#1 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

Why even bother?

The game has VOIP and there's no excuse for 11 silent people in a match.

Discuss.

#2 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostValar13, on 04 December 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Why even bother?

Because the game is much more fun with VOIP off.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Valar stop pugging , join your house's ts server. It's the only way you will be happy with the games.

#4 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 04 December 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Valar stop pugging , join your house's ts server. It's the only way you will be happy with the games.

Was warming up. Trust me, not going to be dropping in the LFG pickups for too long. Still, when the clans win this, it'll be the pugs to blame for handing them easy victories by not using the readily available tools within the game to aid in team play.

View PostKinLuu, on 04 December 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Because the game is much more fun with VOIP off.

I don't believe that.

Getting stomped in silence back-to-back-to-back is less fun than just about anything that isn't tetanus.

#5 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Why even bother?

Discuss.

When PGI creates Events to bribe people to play CW, it attracts hordes of people who normally wouldn't touch CW with a 10 foot pole but are nevertheless there now because they've been bribed. Bribes never work on me but they seem to work on a lot of folks.

Edited by Triordinant, 04 December 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#6 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

Well said ^

#7 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 04 December 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

When PGI creates Events to bribe people to play CW, it attracts hordes of people who normally wouldn't touch CW with a 10 foot pole but are nevertheless there now because they've been bribed. Bribes never work on me but they seem to work on a lot of folks.

I'll be the first to admit I'm only playing CW for the freebie stuff. I have no interest in CW the way that PGI has it. Even though I am in a group, I don't often play with them and I really play the crap out of Quick Play.

This event has free stuff I want, I'm a greedy mo-fo, full stop and I have no qualms about admitting it.

I don't care if the clans win tuk, it matters not to me, but I will grease the rails with free crap and I will play the game as well as I can, but I won't be joining 12 mans to do it.

You are going to have a lot of folks like me, sorry if you were going to take the event super cereal like it was actual lore or something.

#8 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

I like burritos with bacon

#9 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

Even if only one or two people are actually talking, if they call maneuvers and target designations and the rest of the team is listening then it's entirely possible to succeed, even against partial pre-mades.

#10 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Why even bother?

Discuss.

I have a USB headset and it requires that I futz with it constantly to get the mic to work. So, I listen and type a lot because I can't be arsed to continuously mess with my setup to get the mic to work.

Headset works in every other VOIP and game. Just has trouble in MWO. Obviously a user problem.

Sorry - I'm a bit peeved today. Didn't mean to take it out on the rest of the posters. Blanket statements are just as useful (lack of VOIP participation means I want to lose and don't ever team up) as blanket statements usually are.

View PostValar13, on 04 December 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Was warming up. Trust me, not going to be dropping in the LFG pickups for too long. Still, when the clans win this, it'll be the pugs to blame for handing them easy victories by not using the readily available tools within the game to aid in team play.

I don't believe that.

Getting stomped in silence back-to-back-to-back is less fun than just about anything that isn't tetanus.

Which pugs? Clan pugs that win, or IS pugs that lose? Many of whom ARE THE SAME PEOPLE! Myself, for example.

#11 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

When pugging it for me, it's that PGI in all it's glorious omniscience has seen to it that exactly NONE of my keys bind the in-game push to talk, just to keep you all from hearing me curse up a storm whenever I die. Which is always. So there's that.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 04 December 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

thats the worst and most stupid excuse.

Those who do not like CW as it is would then, logically try to get their scores as fast as possible. therefore playing efficient, aka using comms and well designed mechs, is the best way to achieve this in as less matches as possible.

But what you describe is:
They refuse to play CW how it is meant to be played to have worse matches and therefore need to play more of these matches they don't like to get their scores together. Now that is broken logic right there.

View PostZibmo, on 05 December 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Which pugs? Clan pugs that win, or IS pugs that lose? Many of whom ARE THE SAME PEOPLE! Myself, for example.

No they are not some are the same people, but those who do are propably not the puggers being the issue.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 December 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#13 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:00 AM

Agreed with the OP. There's nothing worse that sitting in silence and watching an opposing team who is clearly communicating. I used to keep my piece, but with the tournament this week EVERYONE needs to find a DC (Drop Commander) at the start of their matches. Just hash it out a bit during the first 60 seconds after the drop. Even a novice DC can lead a company better than no one at the helm! Don't be afraid to step up folks. :-)

#14 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 December 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

Those who do not like CW as it is would then, logically try to get their scores as fast as possible. therefore playing efficient, aka using comms and well designed mechs, is the best way to achieve this in as less matches as possible.

Are you actually assuming these players are logical and efficient? If they were they'd never play CW. They're just doing what they do in the public queues but the difference is they get a chance to possibly end up on a team that will carry them enough to score some points. As soon as they lose all their 'mechs they drop in another CW match and hope their team in the match they just left wins. It's more like a lottery for them and they figure their best bet is to get as many free tickets (matches) as possible.

#15 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Why even bother?

Discuss.

I wanted a PvE game, with maybe a co-op mode where any VOIP was not going to be a profanity filled rage fest.

But it's irrelevant till either skirmish is fixed or they remove mode voting.

#16 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 06 December 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I wanted a PvE game, with maybe a co-op mode where any VOIP was not going to be a profanity filled rage fest.

But it's irrelevant till either skirmish is fixed or they remove mode voting.

That was never what you were promised, though. You knew what you were getting whenever you got on board because PGI never sold it as anything but what it is.

View PostBarantor, on 04 December 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'll be the first to admit I'm only playing CW for the freebie stuff. I have no interest in CW the way that PGI has it. Even though I am in a group, I don't often play with them and I really play the crap out of Quick Play.

This event has free stuff I want, I'm a greedy mo-fo, full stop and I have no qualms about admitting it.

I don't care if the clans win tuk, it matters not to me, but I will grease the rails with free crap and I will play the game as well as I can, but I won't be joining 12 mans to do it.

You are going to have a lot of folks like me, sorry if you were going to take the event super cereal like it was actual lore or something.

Nah, it's more that we put in a lot of work into getting wins and it's demoralizing that the "Don't Cares" like you are invalidating every win we get.

#17 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

If it gets you out of the way quicker, find a group on Marik TS, get your match score, and then stop playing the event so that those of us who would generally prefer a win can have an honest chance.

#18 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 06 December 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Are you actually assuming these players are logical and efficient? If they were they'd never play CW. They're just doing what they do in the public queues but the difference is they get a chance to possibly end up on a team that will carry them enough to score some points. As soon as they lose all their 'mechs they drop in another CW match and hope their team in the match they just left wins. It's more like a lottery for them and they figure their best bet is to get as many free tickets (matches) as possible.

I imply this into every idividual of the species Ho-mo sapiens per default, unless the individual proofs to not being able to.

seriously, Ho-mo without - gets censored, WOW.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 December 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#19 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

Why even bother?

Discuss.

Funny thing: When dropping solo, even players with unit tags (and hopefully a bit of experience) seem like their push-to-talk-assigned button is infested with the plague. Very rarely have I seen someone from that group take the lead in CW. When someone did, however, it was always a very good lead, calls and match outcome for our team.

View PostLily from animove, on 06 December 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

Which basically would be sniping for a bit of damage (say ~1k] in their first mech, then move to the back and hope they don't get killed later (i.e. the rest of their team gets an easy victory). With scoring à la PGI, you get massive bonusses for not losing a mech. Works best on real attack mode or on defense.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 07 December 2015 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users