35 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:38 AM

Even without the event rewards.

Look at pre-event wait times for CW. Now look at current wait times.

Lower CW wait times all the time would be awesome.

Pre-event CW wait times during oceanic prime time btw :

Posted Image

#2 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

I kind of agree.

#3 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

In other words....

give us a rewarding reason to play CW than to have some arbitrary unit name being lumped onto one of the several hundred planets you'd forget the location of as soon as you look away from the map?

#4 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostMacster16, on 06 December 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

In other words....

give us a rewarding reason to play CW than to have some arbitrary unit name being lumped onto one of the several hundred planets you'd forget the location of as soon as you look away from the map?

Thats too hard to do so i was thinking more along the lines of "force everyone onto one small planet".

#5 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 06 December 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Thats too hard to do so i was thinking more along the lines of "force everyone onto one small planet".

Reducing the number of queues has been mentioned by people before and i like the idea as an Oceanic player.
PGI have ignored such please until now though.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 06 December 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

That's basically the same thing as what we have now. Picture the Inner Sphere as one big planet, and each planets as a combat zone of the said planet, and once all the zones are all conquered the planet is conquered--do you get what I am saying?

More importantly, without constantly appropriate amount of rewards, most players would not play CW to get 12 man seal-clubbed. Just not worth the time and patience. The rewards are what brought out all these puggers out of Solo-Q.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 December 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#7 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

I agree with just having 1 lobby. Why do we even need 20 lobbies when there is only enough people to populate 5 at a time?

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:59 AM

I don't have an issue minimizing the # of options for both Clan and IS (due to population distribution).

The problem is primarily rewards (or bribes) and CW burnout is real, due to stagnation of the mode itself (pretty much everything from maps, gamemode, bugs, C-bills coffers only useful for contract breaking, etc.)

There's a reason why people are waiting for CW Phase 3 and pretend that Phase 2 was a non-event.

Edited by Deathlike, 06 December 2015 - 01:59 AM.

#9 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:29 AM

If Tukayyid had 127 slots instead of 63 nobody would EVER have to wait with the current size of the community and get instant action probably even quicker then in solo/group queue.
Another thing is if the queue is too long on one side you know about it and can decide what to do.
In solo/group queue you have no idea how long you have to wait to get a game.

#10 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

Been proposed before...doubt anything will happen about it any time soon.

#11 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

Can the servers even handle 127 slots

#12 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 06 December 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Can the servers even handle 127 slots

Well if its not pissible then MWO is f***** when the Steam crowd hits but my guess is they can very well handle it.
Just hink about how many factions and borders there are and you always have like 3 attack planets and 10 defend planets.
Multiply that by the normal 13 slots and you get way beyond 127 concurrently active slots.

Edited by Antares102, 06 December 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#13 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:11 AM

They can develop a system where planets unlock for battle the higher the CW population is. By default CW is Clan vs IS exclusively and only if factions that can hit each other are high in population will IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan planet battles open up depending on what the system deems is enough to keep the action going while giving some variety.

ALTERNATIVELY

They can make every other day a single planet encounter (and weekends too) while sprinkling in open borders on random days (which will be empty so just go back to the system I initially proposed).

#14 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

View PostElizander, on 06 December 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

They can develop a system where planets unlock for battle the higher the CW population is. By default CW is Clan vs IS exclusively and only if factions that can hit each other are high in population will IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan planet battles open up depending on what the system deems is enough to keep the action going while giving some variety.

ALTERNATIVELY

They can make every other day a single planet encounter (and weekends too) while sprinkling in open borders on random days (which will be empty so just go back to the system I initially proposed).

I've theoriezed that in the past but do you really think they could program that? Think about that for a second...even if they could, would they? Judging by their balancing efforts over the years, they probably don't see an issue with the current multiple attack lanes.

#15 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:03 AM

Indeed. I proposed a similar mechanic for PUG CW a long time ago.
This event was fun when PUGs were matched against other PUGs.

#16 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

CW sucks anyway. I can only stand a couple days of it a month and then it is back to public que matches with my group on TS.

#17 SP3CTREnyc

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

13 defend queues verses 0 attack queues.

I have to agree.

#18 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

PGI should properly advertise that MC's and mechbays are part of faction rewards, I guess a lot people do not know this.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 December 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

Would be interesting if people fought brutally over one planet in particular daily, could even have a progression line where the more clans win the closer they push to Terra, and the more IS wins the further they push them back. Whoever has the highest percentage per day wins the planet.

#20 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

Basically have one queue. Or possibly 3. One for Clan versus IS. One for Clan versus Clan and one for IS versus IS. They haven't really done anything to make the planets seem worth winning over. Your unit gets it's name on it. Even if they add the ability to upgrade defenses. It's still a boring concept. It's not even really your planet. Might as well just turn it into a queue instead of dividing up players by 9 or so factions. We basically have queues for all of them, with a map overlay, that does almost nothing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users