No Love For The Marauder?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

The Marauder drops next week, but I haven't seen any build speculation threads at all. Is that weird? Or am I just not looking far back enough?
In any case - who has ideas? Am I the only person crazy enough to fill up all three ballistic slots on the -3R with AC2s? Or thinking of bolting an AC20 onto the Bounty Hunter?

#2 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

GMan posted some builds on the NGNG forum, but he's rating it as a mostly tier 3/4 mech with a couple at tier 2 (meta-wise) and the builds were pretty basic. Swap out PPCs for LL or LPLs and carry on. I've got the full set coming to me and the quirks are going to have a big impact on how I build it out.

If there are PPC/ERPPC velocity quirks there's a decent chance I'll keep it roughly stock, add some more DHS and maybe go MPLs for the MLs and take the AC5 to a UAC5 for extra dakka. If the velocity isn't quirked then the straight swap of PPC for LPL isn't so terrible, lose a lot of range but better heat and damage.

Also the rebalance pass has the potential to completely change the landscape and it drops right around the same time so I'm just kinda waiting to see what happens

EDIT: I have been ruminating on a CW drop deck of 2x MAD and 2x Crab, low to the deck, fast, with a decent punch

Edited by Famous, 23 November 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

Yeah I was wondering that the nerf patch overshadowed the release somewhat

#4 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

Many players are slaves to the Meta so anything that will change the meta will change how they play their mechs.

Personally, I'm looking at the old pre quirk Cataphract builds for ideas but the NGNG ideas Famous posted sounds like some of the better ones many have shared during the first announcement. The Mad 5D may become my new 3 Large Pules Laser machine if it does better than my Thud 5SE but that will depend on hit boxes and how durable the machine is with a XL vs STD.

Edited by Steel Raven, 25 November 2015 - 03:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users