8 replies to this topic

#1 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

If you are a Trial you are basically fodder due to not having any skills unlocked or modules to accompany them.
Take for instance the Timber C(C) Trial vs an owned Mastered and Moduled same built
the Trial has -17.5%(5% Faster firing 12.5% Module[dont know if they stack against each other exponential or linear]) Cooldown on weapons but this isnt the biggest problem it is the added 2x Cool running and 2x Heat cap hat make owned mechs deadlyer and cooler allowing them to put out more DPS more reliable and at will faster.

I am all for a new player expirience but this is clearly too much of an advantage just because
some one started earlyer to play.

My proposial is that every Trial mech has the full skill tree unlocked,additional all to his build usefull modules placed and that it can be fitted with bought consumables at will.

Another point is that some versions dont come with maximal Armor or atleast maximal Armor
on the improtant parts. This should be changed too.

I can see that from a F2p stantpoint this might be drastical changes but it would level the playing field of a Trial mech from beeing fodder to beeing a decent choice.
Add to it that some players no matter what will bring these trial mechs to CW to grind the Mechbays.

Sidenote:
I would suggest removing the abillity to participate in Trial mechs in CW as they are now.
Even the C variants.

#2 Vetal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 500 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:11 AM

Then bobody will buy anyrhing, everyone will play trials.now you have motivation to buy mechs.

Edited by Vetal, 26 November 2015 - 03:12 AM.

#3 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

dont see a bad thing in your comment or is it sarcasm?  Since Trial mech change on a regular basis so your favorite mech
might be cycled out and you want THAT ONE. They are hardlocked  to 1 armament instead of allowing change.
The motivation is still there. Its not just driven from this mech is **** from a newplayer view since he will get shat on.
Without even having a chance to fight on even ground. Thats how a game should be? penaltying the guys that try to get started
or helping them out building a mech stable?

Edited by Inkarnus, 26 November 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

The trial mechs they give you are already setup with top of the line loadouts except for one of the clan mechs from each weight class since they don't have the builds setup yet. The only disadvantage that they have is that they don't have the skills unlocked. Even now the skill bonus is high, but its not an instant win just for having the skills, the trial mechs aren't instantly trash because of their bonuses.

If a new pilot tried out a trial mech that already had full skills and modules then decided to finally buy one for themselves just think about how it would feel to realize that by buying the mech you are actually getting a weaker mech than what you had, and at most you could only get it through basics since you don't have the other 2 variants you need. It just doesn't seem to go in the right order.

Let a new pilot rough it through with some unskilled trial mechs then let them actually progress with it once they have bought it. Its kinda nice to earn what you get sometimes.

#5 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:17 AM

(chuckles) Cheetah, raven and Enforcer are pretty decent trial mechs, amazingly... In a day's time went from Tier 4 to 3 and finished the TG normal queues challenges on 2 alt accounts.

Edited by Half Ear, 27 November 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:14 AM

depends on the Trial mech, some work fine woithout the skills as well.

Funny is PGI wanted us to design trial mechs, nwo they change so many mechanics for their "balance" that I wonder how many of those mechs after this balance will still be useful.

#7 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:20 AM

There are also exceptions regarding trial mechs. The Arctic for example. Also deadly as a trial!

#8 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 26 November 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

The trial mechs they give you are already setup with top of the line loadouts except for one of the clan mechs from each weight class since they don't have the builds setup yet. The only disadvantage that they have is that they don't have the skills unlocked. Even now the skill bonus is high, but its not an instant win just for having the skills, the trial mechs aren't instantly trash because of their bonuses.

If a new pilot tried out a trial mech that already had full skills and modules then decided to finally buy one for themselves just think about how it would feel to realize that by buying the mech you are actually getting a weaker mech than what you had, and at most you could only get it through basics since you don't have the other 2 variants you need. It just doesn't seem to go in the right order.

Let a new pilot rough it through with some unskilled trial mechs then let them actually progress with it once they have bought it. Its kinda nice to earn what you get sometimes.

Well i didnt just mention only the skills i mentioned the modules too and yes if you match any mech with the same loadout with a fully moduled and skilled version vs a trial version. The not trial version should come out always as winner.
Since things like Coolshot/Radar deprivation/seismic, higher dissipation and roughly 20% faster refire rate arent at all advantages./Irony

The setup of the Trial mechs has improved yes but PGI still keeps the uneven factor.
I mean even back in the day who in there sane mind would let a Trialmech with HALF ARMOR STD engines run against
fully elited mechs with FULL armor thats a nobrainer. I mean cmon that was glaring obvious and it took PGI so damn long to implement it reasonable fair. Sadly still they keep the equal honypot far out of reach. Last i checked btw the Maddog trial wasnt fully armored as well.

Sidenote: how should PSR even work when we have guys like Half Ear running around clubbing seals. Who in there right mind neads anyway 3 or more accounts -.-!
Warning heavy sarcasm:
I can too run around circles in any light and kill seals with them ez peezy same with
the glaring OP mechs under the trial mechs i wonder, why must be because iam the PC GAMER Master race and those seal man they must be Tier1 pro players that they are not blinded by my astral beeing.

Edited by Inkarnus, 27 November 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#9 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostVetal, on 26 November 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

Then bobody will buy anything, everyone will play trials.now you have motivation to buy mechs.

Well, that is not entirely true now that they're going live with the skill nerfs. They are taking away all incentive to get 3 variants. All that's left untouched are the heat skills and those you can get by buying a single variant. Not to mention their beloved increased TTK will be a failure when you see all the mechs torso twisting like a trial. A-lot-of-sitting-ducks online.
They are shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users