14 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Is it normal for this event?
Before Tukayyid, Attacker had to kill all enemies and Omega.
Just got out of a match where they kill Omega and win while we still have guys who can fight alive.
Never heard of it.

#2 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

You don't have to kill everyone, you only need omega and a lead.

In any case, the mode is stupid because it allows the defenders to simply abandon Omega and sit in their drop zone. Its incredibly difficult to push in there and get a kill lead even if you get Omega for free.

#3 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

I've seen teams hide in their drip and snipe out of it with IS mechs and the longer ranges Er Lrg and Lg Lasers, but what temas have you fought that just hide in thier spawn and don't try to defend the Omega, that would most likely fall under non participation or somewhere close as it's exploiting the Drop ship cover and spirit of the game.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostLeiska, on 04 December 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

You don't have to kill everyone, you only need omega and a lead.

In any case, the mode is stupid because it allows the defenders to simply abandon Omega and sit in their drop zone. Its incredibly difficult to push in there and get a kill lead even if you get Omega for free.

Guess how the last 8 hour of the event are going to go when people Clans have all their points and are just farming fast wins on attack and locking any remaining useful teams in counter-attacks for the full duration of the match.

#5 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostSkippyT72, on 05 December 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I've seen teams hide in their drip and snipe out of it with IS mechs and the longer ranges Er Lrg and Lg Lasers, but what temas have you fought that just hide in thier spawn and don't try to defend the Omega, that would most likely fall under non participation or somewhere close as it's exploiting the Drop ship cover and spirit of the game.

I see it quite a bit both during and before this event. Its called castleing.

#6 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

i just saw it.... we destroyed omega, easily, they got a lead in kills... and after that, the whole game they kept hiding in the dropzone with the dropships fire support. They only got out once we had only a handful of mechs remaining.

The counter attack objectives should be reviewed to prevent such sick tactics.

#7 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

Ihave said it once and I will say it again. players hiding in their drop zone need to start taking some form of damage if they dont leave the dropzone within 3 minutes. perhaps have drop zones have very high heat and very low heat dissapation so if you stay in the drop zone you eventually overheat and explode.

#8 RandomStatic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:53 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 05 December 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

players hiding in their drop zone need to start taking some form of damage if they dont leave the dropzone within 3 minutes.

3 minutes? you're generous haha i would say 1 minute (if you're in a slowboat) and eject the player from their mech if they camp in the DZ. The problem i've noticed is that (and i've seen this from both Clanners and IS Groups) people like to hide in the DZ once they have the lead and it kind of ruins the whole point of counter attack. maybe if both sides had an omega to destroy then it would force more action as opposed to turtling from defenders.

Just my 2 cents but overall, Counterattack is broken and it needs to be redone really to make it actually playable or they should just remove it altogether and make a new game mode.

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:06 AM

View PostHelene de Montfort, on 05 December 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

i just saw it.... we destroyed omega, easily, they got a lead in kills... and after that, the whole game they kept hiding in the dropzone with the dropships fire support. They only got out once we had only a handful of mechs remaining.

The counter attack objectives should be reviewed to prevent such sick tactics.

This started to occur after PGI mega-buffed Dropships to prevent spawn-camping, but created a whole new set of problems when Teams took a lead in counter-attack and promptly retreated to dropship (both IS and Clan teams have done this, and includes high skilled and low skilled teams as well). Players would then actually coordinate ejecting out of their mechs as to bring dropships at the proper time on top of the team that has to push into the drop zone.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 06 December 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#10 RandomStatic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

^^ Pretty much what i said but summed up better. I think they need more objectives to make it work and a better anti camp prevention.

#11 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:16 AM

but that's the same as people who play assault like skirmish and do not attack the base.

They just do the easiest deathball method available, and if they don't the enemy will do it instead to greater effect as they are not defending against it.
If you do try to defend omega in sometimes the open fields and crowded areas where covering your friends is nearly impossible and omega will die either way, the attackers will instead run away and hide at their spawn instead of the defenders. that's the problem with counter attack, It needs more to it then this.

#12 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostRandomStatic, on 06 December 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

3 minutes? you're generous haha i would say 1 minute (if you're in a slowboat) and eject the player from their mech if they camp in the DZ. The problem i've noticed is that (and i've seen this from both Clanners and IS Groups) people like to hide in the DZ once they have the lead and it kind of ruins the whole point of counter attack.

Then enter their dropzone and kill them.

#13 RandomStatic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 06 December 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

Then enter their dropzone and kill them.

Obvious solution yes, but then you have the mvp dropship pilots coming in nuking your team to oblivion. The applies to both attackers and defenders too. They could disarm the dropships though. That's another option but then that could open up the problem of spawn campers. PGI needs to look at this mode and figure it out.

#14 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

I have not seen teams hide but individual players, yes.
It also depends on the map. Early maps like Boreal and Sulphorous have drops zones on both sides you can easily get to. Hellbore and Vitirc, the Attacker zone is pretty hard to reach unless you got jump jets.

#15 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

If someone is still in a drop zone with an active mech when a drop ship arrives, they should be picked up and carted off, with it counting as a lost mech.

This would have the added effect of cleaning up some long term disconnects and such as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users