The Sword of Tyr

21 replies to this topic

#1 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Who we are: Not quite a merc corp...not interested in the Houses...certainly not a clan.

What we offer: We are a direction for the lost, a home for the wanders of the lone distances of the dark sky, and a beacon fire to the brave warriors struggling against the chaos of the galaxy.

What we will be: A strong group of battle brothers/sisters, with sound strategies, organized tactics, a Vent/TS3, a Code of Honor, having fun as we spill the blood of our enemies on the various terrains of far-off planets.

What we will not be: We do NOT believe in a hierarchy of seniority, aristocracy, or plutocracy. The worth of each man or woman is found in their honor, their strength, and their fearlessness on the field of combat.
There are no "applications", there will be no "interviews", no bureaucracy, and no political infighting found in most organizations. Just a force of like minded folks, working together to have fun and achieve our ultimate aims.

What we need: We need warriors, of all backgrounds, and of all types. New or veteran, dedicated or casual, we will be united, as we seek victory on the battlefield.

We are the Sword of Tyr and just as Norse God Tyr willingly sacrificed his hand to see that the Fenris wolf could be bound and the safety and peace of the land maintained, So shall we all shed our blood, and give our lives to achieve victory and bring glory to the Sword, and spread the Code.

The Code of Seven:

1) The Code is to Honor:
Honor yourself with truth and fairness. Your word is your bond, give your word power by adhering to it. Honor your family and friends with reverence and respect. Honor is the mark of strength and nobility.

2) The Code is to Protect:
Protect with savagery your blood and kin. Let no one or no thing violate your love or way. Let there always be inequity in defense. Always protect thrice as fiercely as one is attacked. Protection is the mark of a warrior spirit.

3) The Code is to Flourish:
Prosperity and growth are key to the survival of the way. Such is the mark of intelligence.

4) The Code is Knowledge:
Knowledge is power. Seek ever to expand the mind. Never stagnate, for knowledge is a gift weapon.

5) The Code is Change:
Adapting and changing are important for growth and survival. That which cannot adapt or change is doomed to perish. Change is the mark of insight.

6) The Code is Control:
Never loose control to anger or be baited by hostility. Never violate the weak or innocent. Never tolerate those who do. Control is the mark of a disciplined mind, a sign of the greatest of warriors.

7) The Code is Conflict:
Those who follow the way must know the art of combat, weapons and vengeance. War is part of the path. Always be prepared for hostility. It is a destiny woven into the fibers of our people. Keep body, mind and training up at all times. Have no remorse in the savagery of conflict. Win, prevail and survive.

Feel free to message myself or Tolouse for further details, in game or on the forums.

"LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!"

Edited by Les Grossman, 20 August 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#2 pinkturtle

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

hey Les, so what does your group want in a player? Fun, laughs, win? Are you willing to teach the super noobs?

#3 Tolouse

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yeap! If someone want to have fun! Join us! Everyone is welcome :angry:

#4 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

We are all noobs at first, everyone has to learn, we can help. And of course, if you have fun, you usually win.

#5 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

I just realized from another post, we really are "space vikings". Personally it's an interesting idea.

#6 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Aww! That's sweet. I'm honored.

#7 OkiWan Muskogee

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

How do I join the Sword of Tyr?

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

#8 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Aww! That's sweet. I'm honored.

LOL...you guys can't are hilarious....Windblown Comedians!

#9 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostLes Grossman, on 24 August 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

LOL...you guys can't are hilarious....Windblown Comedians!

Hey now, no need to be mean. I was having a legitimate go considering my own name and the name of your new group. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Sincerely, good luck with recruiting. I would't mind seeing a bunch of guys out there running under the flag of my favorite Norse god.

#10 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 24 August 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hey now, no need to be mean. I was having a legitimate go considering my own name and the name of your new group. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Sincerely, good luck with recruiting. I would't mind seeing a bunch of guys out there running under the flag of my favorite Norse god.

True enough, good luck to everyone. See you in the drops.

#11 Oppozition

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Just from a night of hanging with you guys its a great combination of fun and tactics. Would love to join up.

#12 Elfiwolfe

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

As long as the C-bills roll in.

#13 PacifistWarrior

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Sign me up, Jimmy.

By the way, is there really external views now?

#14 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostOppozition, on 30 August 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Just from a night of hanging with you guys its a great combination of fun and tactics. Would love to join up.

You are a solid guy glad to have you anytime!

View PostPacifistWarrior, on 31 August 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sign me up, Jimmy.

By the way, is there really external views now?

LOL no but you seem to find ways to rip open mechs and see internals!

We are currently running a group on the new unofficial team speak server...109.228.29.191. Anyone is welcome to join us.

#15 TitanLord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

What's up guys?

Good times last night, good times.

#16 PacifistWarrior

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Where's the hangout now? seems the SOT channel on the server got axed?

#17 Atra

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

hey, good running with you guys the other night. let me know when you normally play, i would definitely be interested in joining a solid group.

#18 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostAtra, on 02 September 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

hey, good running with you guys the other night. let me know when you normally play, i would definitely be interested in joining a solid group.

Evenings pacific time seems a normal time, the SoT channel in the new TS3 is not permanent, has to be created every time we go in. Once we get a large enough group together we'll set up a SoT TS3 of our own, til then, we want to play as much as we can with new folks. Expand the list of contacts, see you guys on there.

#19 Les Grossman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks to the folks who are keeping up the good fight. We are starting to get full dropships and its awesome we have pilots willing to wait to drop with us! The website is being built! Go Tolouse!

#20 TitanLord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Bah, I lost internet connection last night at the end of that last match. Sorry guys, I don't know what the deal was, but I was having intermittent connectivity issues all night. It's usually pretty stable. At least there was only a single enemy mech left on the field when it happened.

What is the story with the shiny Awesome, anyway? Is that a reflective armor effect I wonder?

Edited by TitanLord, 05 September 2012 - 06:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users