs within its unit. Perhaps this should be an additional function of the Command Console?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users