I Joined A Unit? Implications?

Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zentil

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:19 AM

So I joined a unit. I like it, people are friendly. But I am not sure to get what this means.

> am I earning faction points by playing quick play matches?

> can I run cw under a different faction than the unit's? I guess not?

> how do I pull out from a unit? I can't find the option. Just in case.

> how did they find me? How does one find a unit to join, in general?

Thanks for answering!

Z

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostZentil, on 27 November 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

So I joined a unit. I like it, people are friendly. But I am not sure to get what this means.

1 > am I earning faction points by playing quick play matches?

2 > can I run cw under a different faction than the unit's? I guess not?

3 > how do I pull out from a unit? I can't find the option. Just in case.

4 > how did they find me? How does one find a unit to join, in general?

Thanks for answering!

Z

1) No, you can only earn loyalty points in community warfare

2) no, when you join a unit in game the units faction becomes yours, the only way to have a faction different to the units is to leave the unit in game

3) the option is in the faction play tab, it is a blue button labeled leave unit, down in the bottom left corner next to purchase MC

4) most see the unit in-game or a unit advertisement in the forums, visit the units website then apply, sometimes a unit may see you in-game and invite you.

my unit wants people actively advertising, and has asked us to bump the units recruitment thread a few times a week, but I cannot think of anything good to say, and hate posting just for the sake of it, if I am going to post something I want it to be helpful, clarify something or offer a different viewpoint, so instead I put a line in my signature.

#3 Zentil

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 27 November 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

1) No, you can only earn loyalty points in community warfare

2) no, when you join a unit in game the units faction becomes yours, the only way to have a faction different to the units is to leave the unit in game

3) the option is in the faction play tab, it is a blue button labeled leave unit, down in the bottom left corner next to purchase MC

4) most see the unit in-game or a unit advertisement in the forums, visit the units website then apply, sometimes a unit may see you in-game and invite you.

my unit wants people actively advertising, and has asked us to bump the units recruitment thread a few times a week, but I cannot think of anything good to say, and hate posting just for the sake of it, if I am going to post something I want it to be helpful, clarify something or offer a different viewpoint, so instead I put a line in my signature.

Thank you: useful and to the point!

Z

ps: on a different subject, if you know, how do skill trees work exactly? Like: purchasing 3 mechs in order to have access to elite skills and the like. Any reliable source you can point me to, or can you explain how this works? Most info I find in the forum dates back to 2013. A few questions for example:

> in order to access elite skills of a given chassis (say TBR), do I need to

>> own 3 variants of the same chassis at the same time?
>> have developed basic skills to the max for 3 different variants of the same chassis at some point (say TBR-A, -C, and -D)? So I can buy one, raise skills, then sell, buy another and so on...
>> something else?

> do specific XPs refer to a chassis or to variants? e.g. if I have earned xp's for TBR-C can I used them to increase skills for TBR-A ? I am not talking of general xps, those I think I figured out.

Thanks in advance if you can help on this

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

how the skill tree works.

each varient has its individual skills, so e.g. if you own 4 Atlas AS7-D-DC they will all share the same skill tree, to elite the Atlases you would need to purchase diverant model numbers.
as for variants, that is the model number ignoring anything in brackets so e.g. the SDR-5K and SDR-5K(C), or the TBR-Prime and TBR-Prime(i), or the JR7-D, JR7-D(F), and JR7-D(S) are the same variant for skills purposes.

once you have unlocked a skill that remains unlocked permanently so to unlock elite you can purchase e.g. the TBR-C finish basics, sell it, purchase the TBR-A, basic it, sell it then the TBR-Prime, basic it then go on to elite it.

to Master a chassis you have to have completed elite on 3 varients in a weight class so e.g. 3 Timber Wolves or 1 TBR, 1 HBR and 1 JM6, it does not matter if you sold off the elite Jagermech 2 years ago it still counts

Mech XP is specific to the Mech so e.g. if you have 50,000 XP stored on your TBR-S you cannot spend it on a TBR prime, unless you convert it to GXP which usualy costs 1 MC for 25 XP, however this weekend it is half price 1 MC for 50XP
GPX is best spent unlocking modules but can be spent on leveling a chassis if you want, it is just that you earn about 5% as much GXP as Mech XP, so if you are going to want to unlock modules at some point it takes quite a while to accumulate enough GXP unless you convert Mech XP

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 08 December 2015 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users