25 replies to this topic

#1 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

At present I have 16 'Mechs in 26 bays, of which I still wish to be rid of three (Centurion L, Cicada L, and Atlas L, all from anniversary loyalty rewards), and I wish you, PGI, would please allow us to sell those 'Mechs, or to gift them to others? I will never drive the three aforementioned 'Mechs in-game, it will never happen, and they are cluttering up my dash board, so I would just as soon be rid of them, please? And their 'Mech bays? Can you please make those part of Inventory, so we can get rid of them, if we would like?

Thank you.

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

Dude, really? Posted Image

#3 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

What's your problem?

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

I could never understand people that want to get rid of free stuff. Especially mechbays. Do you plan on never buying more mechs? I can never have enough of them, myself.

#5 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

I just don't have Pokemon syndrome, that's all. And, I think it's ridiculous that, if I'm not going to be obsessively-compulsively collecting every 'Mech out there, that I should be required to keep them in my inventory. I've been playing BattleTech a LONG time, over three decades, and I know what I do and don't like. I've also been playing this game since I was let into open beta in July 2012, and I see no reason to keep the clutter in my 'Mech bays for anything I'm NEVER going to drive in the game. Oh, and not one thing we've been "given" has been free for this game; we've paid for it, in one fashion or another -whether through nerfs to what was actually working, or the multitude of changes PGI have ignored good solid plans to execute- and they're more like an apology which costs PGI nothing.

As for purchasing more 'Mechs, I'm considering trying out some others, but they would be 'Mechs I would actually want.

Hell, it would be nice if PGI would just give us tokens for the "free" 'Mechs annually, rather than cluttering up the bays. If you don't want a 'Mech, you simply never redeem the token.

EDIT: Also, if you have a bay available, why not use that rather than planting a new one?

Edited by Kay Wolf, 09 December 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

E-mail Support. They will remove the 'Mechs and bays.

The Loyalty 'Mechs are supposed to be permanent additions to your account, so don't expect a way to easily get rid of them yourself any time soon. And don't ever expect a way to sell them -- they were free, so you will never get anything for them.

And yes they were free additions, whether you consider them that or not.

#7 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

I asked a simple question, suspect, and I don't deserve that sort of ridicule. Please, keep your brand of responses elsewhere?

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Having re-read, just now, the few posts in this thread, I have to say I'm pretty appalled that a simple question would garner such a negative, entitled, single-minded response from every last one of you. The question was simple: I'm NEVER going to drive these 'Mechs, and I don't see a reason to collect any 'Mechs other than the ones I want, can I get rid of them, please?

Why is it so hard to understand? Why do you have to give me guff and vitriol -especially you, Durant, when we've been forum friends almost from the beginning- over this simple question? You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

lol

Whatever dude. I answered your question (E-mail Support and they will remove them for you eventually), and gave an explanation. They are supposed to be permanent and as such there will never be an easy way to remove them yourself. We also will never be able to sell them for in-game money.

The only thing in my post aimed specifically at you was the last line, and it's the truth -- they are free additions, whether you personally consider them an apology or whatever. They didn't have to give us those free pixels.

You can read any emotion you want into my posts, I guess...*shrug*

#10 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hmm, it would be nice to be able to at least "mothball" mechs that you don't see yourself using for a long time to a storage area where they don't show up to clutter the regular mech selection.

#11 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:28 AM

Y'know what... that's even better. I like that idea.

#12 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 09 December 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

I asked a simple question, suspect, and I don't deserve that sort of ridicule. Please, keep your brand of responses elsewhere?

Sorry but it's a simple solution to a simple question....

Then if the question isn't really smart the answer haven't to be smart right ?
And about forum friendship, i didnt felt it on our last discussion about system voting when you obviously didnt read my argues and keep trolling my point ... whatever maybe i was wrong or maybe you just wasn't really aware about this.
No shame and no grudge... juste internet. o/

#13 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 10 December 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Sorry but it's a simple solution to a simple question....
If all you were going to be was a ******* about it, you couldn't just let it go?

