Which Wolves To Master?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

So, I managed to get the champion Timber Wolf (snagged it for free during that event) basic'd up in less than 3 hours due to premium time, its own xp bonus and the double xp weekend. This'd be fantastic if I could afford to just casually get two more in order to elite them all, but therein lies my issue - which one do I pick to make the most of my very limited c-bills??
I don't really have a preference for what kind of engagement range I like - I have so many different mechs that it's hard to narrow down. I seem to do best at medium/long range though, between 400 and 700m. To that end, I've somewhat narrowed it down to two choices with these builds:
TBR-S

TBR-A

I can only afford one at a time, too, but I'm probably going to get the S first out of these two.
Thoughts? Suggestions of other variants? Distant laughing at my horrible choices?

#2 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:37 AM

I don't have timbys in my stable, yet anyway, but I recommend you play what you want. Some might cry crocodile tears that your builds are not meta enough, but I say if these builds suit your play style, then go for it!

One thing I recommend is, you might wanna buy the omnipods and try out those builds with your existing C-variant before you buy the other expensive variant CTs. You only need some arms and side torsos so it would end up costing only around only 2mil c-bills. The C-variant is similar to A and D with one energy hardpoint in the CT so I'd recommend those variants. The CT jumpjet in the S-variant isn't optimal. One jump jet doesn't give you much lift in 75 tonnes.

So I'd take A and D variants. Here are my suggestions using your existing C-variant as a trial frame to your other variant builds:

TBR-A edited (Shaved off some leg armor for an extra DHS and moved some hand DHS into side torsos for crit buffing)

TBR-D (I put in a targeting computer to replace the jump jet, but if you want you could do some extra lasers like so)

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I did some spell checking and refrasing and corrected the TBR-D link

Edited by InsaneRotta, 01 December 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#3 CTsai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

If your money is tight I would go for the A model first. I haven't played Timby for awhile but quite a few builds involved using the S model side torso(which has two locked JJ). Couple that with the S center torso and you lose 3 tons of pod space when you only really need one JJ for maneuvering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users