32 replies to this topic

#1 Modi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

First off let me state I have always been a fan of the Federated Suns. Now that being said I am failing to see how there are two seperate factions at this point between the Federated Suns and the Lyran Alliance. At this point in the story line are not the two nations 1 ruled over by Hanse and Melissa Davion? Are not thier children being raised or have already been raised in different areas of the super state? Is not the goal to have one nation ruled by First Prince Archon Victor Steiner-Davion? Now do not get me wrong I love the idea of there being seperate factions but if the story line is to do that you need to go even further back than 3049.

#2 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

That is the situation at the moment, and as such I am sure we will see no hostilities between the two factions when Community Warfare is implemented. However, it is probably best to have folks declare allegiance now, since in a few years one Katherine (may her bloodline be struck from existence!) will tear the alliance apart. Also, this prevents there being one *massive* group compared to the other IS houses.

#3 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well, since the two don't share borders, there shouldn't be any fights between the two houses. In fact, the picture of the IS that the devs have on this site shows the FedCom as a single unit. BUT it's not formally one nation until Victor Steiner-Davion takes the throne.

#4 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Maybe not formally one nation, but by 3049 the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth were almost completely integrated with one another. I think we're all a bit puzzled as to what PGI intends to do with Steiner-Davion at this point; I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

#5 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Just means more targets for my guns...

#6 Ramius Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Pssst. Don't turn around. There are two giant cats RIGHT behind you.

No. Really. Don't turn around. This'll be fun to watch... Oh, man! Now there's an enormous bear too! Wheeeeeee!

/popcorn

#7 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

You're not the only one. In fact virtually every other House that isn't FedCom is going to be gunning for you guys (though I suspect that's exactly the way you want it). And of course when the Clans invade a good chunk of your playerbase is just going to up and leave. I'm interested in seeing how Community Warfare handles the alliance since there's a good few Steiners who hate your guts (and vice versa I suspect).

I like this time period. We can only grow stronger from here on out, while the FedCom's days are numbered.

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

I can't wait for the Clans. That will bring in a bunch of newcomers to fight. House Kurita does not shy away from long odds.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

It's the Lyran Commonwealth right now. The Lyran Alliance if formed in '57, two years after the official creation of the Federated Commonwealth.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 11 July 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#10 Rorusbass

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBelow MSL

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 11 July 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

It's the Lyran Commonwealth right now. The Lyran Alliance if formed in '57, two years after the official creation of the Federated Commonwealth.

I believe it's going to be Capellan Confederation in two years.

#11 MogCarns

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

That is the situation at the moment, and as such I am sure we will see no hostilities between the two factions when Community Warfare is implemented. However, it is probably best to have folks declare allegiance now, since in a few years one Katherine (may her bloodline be struck from existence!) will tear the alliance apart. Also, this prevents there being one *massive* group compared to the other IS houses.

Her bloodline is the same as Victor's. And Peter, and Yvonne. Spare the striking and focus on the individual.

Even in this timeperiod, so internal conflict is not impossible. The Sandovals in the Draconis March still fear that the union has driven some of the focus from hating Kurita, and Ryan Stiener still desires to pull the Isle of Skye. However, open mech hostility was extremely rare, and got you discharged from the AFFC. So there is that.

#12 MogCarns

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostRorusbass, on 11 July 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

That is a good point. The Crappies are insane, and little details like reality do not always apply. Thus, while the historical Crapellan were too weak to launch an offensive during the early years of the Clan's invasion, what stops the MWO Crapellans? I guess the lack of the need to wait weeks for a jumpship would help. I guess we get instant travel.

#13 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostRorusbass, on 11 July 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Hahahahahahaha... no really, HA HA HA HA HA

#14 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostMogCarns, on 11 July 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

That is a good point. The Crappies are insane, and little details like reality do not always apply. Thus, while the historical Crapellan were too weak to launch an offensive during the early years of the Clan's invasion, what stops the MWO Crapellans? I guess the lack of the need to wait weeks for a jumpship would help. I guess we get instant travel.

View PostOy of MidWorld, on 11 July 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Hahahahahahaha... no really, HA HA HA HA HA

Quoted for when we take over.

#15 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

You Davions seem to forget I have you in my sights as well, you think we forgot what happend in the 4th succession[color="#000000"] war?[/color][color="#000000"] [/color]
Oh, far from it. Kurita, Liao, and Marik are all wanting you dead we will join forces in game just like are factions did in the story line, but we will not wait till 3057 to strike, nor will we stop to help you deal with the clans....

#16 Modi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Um, you Mariks can't join forces in your own country how are you supposed to join forces with 2 other nations?

#17 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Ah, leave the Mariks alone, they're quite shy.

#18 Braedin

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

house liao should just be glad the clans invaded when they did. or you would not exist. fed com was flat out pwning you badly.

#19 Rorusbass

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBelow MSL

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostBraedin, on 14 July 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

house liao should just be glad the clans invaded when they did. or you would not exist. fed com was flat out pwning you badly.

we'll be making an alternate timeline, that'll be all.

#20 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

fed rats, know that your death is coming. House Liao will make sure that your poor down trodden populace is educated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users