• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

View Postpwnface, on 08 December 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

For reference, the BJs have 112 CT combined armor and internals. All of the TDRs except for the Top Dog have 126 CT combined armor and internals. Being able to move 30-40kph faster and having a smaller profile more than makes up for the 14hp difference in terms of survivability in my opinion. Blackjacks are incredibly robust for how small and fast they are.

Is it really that much? That is flipping crazy.

Maybe I have been playing ARK too much. Sheesh.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 08 December 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#22 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 08 December 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

I found it difficult to load a BJ within my normal 250 drop deck. I can't drop without a Thud (or 2) my Stalker, and a light. I just did not like walking away with a couple of tons left on the table. I like to run STK-4n, TDR-5S-t, TDR-9SEC, FS9-S. What combinations are there?

Why not run a STK-4N, TDR of your choice, BJ-1X, and FS9-S. Thats 230 tons and sounds like a pretty solid drop deck to me.

View PostCrockdaddy, on 08 December 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Is it really that much? That is flipping crazy.

Yes, that's why it was OP when it had all the offensive quirks as well. I would have preferred to keep the offensive ability and lose some of the structure but the BJ is still a great mech as it currently stands.

For some more perspective, a STK-4N has 54 internal CT and the BJ has 56 internal CT. Blackjacks have more internal structure than 85 ton assault mechs.

Edited by pwnface, 08 December 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#23 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

View Postpwnface, on 08 December 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Why not run a STK-4N, TDR of your choice, BJ-1X, and FS9-S. Thats 230 tons and sounds like a pretty solid drop deck to me.

Yes, that's why it was OP when it had all the offensive quirks as well. I would have preferred to keep the offensive ability and lose some of the structure but the BJ is still a great mech as it currently stands.

I've been using them pretty much every day and its like WEEEEEEEE (I am in tier 3 enjoying the Thug life!)

#24 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

part of it is i need to level some heavier mechs which is why i switched for more room in my deck plus the adaptability of having three blackjacks so i have pieces to mix and match depending on the situation. no i know it isnt the most meta deck but it has worked well so far for me :) i intend to go back to a 2 blackjack deck (and maybe 1) once i get more mechs leveled. either way, blackjacks are amazing GET THEM NAO

#25 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

I've still not put a BJ in my drop deck, but I've had a great time with it in group public matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users