Hunchback Quirks Make Some Of The Variants Dead On Arrival

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

I wrote a big long post in the main section you can find here, but I just wanted to put my input here in case it gets lost.

The quirks among variants are not consistent and will result in some hunchbacks being dead on arrival.

Hunchback 4SP is essentially a better missile mech than the 4J now by a mile. The only thing going for the 4J is 1 extra energy hardpoints and slightly better hardpoint placement. However there is no way that even comes close to counteracting the +168 hitpoints, and all those better sensor quirks the HBK-4SP has. Also why is the mech that's traditionally the LRM mech given worse sensor quirks?

The Grid Iron and 4G are both ballistic mechs and they seem to be on par with one another. However, the 4H gets no hitpoint quirks. Again, it has a couple extra energy hardpoints and slightly better placement, but I fail to see how this counteracts +168 hitpoints.

The hunchback 4P (laserboat) gets no hitpoint quirks despite being a short-medium range fighter. Plus it gets a load of negative sensor quirks. If you're not going to give me any sort of benefit for running it, why wouldnt I just play a clan laserboat?

We really need some hitpoint quirk parity here among the hunchbacks or some of these variants will be inferior by design.

#2 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

I have to agree. There are a number of HBKs that are similar. Something needs to separate them so each one has it's own niche.

#3 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

There are numerous other bits to be added that will make them unique I suspect.
While there are only 3 information attributes in the PTS3, there was the information sharing range in PTS2 which is not in this one.
Add to that some weapon, performance (speed and agility), armour and possibly other attributes... hopefully we will see a nice mix with each variant having something it is better at.
Shall have to wait and see.
At some point down the track we will likely have a 'pre-release' final test pass that hopefully puts it all together.
That is probably still a fair way off yet.

#4 Endost33L

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOrgrimmar

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

I have to agree too, hbk-4j was just "fine", toning down its LRM quirks just a bit is ok - the energy tonedown is making the mech instant DOA, its never going to compete with anything on the field, its already food for lights as it stands now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users