:P

#43 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

I don't think we're going to see a persistant world like Planetside, which is why they keep saying MWO will not be an MMO.

I would like to think we will see character progession, which would not only include skills but also salvaged/purchased mechs, mech customizations, etc...

So, in other words,

1- Persistance would be character based.

2- The face of the Inner Sphere would be effected by player wins/losses, but it would simply be a large galaxy map with battles taking place based on the events of the day in the BT Timeline.

3- There would be no persistant worlds, but rather instanced maps shared (with minor tweaks, perhaps) between numerous contested planets.

I think this is what he means by "MMO-esque".

But, obviously, only the devs know for sure at this point.

#44 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostDevil Man, on 06 December 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

I don't think we're going to see a persistant world like Planetside, which is why they keep saying MWO will not be an MMO.

I would like to think we will see character progession, which would not only include skills but also salvaged/purchased mechs, mech customizations, etc...

So, in other words,

1- Persistance would be character based.

2- The face of the Inner Sphere would be effected by player wins/losses, but it would simply be a large galaxy map with battles taking place based on the events of the day in the BT Timeline.

3- There would be no persistant worlds, but rather instanced maps shared (with minor tweaks, perhaps) between numerous contested planets.

I think this is what he means by "MMO-esque".

But, obviously, only the devs know for sure at this point.

Persistant-world is another of those terms which gets thrown around frequently but which can be variously defined. There's a difference usually between a persistant instanced world and a persistant open world. As you have pointed out, it's highly doubtful that MWO will have an open world (universe).

The key points for "persistance" in MWO, I think, are that character progression remains between instances (whether it be in the form of equipment, "skills," C-Bills, something else, or some combination of the above), and that instances actually impact the larger universe in some (small) way, albeit non-permanently.

#45 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

nice input fellas, I am just hoping for a well rounded, action filled game that isnt just all about FPS....and a target :P

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users