34 replies to this topic

#21 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

This really boils down to IS mechs that have a mixed variety of hardpoints. They always suffer the worst. Nothing new here..

#22 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

All this talk about Victors being crappy makes me itching to get one. ^^

Tried them in the PTS, though 4v4 format might be more gentle on it.
But what bugged me the most was the SRM hardpoints, 10, 5, 2 on the 9s, 10, 5 on the 9k and 9b.
I see no reason for it to have gimped srm potential to fire and twist with srm6 or smr4 is something that would be potent, especially with a big gun on the arm to compliment it. As it is now, you shoot in streams if you have a srm6 with a blobb at the start and then a increasing impotent number of srms to follow.

The hard points overall is a bit... unique in the placements, arguments regarding its viability due to this can be made, but then again, if every mech had the "viable" hardpoint set up, diversity would plummet. I'd rather see they kept the hardpoint placements, but gave it other aids to improve it if needed.

#23 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:55 AM

Euklides, this is a similar problem that the CAT-A1, set up as a Splat-Cat can suffer with with the way the dynamic hardpoints work and if you forget to open your missile doors manually, you get the initial volley followed by some leftovers. Even opening manually sometimes they decide to close mid firefight anyway. It makes a somewhat viable mech into a walking coffin.

#24 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

I used to love my Victor back in the day. An Assault mech that could go in close and personal and bring the hurt. Good twisting and legtanking. Nowadays when you try to use your jets to outmanouver an enemy or spread dmg to your legs by the time you leave the ground you are dead...
One day I was so frustrated I just sold em. Highlanders suffer from a similar problem. Simply too many other nimble Assaults that got better quirks/hardpoints. Want a brutal brawler with good twist? Wubshee, Battlemaster come to mind. I don´t really remember the last time I saw a custom victor. Poor guys without a dropdeck bring the Trial Victor to CW... Loadout isn´t even bad but man that things get taken apart so fast it´s a joke.
With 60 armor and 34 Structure you get a total 94 health on the side torso. Wubhawk melts that in two alphas.

#25 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:37 AM

A remodel of the Victor is certainly in order. Otherwise, the mech itself isn't too bad really.

I'm a fan of the AC10 with 3 LPL loadout.

#26 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 27 November 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

3LPL +1 Gauss is your cheesy answer. That's what mine has and you should be near the top. Keep the jj you will need them. just check and i dont have jj on mine my bad.

Won't be with the recharge nerf..

View PostBigBenn, on 28 November 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

A remodel of the Victor is certainly in order. Otherwise, the mech itself isn't too bad really.

I'm a fan of the AC10 with 3 LPL loadout.

That's a good build on the Highlander 332b because you can sword and board with a standard Engine, not so the Victors, arms to wide and on opposite sides

#27 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

It is one of the biggest wastes of 'mechbay space in my inventory, alongside the Trebuchet. I like the ideas, OP... and may I suggest a 50% reduction in AC/20 cooldown quirk, a 50% reduction in SRM spread quirk and a 20% energy weapon cooldown and 20% energy weapon heat reduction quirks.

Given how bad the robot is, I think those quirks are fine after you put in a 20 point LT/RT armor buff. If you reduce the size, well, then reduce some of the quirk values.

OH... and after you do this... implement some extreme Suckoner™ buffs.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 28 November 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

Honestly, from the perspective of a former VTR Brawling enthusiast (screw the poptarts, they are the ones that brought us to this point):

1: ST/CT armor/Structure buffs
2: Movement Archetype and Jump Profile should be same as the Summoner
3: VTR was noted as a "cool" and mobile chassis, so Quirks should focus on mobility (new ones do) and Heat Generation first
4: Offensively, quirks should be ballistic focused, with secondary more on short beam duration, to maximize said mobility.
5: Rescale. This needs done first, but being the most time consuming, I put it last.

Really, when it was still super mobile (aka, before jumpjets became hoverjets) the size was not that big a deal, and it's arms let it soak pretty well.

If they are concerned about a "Rise of the poptarts" then go back and address jump sniping in one of the several more intelligent and directed manners given during the "Toaster Pastry Crisis" by adding shake, CoF or whatever mechanics during the flight time.

#29 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

Well I know it would be a long time before they resize it because of man power. So really what we are asking for are good quirks.

#30 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

Well it will move much more like it used to with the December 1st patch. I just wish that it would get some st armor buffs, but hey, this is a good thing! :P

#31 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

View Postbeleneagle, on 28 November 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Well it will move much more like it used to with the December 1st patch. I just wish that it would get some st armor buffs, but hey, this is a good thing! :P
Ya main thing honestly is armor and weapons quirks. Hope to see good stuff in the patch notes tomorrow.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 29 November 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Ya main thing honestly is armor and weapons quirks. Hope to see good stuff in the patch notes tomorrow.

it's quirks will be as posted for PTS4, according to Russ's roadmap.

#33 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

Well balance pass is coming out Tuesday and I would think it might have some changes from the PTS. If not hopefully some time after that.

#34 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 November 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

it's quirks will be as posted for PTS4, according to Russ's roadmap.

Gotta love it. We all give them feedback in the official PTS chassis forum, and multiple posts about it in general discussion.

PGI : " Playtest and leave feedback in the chassis forum, so you can help us with balance changes! "

Us : " Hey PGI, we played on the test server and left feedback on the official PTS forum about the Victor, please fix! "

PGI : " Haha got you! trololololololol "

Russ on Twitter : " Whats going on with my game? "

Edited by Alwrath, 29 November 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#35 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

So no torso armor quirks on the new balance pass. They didnt listen tot he feedback from the balance test very well.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users