Can't Install Lower Arm Actuators

5 replies to this topic

#1 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Is anyone else having problems installing lower arm actuators in the Mech lab? I clicked the box to install lower arm actuators (and the check mark appears), but when I install a weapon, the lower arm actuator is removed and I cannot re-check the box.I have plenty of open slots for the actuator, by the way. Is this a bug in the Mech lab or are there restrictions on the installation of lower arm actuators? This has really aggravated me because as you all know, you cannot move your arms side to side without lower arm actuators (a huge problem when driving a jump capable Mech). Thoughts? Input?

#2 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

For lack of better words to explain it, some weapons when fit into an arm, will replace the arm actuator.

#3 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, it seems like you just can't have them with "heavy" weapons. I don't have a comprehensive list which ones these heavy weapons are, but you can use your intuition.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

No Ballistic other than MG, no PPC.

Lasers are fine.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostKissamies, on 30 November 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yeah, it seems like you just can't have them with "heavy" weapons. I don't have a comprehensive list which ones these heavy weapons are, but you can use your intuition.

View PostMcgral18, on 30 November 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

No Ballistic other than MG, no PPC.

Lasers are fine.

As McGral listed.

In Battletech construction rules, if an Omnimech mounts a PPC or Autocannon or Gauss in it's arms, it replaces the lower arm actuator. PGI decided to keep that aspect of Omni construction.

Why they decided this, I can only guess was a hamfisted attempt at balance. As it is, it has always been nonsense, and needlessly punishes mechs that could really use that arm traverse. I can see where it might be good to limit say a Direwolf or Timberwolf, but having lower arm actuators would be a HUGE boon to mechs like Summoners and Novas.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 30 November 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#6 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 November 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

I can see where it might be good to limit say a Direwolf or Timberwolf, but having lower arm actuators would be a HUGE boon to mechs like Summoners and Novas.

You must be telepathic, because I am encountering the lower arm actuator issue with my Summoners. I have other Summoner builds with lower arm actuators installed and they do help. Perhaps PGI can allow lower arm actuators for all Summoners, no matter the loadout, as a much needed buff *dreams*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users