New Recruit Needs Advice

5 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

Hey guys, just signed a perm contract with Kurita, so you are stuck with me :)

I'm looking for organized drops most any time. Are there organized drop groups I should join?
I'm already on a comp team, my unit tags are just deactivated so I can choose Kurita faction

I'm low T3 mostly in a Raven, and prob T4 in my assaults.

Also, I usually run 2 Raven 3Ls and 2 Stalker 4Ns. But I've been wondering if its a better idea for me to drop with 4 mechs closer to 60 tons each?

Cheers
Fen

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 29 November 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#2 John Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClan Border

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hi

Sorry a Steiner is dropping in, but i stumbled upon this post and thought i might aswell give an answer based on my experience in cw (wich is mostly based on Steiner vs. Clans). :)

You should try to find an organized drop group or an unit that suits you, it makes things so much easier and fun.

First you should stick to a wight class that suits you, if thats light and assault, there are certainly mechs to find there that will work in cw.

The Stalker 4N should actually be one of those.

When you find a group or unit, things might change a bit, as you will most likely change your dropdeck depending on the tactics that are used there.

E.g. for the groups or in the unit i'm in thats mostly heavys like the various Thunderbolt variants or other heavys with roughly about 70-85 kph, because we like to attack and push in as a whole team with more or less the same speed.
So the dropdeck i mostly use is like 2x Thunderbolt 5SS, 1x Thunderbolt 9SE and 1x Griffin 2N.

But we have some Battlemasters or Stalkers mixed in from time to time and Ravens 3L for Ecm too.

But again, that will depend a lot at the tactics the group or unit you might end up with prefer.

As long as you are going in with a Pug theres nothing wrong with your deck, maybe try a Blackjack instead of one of the Ravens like the Blackjack 1X to get yourself a bit more firepower.

Range is nice but at range clanners will outgun you most of the time, from my experience they don't really like brawls and closerange fights because their laserbuilds at least tend to run very hot very fast.
You might considers this too.

Edited by John Gun, 29 November 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#3 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Cool thanks. I have Stalker 4Ns, Raven 3Ls and a Griffin 2n. And just grabbed the Thunderbolts.

So I can mix up
85-85-45-35
85-65-65-35
65-65-65-55
which should give me some versatility.

"the dropdeck i mostly use is like 2x Thunderbolt 5SS, 1x Thunderbolt 9SE and 1x Griffin 2N"

Can I ask why you aren't going with 3x Thunderbolt 5SS instead? Why the 9SE?

#4 John Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClan Border

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

Hey

Sure you can, sorry i noticed your post just now.

The 9SE is in there because i personaly like Lpl's and to have something with more range then the 5SS Mpl's or the Griffins srm's in case i need it.

Like popping turrets on top of the gates and stuff, and yeah, there are e.g. large laser builds that can do that more effective at greater range, but we as a group like to take the fight right to the clanners and into a mid - close range fight, so the 9SE in my drop-deck is something like a jack of all trades related to range.
My build is 2x Large Pulse + 3 Med Pulse instead of the 3 Large Pulse

Edited by John Gun, 30 November 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#5 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:58 AM

There's nothing wrong with having light and assaults in a deck and no heavies.

To answer your other question, though, get teamspeak3 and go to server HouseKurita.tserverhq.com and you fill find plenty of Kuritan pilots to join up with. It's the main House Kurita hub. There's a lot of different units with different drop styles (some more easygoing, others almost military-like), and we often intermix to get a 12-man going. You will learn a lot by osmosis dropping with us. Once you've spent some time and made some friends you'll at some point know which unit you'd like to apply to.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

This weekend will be a great time to do that ^^

With the Tukayyid event, it should be busy all weekend! You don't even need a mic, you can just sit in channel and listen if you desire, and type to us if you need to say something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users