22 replies to this topic

#21 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

The Marauder looked like it'd be a strong chassis when the art was first revealed, and I think the post-release shakedown period has proven that out well enough.

I ran the Tukayyid event with 2 Marauders, a Crab, and a Cicada (ECM) until they bumped IS tonnage up again, and then switched to 3 Marauders and a PB Locust (again, ECM). They started with few or no basics unlocked, and by the end of the event all three were finished with Elite.

They did work. They're tough, they punch well despite having a limited payload due to STD Engines, and they're just fast enough with a STD300 to keep up with the team.

#22 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 09 December 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

I just scored my best result ever... 7 kills, 850+ damage, 4 most dam kills (I took a screenshot but it turned out black arghghghghg) and is it any surprise that its in a MAD-3R?????

I was one of those who doubted what the Marauder is good for and think its nothing more than a fan mech with no real strengths... but hey, I scored my best ever game in one and this MAD-3R has maintained a KDR of 3.45 over 23 battles... also the best ever KDR in my 3 years of MWO! The second best didn't even come close! Now, only my twin LBX10 MAD-3R has produced this result... not even my AC20 bounty hunter or twin SRM6 5D could match that somehow... did PGI do something good to the LBX lately or did the ballistic quirk that the 3R has made such a huge difference? Its a simple 2 x LBX10 + 4ML setup... very simplistic, nothing fanciful.

Yes I am Tier 4 but still, this has been my best Tier 4 game ever...

Nice job man, I just put that build on mine last night... I got my *** handed to me for other reasons but damn was it fun. Love me the ol' double barrel.

As for the screen shots, did you use the (F11 or F12 key, I forget which) then it puts the screenshots in c:\users\USERNAME\saved games\mechwarrior online\screenshots folder. (I believe that is the right path, off the top of my head here). That has always worked for me, using the print screen button and then pasting, just gets me a black screen.

Edited by cSand, 09 December 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#23 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostcSand, on 09 December 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Nice job man, I just put that build on mine last night... I got my *** handed to me for other reasons but damn was it fun. Love me the ol' double barrel.

As for the screen shots, did you use the (F11 or F12 key, I forget which) then it puts the screenshots in c:\users\USERNAME\saved games\mechwarrior online\screenshots folder. (I believe that is the right path, off the top of my head here). That has always worked for me, using the print screen button and then pasting, just gets me a black screen.

View PostMister D, on 09 December 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Granted that is a nice score, but the MAD with a standard engine seems to be as hard if not harder to kill than a Stalker.

Those things eat damage like candy, and with all that structure are like the energizer bunny.

Thank you! Posted Image Yeah, looking at the stock center front armor for a stalker of about 70, thats the same amount of center front armor I have on my 3R but with side torsos that are spreading the damage well while the center torso of a Stalker is impossible to miss. That's why I have gone head to head with Stalkers with this build many times and prevailed so much so I just rush them these days. Yeah, I agree this mech is only for a specific playstyle, which is, up close brawler with other mechs supporting. You want to engage within 100m, preferrably all the way up to 70m, which is why a speed of at least 70kph is important. You also need to rush with your team because if you are focus fired on you still die quick. So its really a squad brawler designed to punch through choke points or perform lance flanking.

Of course, I suspect higher tiered Stalkers won't be so easy to kill as I doubt many freshies at Tier 4/5 allocate front armor up to 90 like so many experts do for the stalker.

Edited by Pr8Dator, 09 December 2015 - 06:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users