Implications Of The Patch

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pockets

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:35 PM

So I've been reading through the updated quirks and I'm thinking the across the board agility nerf and uberquirks is going to be a major factor (and of course it stitches me up royally, across the board :( ) and I was wondering how its been unfolding for people?

Looking at it, most of the lights lose out and most of the faster and brawlier mediums have huge quirks, so are things moving in favour of them? Are SRMs in fashion with the tighter spread?
How viable are the heavies and assaults that haven't got agility quirks - surely they just get out-manoeuvred by the mechs that are more agile than before like the Victor? Are all the accel/decel quirks making everyone play even more pokey?

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

Lights; Lights that relied on agility to survive (read: Locusts, Commandos) lost the hardest. Not because of speed tweak - that only cost them 2-4 kph - but the huge nerf to Anchor Turn, Hard Brake and Kinetic Burst. Even with + accel/decel quirks, it still made them far more sluggish than before.

SRMs: At least usable. Getting in range is always an issue with SRMs, but at least SRM4s can enjoy a pretty good hitrate against most targets even at their maximum effective range. Decreased spread causes SRM6 without artemis to be (somewhat) viable against larger targets, and it's not uncommon for a light to lose one or more limbs by a single SRM6x4 volley.

I don't really play heavies or assaults any more, so I can't say anything for those. But on the whole, it was a pretty good patch.

#3 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

With the agility nerfs ttk has gone down even though clan weapons and IS quirks were tuned down. Gotta adapt.

#4 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

Bought a Grif 2N about a month ago and, quite frankly, it's a monster. At Tier four, I have a 5:1 K/D, which is significantly higher than my average. More importantly, my win loss ratio has almost doubled in it.

The Grif isn't all that great on its own, but in the three person lance I run with it's downright terrifying. The focused alphas melt mechs in seconds, and if we combine fire we can instantly destroy an inattentive mech of any weight class.

Here's my build ATM:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b02cea5e61d923

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users