254 replies to this topic

#21 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 December 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

The difference here is that the Clan mech can still survive its ST loss, but the IS mech is absolutely guaranteed to die no matter what. Just not straight away.

Would you swap your 20% heat/speed loss for a guaranteed death? I doubt it.

Considering that the the 20% pretty much guarantees a lack of twist to protect the other side, and more often than not results in immediate death anyway? I might, depending on how many guaranteed seconds of glory you were giving away.

#22 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 08 December 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

HEY NOOBCAKE WE HAVE ONLY XL ENGINES!

If you don't like how the lore has it then go play hawken or any other mech game out there.

Clans are allready nerfed to hell, have strict build rules, no choice in Engine rating, and are hot as ******* hell. If you still can't win against us go back to playing tetris.

END OF DISCUSSION!

F-ing know it alls' all over the F-ing forums. Give me unrestricted Clan Mechs like in the Lore and make me play with 2 Players less per match so i can show you your rectums inside like i want to.

Jesus....

Man, why do these noobs know nothing about Lore?

#23 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 08 December 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Thats a trick question. There is no standart Clan Engines. so i can't also there is a reason why i play my mechs stock for the most part. Its called "Canon" and i am a purist. So No i would not because its against the Lore.

A purist and lore buff who doesn't know that Clan standard engines exist?

For God's sake man, we're one week from getting 2 Clan mechs that come stock with standard engines.

And did you really just try to impress me with your 170 mech garage? I've got over 200. Step to me, son

#24 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostTheKillerWolf, on 08 December 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

You need to go re read omni mechs before calling up lore. Internals are locked for a reason

i'm not talking about that. I do acknowledge the omnimech aspect. I'm mainly talking about the nerfs. the rest was just to complete the picture.

View PostMcgral18, on 08 December 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Wrong, there is a Clan standard engine; it's a standard engine, much like a Single Heat Sink is a SHS.

Some Clam Battlemechs come stock with STDs.

KingFisher and Stooping Hawk are Omnis that are stuck with STDs.

Do we have them at our disposal ?
Ontop of that the standart engines you talk about are just that STD's nothing Clan about it just pure old tech that someone thought fitting for the purpose of the mech. You will acknowledge that there is very few mechs using them. And i repeat we don't have a Choice. The refitts that come out shortly are No omnimechs so the argument falls flat.

Edited by Jack Corban, 08 December 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#25 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

For the sake of future-proofing the IS light fusion engine, balance should be done such that the choice between standard, XL and LFE are equally appealing, and that the LFE should operate similarly to the Clan XL.

For Clan XL engines, I'd be willing to go to 50% engine penalties with the destruction of a side torso, so long as the penalty was just as great for the LFE. The penalty needs to be significant, otherwise there's no reason to choose an IS XL over an IS LFE.

At that point, I think it would be fair for Clan XL engines to be unlocked.

#26 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostTheKillerWolf, on 08 December 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

You need to go re read omni mechs before calling up lore. Internals are locked for a reason

And hey! One of the primary advantages of the OMNI, was its Strategic value for ease of getting a mech back in to combat after combat losses.

You know what Mechwarrior Online doesn't have? Any sort of Strategical element to make that worthwhile.
By Lore, the refitting of your mechs that you are all doing instantly should be taking WEEKs of time. That was deemed UNFUN. Which invalidates one of the OMNIs biggest advantages. Plug and Play mechanics.

#27 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostLugh, on 08 December 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Considering that the the 20% pretty much guarantees a lack of twist to protect the other side, and more often than not results in immediate death anyway? I might, depending on how many guaranteed seconds of glory you were giving away.

Let's say you lose 5% of your max internals per second, so you eat dirt after 20 seconds. Less if you take damage from enemy fire. And screw it, have the engine start degrading and losing power and performance from 100% to zero after 5 seconds.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 08 December 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#28 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 December 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Let's say you lose 5% of your max internals per second, so you eat dirt after 20 seconds. Less if you take damage from enemy fire. And screw it, have the engine start degrading losing power and performance from 100% to zero after 5 seconds.

No

#29 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

I actually really like the idea. keeps things 'different but balanced' which, IMO, is the philosophy PGI should be pursuing when it comes to IS vs Clans.

+1 OP

#30 CaptainScumBa11s

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostLugh, on 08 December 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

And hey! One of the primary advantages of the OMNI, was its Strategic value for ease of getting a mech back in to combat after combat losses.

