9 replies to this topic

#1 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

Since the last thread is now closed with zero response from the PGI Staff lets renew it on this patch same thread same gripe, get rid of the voting on modes, you killed the game as it is and steam is not going to resurrect it for you. you might get an influx of new players in the beginning but when it comes down to it all of the useless shiny new cockpit glitter and the map upgrades to wow people wont be enough. this last patch could of been a big one for you guys if you put a little check box back in the game so we can play the games we want. instead you put a bunch of useless blinking lights to clutter the cockpit that dont work and block our hud screens and added a ding to the end of the countdown very impressive and useless 30 days of programming in my opinion.could of been used to fix real issues.

Here is some news for you. mech warrior has always been and will always be a game for unique combat players, we like realism in the fact that we all like driving complicated tanks in the form of mechs that have specific functions and choices based on type,speed, weight and class.

ive introduced the game to dozens of people and for the most part its too complicated for the avg person to grasp and the learning curve is too long for them to stay long enough to learn the skills needed to play and have a good time. so im pretty confident when i say steam will fail. unless your trying to build a quick user base and sell to another company who may do the right thing. PGI will not be the last company that tries to build a better mechwarrior there will be others and for the most part they always listen to the user base give them what they need and then they do what your doing by not listening because they will think they know whats best for everyone and start making choices without including the why's for the player base.

we dont need fancy cockpits our monitor is the cockpit our keyboards are the steering wheels
want to add something make it so it can be used on a separate monitor or two fix the game so it can used with a joystick and rudder peddles get back to realism not this cartoon ******** your forcing on everyone.
and for the pilot rating completely useless once again in the U.S. we like to know how we stand against other pilots if you have 5000 pilots we all want to know who's the best. if someone doesn't want to show their rank they hit a little check box and its hidden but its very simple with none of this other crap.
most kills every month goes to Joe Effin Blow, most assists goes this person no one cares what tier there in.
so if you don't have 5000 players in your user base you put the top 1000 up their done and everyone else
gets to see there own stats privately if your user base is smaller use the top 100 but the Tier crap useless.
joe blow loses he moves down the list ace wins he moves up the list. see that simple.

you want to program something figure out who plays the best with who and add that stat to your list you won the most games and have the most assist with this guy now that's useful.

i'm done ranting this games sux i hope it doesnt take too long for the next owner to take over.

Edited by Thegreywolf, 03 December 2015 - 09:23 PM.

#2 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

You seem mad.

#3 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

bad day im sorry i look forward to playing this game but its so horrible right now i cant even turn it on

#4 Mr Inconsistent

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSydney

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

I like the game mode voting and find it has increased the variety of game modes played as well as maps. Both win wins.

#5 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

oh and one more thing we have another thread that talks about the pretty light show in the cockpit which i understand is not finished and will most likely be a really nice touch for the mechs in the future its not completely horrible but is not ready yet.

but here is my gripe a staff member responds in less than 2 days with only 6 posts we have hundreds of posts on this mode voting crap and we get (crickets chirp chirp) no one from the pgi staff is even aloud to talk about this how stupid is that.

Edited by Thegreywolf, 03 December 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#6 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

if you want variety you pick the games you want to play if you already know what games you dislike guess what, you uncheck the game and you dont play them why must it be a debate. for the most part we dont mind the map voting just hide ratio's but give back the choice to play what mode we like to play. All 3 modes have there strengths however i hate 1 of them and dislike the other not as much, i dont care if i have to wait an extra few minutes to play its my choice to screen the modes that i like and i understand that when i uncheck that little box that says i dont want to play this mode im going to wait a little longer. im still waiting just as long but now i have to play a crappy game 4 or 5 times in a row before i get to the one i like.
lets clue you in on the real issue guys the player base is so small they need to consolidate all these modes or no one will play that's just the way i see it and if thats the case they need to say something and ask the player base for help and explain thier position and the thread would end right there.

#7 TitaniumWolf

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Holy crap pop mom said you had a bad day she wasnt lying. i must admit i agree with almost all of your points you make but these guys dont care, they are not that good at programming, they dont deal with the people we deal with and they dont have the resources we have, let it go its just a game find another one.

#8 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:41 AM

I'm voting with my steam account. I will be including what I liked and what I did not as well which far out numbers what I liked. The dev team here is a bunch of babies that feel the need to ignore the opinions of anyone who doesn't like what they've made. They have no idea what makes battle tech fun for those that enjoy it and would rather make a robot FPS because it's popular and easy. Don't waste time worrying over a game that failed to deliver and continues to do so.

#9 Fle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationDieron, Fort Winston

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

count me in
This voting crap drives me mad, it was awful when they implemented it first time and community clearly expressed rejection, now it slightly better but still annoying, forcing me to play game modes i don`t, like devs ruining game experience for me and I in my turn projecting negative for random people caught in a session. I believe it`s only matter of time when this snowball grows big enough to became obvious.

#10 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

its clear PGI wants us to go, there must be some one in a suit that rules over the Devs, Im sure those who really love MWO are looking for other work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users