Yes, better to let people think you're an idiot, rather than opening YOUR mouth and removing all doubt. My question is legitimate, and it's not a dumb question. Your answer, on the other hand...

And about forum friendship, i didnt felt it on our last discussion about system voting when you obviously didnt read my argues and keep trolling my point ... whatever maybe i was wrong or maybe you just wasn't really aware about this.
Ummm, I wasn't addressing you about friendship, suspect, I don't know you. I was talking to Durant.

No shame and no grudge... juste internet. o/
Only for those who choose to act that way, someone who's part of the status quo, rather than being an individual.

As for trolling anyone's points they were trying to make, I have NEVER trolled anyone in my life; I have always sought honest discourse, and my opinion and the facts I know are NOT trolling, except to those who expect to be trolled, because they're a troll, too, and then when someone talks to them honestly, they don't know the difference.

I got a better answer than even Durant gave, though, and I will advocate for that, here, now... let me hide the things I'm not going to drive, but which have been forced on me. It IS force, because I don't want that crap. I don't, now, nor will I ever, drive a Centurion, Cicada, or Atlas, and I want them gone, or hidden, so my dashboard isn't cluttered up.

#14 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 10 December 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

If all you were going to be was a ******* about it, you couldn't just let it go?

Your question was really dumb that all bro...
Now you can still cry or accept it whatever i will laught or be indifferent.

#15 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 10 December 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

View PostIdealsuspect, on 11 December 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Your question was really dumb that all bro...
Now you can still cry or accept it whatever i will laught or be indifferent.

If I may ask a question of my own, why was it a stupid (i.e. not so smart) question?

For example, in WoWs, I got a free ship. The ship was crap, I sold it for some in-game currency (C-bills) and kept the port-slot (mech-bay).
Easy-peasy.

It is nothing unheard of, people.
If I get a present and I don´t like it, I´m free to give it away, sell it off or hell, throw it in the garbage-bin.

But noooooo! He doesn´t like the gift PGI gave him, burn the heretic!

Sometimes I really don´t get the attitude of people on this forum.

#16 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

Thank you, Antecursor; I appreciate someone else who understands what it is I'm trying to do.

#17 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostAntecursor Venatus, on 11 December 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

If I may ask a question of my own, why was it a stupid (i.e. not so smart) question?

For example, in WoWs, I got a free ship. The ship was crap, I sold it for some in-game currency (C-bills) and kept the port-slot (mech-bay).
Easy-peasy.

It is nothing unheard of, people.
If I get a present and I don´t like it, I´m free to give it away, sell it off or hell, throw it in the garbage-bin.

But noooooo! He doesn´t like the gift PGI gave him, burn the heretic!

Sometimes I really don´t get the attitude of people on this forum.

Every year people ask same question and there is only one answer >>>> go ask support guys directly for your own case and they will solve this case per case Posted Image...
Kay wolf isn't a new forum guy he know how it work >>> 3400 posts

Edited by Idealsuspect, 12 December 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#18 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Well, this _is_ the "Feature Suggestions" sub-forum, so I took his OP as a suggestion to allow people to sell those "gifts"
(I put gifts in quotes, because, let´s be honest here, they are not _really_ gifts. I only got my Wolverine and Cicada (L) because I spend real money.)
and seriously, I can´t see any harm in allowing this.

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 12 December 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

Every year people ask same question and there is only one answer >>>> go ask support guys directly for your own case and they will solve this case per case Posted Image...
Kay wolf isn't a new forum guy he know how it work >>> 3400 posts
Actually, suspect, I did a search and found NOTHING about it. I didn't use various search criteria, but I did try a couple of different words, and found nothing. So, I posted my own.

I'm beginning to think the brain power was lost to the Tier ranking.

#20 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:39 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 12 December 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Actually, suspect, I did a search and found NOTHING about it. I didn't use various search criteria, but I did try a couple of different words, and found nothing. So, I posted my own.

I'm beginning to think the brain power was lost to the Tier ranking.

Beginning to think is never a bad thing Posted Image

>>>> http://mwomercs.com/...l+loyalty+mechs

Edited by Idealsuspect, 13 December 2015 - 04:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users