Tukayyid Queues

7 replies to this topic

#1 Opus Krokus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

Why are there queues like there are in the Tukayyid event? If there are ten in the attacker queue and 34 in the defender queue, then there should be 0 in the attacker queue and 24 in the defender queue. These matches already last a while, and you have built in another 15-30 minute wait on top of that. I just do not understand why there are a limited number of wedges for this event. Surely you have had more simultaneous CW matches outside of the event, so to me it does not sound like a hardware issue, but a design choice. IMHO, the wait is part of what kills CW in the first place. That along with nothing but territorial control to work toward.

I love MWO, and hope to see it continuing for years. So please don't take this the wrong way. Just trying to help by stating the problems I see.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

There's technically too few slices when both queues are in waiting. That's kinda expected for most of the gaming is occurring on a weekend.

If this was done during the week, this issue wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Deathlike, 06 December 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

From about 5PM CST thru 3AM CST I haven't had any real wait times. Whether solo or in a group (regardless of size) We rarely had to wait over 1-2 minutes and several times dropped under a minute.

#4 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

Tukayyid should have 127 slots. If the server cant handle that then MWO is dead when the steam crowd hits anyway.

#5 Opus Krokus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

Right. I am just saying that since this is the only planet to fight on, there shouldn't be a limited number of slices.

#6 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostAntares102, on 06 December 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Tukayyid should have 127 slots. If the server cant handle that then MWO is dead when the steam crowd hits anyway.

View PostOpus Krokus, on 06 December 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Right. I am just saying that since this is the only planet to fight on, there shouldn't be a limited number of slices.

They have a limit on how many they can present in the interface. They are working on it, but really, how often are there 1500+ people playing CW? Twice so far... Next Event will probably have a larger cap.
https://twitter.com/...920585031262208

Edited by EgoSlayer, 06 December 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#7 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

If there was a larger match cap, IS could ghost drop to victory only having to win the occasional defense.

#8 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

View Postsycocys, on 06 December 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

If there was a larger match cap, IS could ghost drop to victory only having to win the occasional defense.

This is a valid point.

i would offer, simply make ghost drops not count towards the pie slice. At least the players got to do something. I am actually hoping the 4 vs 4 scout stuff fits into this issue somehow and alleviates some of the waiting. Even during non event times. Especially during non event times haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users