9 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

Did the community's input influence any of the decisions at all?

If not why the hell did you put it up on PTS?

PTS 4 is going to change the game so much yet again. Some of the changes make absolutely no sense at all. Some of the changes the majority of the testers agree is simply a BAD idea, yet PGI is going live with it?

I do not understand this mentality. To me the only thing that was put on PTS that was removed was the Ghost damage mechanic. And whoever came up with that idiotic idea needs to be fired.

So why put stuff on the test server if your going to ignore what the testers have tested?

Mark my words. Come the next patch after the 1st, they will be "fixing" some of the problems we reported in the PTS?

#2 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

There's actually been a lot of material that was influenced with player input. There's also a great deal more still to come.

IW as a whole has been postponed until more polish and work is put into it. That's 50% of the rebalance, right there. One of the biggest reasons is because they listened to the majority of the community that the "Optimum Laser Range on Lock" was not a good route to go (as implemented in PTS). More work still needs to be done on it.

However, what we are getting is still a great deal better than what we have on live:

- Less massive weapon-specific quirks, more generalized quirks at lower values.

- More agility/defense quirks . . . with a distinct shift in focus on how quirks are applied.

- Most (if not all) super-quirking is dead . . . especially the bad ones like super-cooldown quirks.

- Also, the terribly over-bearing skill tree is getting nerfed (as it should . . . as I've said before, combat edge . . . not completely different mech).

- On top of it all the highly demanded Clan XL impacts are hitting live (don't cry too hard clanners, IS will have the same effect when we get the comparable Light Fusion Engine . . . besides, IS XL Kills the mech on a side torso loss).

- AC/2s are finally getting attention, and possibly more tuning. I am admittedly sad that Flamers and MG's didn't get any attention (especially Flamers).

- Heat Sink tuning has been applied to help limit massive alphas, make single heatsinks more viable (particularly for lower-heat builds). It's not perfect, but it's a massive improvement. Hopefully more tuning will follow.

That is a huge pile of stuff hitting live servers.

Once IW comes out I expect a great deal more to be done with the current quirk overhaul that is happening. Hopefully what is left of the super-quirking dies when IW hits.

#3 Fubbit

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

My biggest concern with the live release is the ECM situation.

The (vast) majority (of everyone i talk to) seems to want ECM to work like PTS 3. ( DO IT PGI! =) )

I agree with Sereglach on the rest pretty much. PTS build is just better than live.

#4 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

They may still adjust some things before they release the notes monday, so we can be a little patient.

One thing that will be interesting is that clan damage scores will be going up in CW because of all the new structure quirks to IS mechs.

#5 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

It's good that they are going live with it, it's a huge improvement over the current balance.

Edited by Sjorpha, 28 November 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#6 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

PTS4 changes wasn't enough. ECM targeting denial delenda est. It have to big impact on gameplay. Instead of this crutch, something must be done with LRM indirect fire - x2 lockon time for indirect fire, or lockon denial for targets without full gathered info. Or something else, yet to be suggested.

#7 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

ECM is that miniature poodle with the infamously gaudy "hairdo" that everyone except the owner knows is fugly.

#8 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 28 November 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Did the community's input influence any of the decisions at all?

If not why the hell did you put it up on PTS?

PTS 4 is going to change the game so much yet again. Some of the changes make absolutely no sense at all. Some of the changes the majority of the testers agree is simply a BAD idea, yet PGI is going live with it?

I do not understand this mentality. To me the only thing that was put on PTS that was removed was the Ghost damage mechanic. And whoever came up with that idiotic idea needs to be fired.

So why put stuff on the test server if your going to ignore what the testers have tested?

Mark my words. Come the next patch after the 1st, they will be "fixing" some of the problems we reported in the PTS?

Some of the changes (ghost dmg) were taken out because of player input. But I feel ya, they outright lied to us about the process, they are NOT ready to launch the re-balance and they are rushing it for Steam. Only to go back and have extra work fixing what they broke while trying to fix other things. It seems to be PGI's favorite modus operandi.

#9 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

I havnt had much input since the first test. I expect things will improve when these changes go live. Taking a break recently to come back to the game fresh after some new content additions like Phase 3 of the galactic war map and these balance improvements.

Anyway, looking forward to MUCH needed balance improvements.

#10 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Balancing in MMO game is never finished and this balancing pass isn't exception from that. It is a step in a right direction and I am glad to see it live on Dec 1st.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users