- - - - -

This Will Help You Ask The Right Questions.

6 replies to this topic

#1 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

This one came out considerably better than your previous attempt. Kudos!
The information is very useful for both new and veteran players.
Spoiler

Those watching, if you found it useful please like his video as well as his post. It brings much happiness to youtubers.

Many aspects of what Envisage has described can be seen demonstrated here in this voiceless gameplay video, where a two-mech team goes 'Commando' in order to take down a large number of enemy forces. Including: "Shield arm" (left side), creative use of range differentials, using a cooperative teammate as a shield to disrupt enemy fire and lockons, exploitation of enemy weak points (namely XL engines, critical parts, weapon disabling), and numerous others. (First fighting is within a minute and 20 seconds; serious fighting at just before 4 minutes. Long pause, then more fighting.)

(Edit: Fixed my grammar fails.)

Edited by Koniving, 02 December 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

a pretty good video with lots of useful information, I do not agree with all of it but that comes down to differing points of view (e.g. Lights are extremely fragile, so I do not usualy recommend them to new players, I would usualy recommend a medium first unless the player had specific requirements which are incompatible with medium Mechs)

when you are ready to purchase your own Mech see if a variant is available as a trial Mech and if so try it out before spending, no point looking at it and deciding to get it based on its hardpoints then hating the handling, the Trials are not just there for you to use until you can afford your first Mech.

#4 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

I second Rogue Jedi's recommendation for Mediums for new players. Lights are forgiving on positioning mistakes if you don't draw attention. Especially in the beginning when you don't know the maps it's very easy to get yourself into a position that you can't get out of fast enough to make up for your minimal armor.

So far I've found Mediums and Heavies to be the most forgiving all around while Lights and Assaults are the most brutal. I say this having started in Lights then moving to Assaults, the first time I jumped into a stock T-Bolt it was so easy in comparison.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:27 AM

I third the support for mediums as the main class to look into for two reasons:

1) It is the most "middle ground" you can be with 40 tons being akin to lights, with 50 and 55 easily being akin to heavies while some of those are still capable of incredible speeds that heavies can barely reach.

2) Unlike about 80% of light mechs, the medium mechs do not require XL (extra light and extra large; yes it really is both) engines in order to compete, significantly dropping the price tag for entry into fights with tougher opponents for a fair chance. And for a new player, income is slim after that initial flood to get started.

#6 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

Great video, I'll be looking for more.

(...and last night I got to be on the receiving end of Mr. Envisage's techniques demonstrated by him personally... I was alive and fine one second, smoking heap the next Posted Image well played! )

Edited by Morggo, 04 December 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

This one is rather good (you're not playing on your mobile this time).
A lot of useful information, little to non errors (the few errors are negligible, really).

Mind you, if you want to inform new players, how about a quick overview about the general difference between clan omni (and later on upcoming IIC battle) 'mechs, and IS battlemechs. Also faction and CW rewards. (yeshh, i just want more people joining CW :X)

And a little extra: there are quite a lot of folks already here who do have a steam account and also play cs:go. not calling names ofc :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users