Sunday Dec.13Th Lrms Vs. Meta

150 replies to this topic

#41 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostJman5, on 09 December 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

[/list]Can someone point me to the meta mechs that bring AMS to competition? I don't recall seeing any in the MLMW finals.

That's just there as a restriction to shut up the AMS people. We aren't bringing any to the fight most likely.

#42 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 09 December 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

That's just there as a restriction to shut up the AMS people. We aren't bringing any to the fight most likely.

So why don't you ban it entirely if you're most likely not going to bring it?

Also, when will teams be selected? Will it be 15 minutes before the match. I only worry because by the looks of it, it's going to be a bunch of great players who have been playing meta-mechs for a year vs a bunch great players who have been playing meta mechs for a year and are now throwing some random lrm build together in a mech they might not have touched in a year. Ideally it would nice if both teams had some time to practice together and plan.

Just trying to help make this a good series of matches for everyone.

#43 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

I am available to stream and/or shoutcast this if you would like.

#44 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostJman5, on 09 December 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

So why don't you ban it entirely if you're most likely not going to bring it?

Also, when will teams be selected? Will it be 15 minutes before the match. I only worry because by the looks of it, it's going to be a bunch of great players who have been playing meta-mechs for a year vs a bunch great players who have been playing meta mechs for a year and are now throwing some random lrm build together in a mech they might not have touched in a year. Ideally it would nice if both teams had some time to practice together and plan.

Just trying to help make this a good series of matches for everyone.

I would like Envisage to pick his team today or tomorrow so that if he needs to make changes he has ample time to do so. Still waiting on his PM back on this. As for practices I would like people to show up at a minimum of 1 hour beforehand to get some games in together. Of course, teams can practice before then but it comes down to whether or not they have other commitments at the time. Remember that most of these players have actual practice sessions with their actual teams.

View PostBanditB17, on 09 December 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yes please that would be excellent. If you could please talk to CainenEX and see who is more experienced with streaming with split screens then we could decide on a main streamer. Posted Image

Edited by TheSilken, 09 December 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#45 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostEnvisage, on 07 December 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

This Is an extract from me "shooting my mouth off".
blah blah blah

Too long; didn't read aka wall of text

Oh this is going to fun Envisage..

https://youtu.be/es0JByDppcQ?t=489

Edited by MavRCK, 09 December 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#46 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostBanditB17, on 09 December 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

We got some good coverage for this event. Yes please contact me so we can set up a multistream. The more view points the better.

#47 VVonka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Event full up?

In if you need me

#48 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostVVonka, on 09 December 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Event full up?

In if you need me

Always good to have extras...

#49 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

Anyone who is going to be playing on Sunday and wishes to stream it please PM me or post in this thread your intent and the twitch link so that I can compile them on the front page. With any luck the 2 main streamers (BanditB17 and CainenEX) will be able to add your stream to a multistream that they will be doing. The idea being that people watching can get commentary from these 2 and be able to see the matches from a variety of different perspectives whether from the spectator position or that of a certain player.

#50 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Bandit is an exceptionally pro streamer by now. He can even do replays or even show somebody else's stream on his stream as part of a replay 'n shjt.

#51 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

I would have signed up, but no guarantees can make it after a big Christmas House party at 8am AEST. :P

#52 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

View PostTarogato, on 09 December 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Bandit is an exceptionally pro streamer by now. He can even do replays or even show somebody else's stream on his stream as part of a replay 'n shjt.

WOW that is awesome. I hope to learn from the master then :)

#53 Abigail Acerose

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

I'll play too! Especially if xCico needs a buddy! =3

#54 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

View PostCainenEX, on 09 December 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

WOW that is awesome. I hope to learn from the master then Posted Image

Btw Cainen Envisage is up for the pregame interviews. Just thought that I would let you know Posted Image

View PostAbigail Acerose, on 09 December 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

I'll play too! Especially if xCico needs a buddy! =3

I think that we have more than enough players for this event due to the large amount of sign ups, the friends that certain sign ups are bringing that are not listed, and the secondary sign ups. However, if for some reason there is a slot I will put you in if you are available.

Another option is that after the event is over I will probably keep the lobby open to do some more stupid sh*t since I love private lobbies so much. If that happens then some slots should open up since Church of Skill starts at 7:00pm and people probably have other commitments. Empty slots at this point are open to anyone who wants one regardless of skill. One activity we could do is my patented Free For All for MWO where players are required to turn off their HUDs and try and get as much total damage (damage + team damage this is FFA after all) as possible to win. There are additional rules but I won't go into that unless people are actually interested in this lol.

Edited by TheSilken, 10 December 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#55 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:03 AM

Strange, it was from 2000-2002 that I was 3rd in MegaMek, and it died off mostly in 2003. Just saying.

#56 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

Dogmeat, go ahead and name any of the top 10 guys from Megamek circa 2000-2002. I wonder if you might even know me? :-)

P.S. I'm not akhorahil... He was distinctly 1st place.

#57 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

Actually let me clarify, when I first started megamek in 2000, I had never played btech in my life.

It wasn't til about 2001 that everything came together and I established a continual top 10 position. Shortly after I held the top 3 position and arguably the top merc position, depending on what metrics you want to use...

I quit after about 8 months or so, due to the decisions of the developers, of which I was an honorary member. I didn't like the mandatory inclusion of all combined units, as it took the game from 45-90 minutes long (yes, I did usually win rather quickly, so 45 is legit) to a 3-4 hour game. For what I considered no gain in enjoyment.

Also, maybe you can help me track down Drakon?

#58 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

Interesting, will be fun to see.

I think the map should definitely be one of the LRM friendly ones, since the challenge is to prove competitive viability and as long as that is true on one map I think the point would be made. I'd give Envisages team the map choice.

It's most interesting if Envisages team has at the very least as much combined skill as the other team, and preferable top players who themselves have hopes of proving LRMs can be comp so that they actively help with the strategy.

After running missiles and NARC strats since the patch I'm actually not sure they're bad anymore, we seemed to wreck with them in group queue. But I'm not experienced with real MWO comp play.

#59 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

Team, map, and TS info is all up. Note that they may change slightly before Sunday. Still working on twitch info. Posted Image

If a player has any issue with their team (for whatever reason) please let me know so I can see about making changes to better suit you.

Edited by TheSilken, 10 December 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#60 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

But the WHOLE premise is flawed. You know the LRMS are out there. Play style, and strategies WILL be adjusted out of the norm. In the old days you never went out without your ams, and learned to be under the bubble, and hug cover. The BEST LRM heavy teams just dont have it against the BEST of everything else. Get under 90 and killem. Why waste the time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users