You know what Mechwarrior Online doesn't have? Any sort of Strategical element to make that worthwhile.
By Lore, the refitting of your mechs that you are all doing instantly should be taking WEEKs of time. That was deemed UNFUN. Which invalidates one of the OMNIs biggest advantages. Plug and Play mechanics.

Nope we don't have that and in return you can swap hard points and pick the best of each chassis its a trade off most people seem to forget that. If you want internals unlocked the you need too lock hard points at that point we just boil it at all down too the same tech and clan is are no longer diff or fun

Edited by TheKillerWolf, 08 December 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#31 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

If you don't like how the lore has it then go play hawken or any other mech game out there.

Clans are allready nerfed to hell, have strict build rules, no choice in Engine rating, and are hot as ******* hell. If you still can't win against us go back to playing tetris.

END OF DISCUSSION!

F-ing know it alls' all over the F-ing forums. Give me unrestricted Clan Mechs like in the Lore and make me play with 2 Players less per match so i can show you your rectums inside like i want to.

Jesus....

Lore indicates that engine crits matter even if it's a clan XL engine, so you don't really have a point anyways.

#32 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

I'd be open to a limited unlocking of internals and engines for Clan underperformers as well. I'd love a reason to pilot my Summoners.

#33 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 December 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

The problem with normalizing IS and Clan XL is that IS XL would then essentially be a no brainer for the vast majority of IS builds, unless you make the penalties far worse for IS. Like 50% speed and heat penalties, or worse.

I guess that could also work, but I like the idea of doomed XL mechs flying into a berzerker rage in their last moments. Quirks would be reduced as necessary, of course.

So Clans are allowed to have an engine that gives the pros of both STD and XL and the cons of none but IS is not?

#34 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 08 December 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

So Clans are allowed to have an engine that gives the pros of both STD and XL and the cons of none but IS is not?

Not until the LFE in a couple years(3062). Petition PGI to FF the timeline, it gets them the ability to MIXTECH and LFE for IS mechs, though they have said they won't allow MIXTECH, which is put to the lie with the release of the IICs isn't it now!??!

Edited by Lugh, 08 December 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#35 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostLugh, on 08 December 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Not until the LFE in a couple years. Petition PGI to FF the timeline, it gets them the ability to MIXTECH and LFE for IS mechs, though they have said they won't allow MIXTECH, which is put to the lie with the release of the IICs isn't it now!??!

You do realize that LFE is still worse than CXL, right?

#36 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 08 December 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Not unless you're fine with completely invalidating standard engines.

#37 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostTheKillerWolf, on 08 December 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Nope we don't have that and in return you can swap hard points and pick the best of each chassis its a trade off most people seem to forget that. If you want internals unlocked the you need too lock hard points at that point we just boil it at all down too the same tech and clan is are no longer diff or fun

hardpoints on an omnimech defeat the whole purpose of an omnimechs. switching mech sections between variants does not change that.

#38 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 December 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Not unless you're fine with completely invalidating standard engines.

So clans are allowed to have OP engines because otherwise STD engines would suck? What kind of twisted logic is that?

Edited by kapusta11, 08 December 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#39 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

END OF DISCUSSION!

Jesus....

Gee, aren't you pleasant? The engine slowdown mechanic is not that bad, and in my honest opinion the latest patch has come as close to balance as we've ever been.

And actually, if he doesn't like how things are in lore, he can keep playing, because PGI has explained time and time again that they will break lore, when necessary, for balance. If that upsets you to the point that you need to flame the OP, perhaps YOU should go play tabletop.

Clans are not nerfed to hell, they work fine. What build rules are you talking about? We have omnipods to customize and IIC mechs will give us clanners a taste of battlemech customization in 6 days.

Frankly it isn't the end of the discussion, the discussion will go on and on and on, I assure you. It'd be nice if PGI paid more attention to it actually.

The OP did not act like a know it all, he presented a solution he thought might help. Humbly putting forth a suggestion does not make one a know it all. So you're saying you want PGI to scrap all of their balance changes so you can personally be OP, that way you can scrap IS players for catharsis? Trash talking seems kinda weird considering your asking for an advantage.

I don't know if it's founded, but PGI fears 10 v 12 would be a bad business model, so it's not going to happen. Since it's not PGI is pursuing other avenues of balance. Good on them for that.

#40 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostJack Corban, on 08 December 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Thats a trick question. There is no standart Clan Engines. so i can't also there is a reason why i play my mechs stock for the most part. Its called "Canon" and i am a purist. So No i would not because its against the Lore.

Well this doesn't appear to e the game for you, friend. MWO will never fully follow lore.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users