No replies to this topic

#1 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, this is another thread suggesting a balancing change, but limited to lasers only. For just this thread, please avoid discussion of difference of Clan and I.S. XL engines, other weapon systems, and other chasis quirks.

Why? I would like to see Community Warfare I.S. dropdecks move away from the "need +25% energy range quirk" to compete. Since December 2014 the Wolverine 6K, Battlemaster 1S, Raven 3L and 4X have been able to trade long range laser vomit with Clan mechs, but only because they had the energy range quirks. Now with the PTS 4 rebalance live, other I.S. mechs have joined the ranks, but I do not believe this is the correct solution.

Rather than boost specific I.S. mechs via quirks to compete with Clan mechs at long range laser fire, I propose changing the Clan laser weapon systems, but maximum range only, to match the I.S. counterpart. Clan laser optimal range would remain unchanged.

Example: A clan mech and inner sphere mech, both equiped with ER Large Lasers, exchanging fire. The I.S. mech will do optimal damage out to 675 meters, and reduced damage out to 1350m. Under the proposed change above the clan mech would do full damage to 740m, but reduced damage only to 1350m to match the I.S. mech. The need for I.S. mechs quirked for energy range would be reduced. I.S.mechs would be able to carry out long range fire by virtue of equiped weapons rather than quirks.

I think these changes would:
1) increase variety of both Clan and I.S. Community Warefare dropdecks.
2) not significantly impact a mechs viability in Quickplay.
3) make the game friendlier for newer players who might not understand why an enemy with the same weapon can be dealing damage to their mech, while the enemy takes no damage from return fire.

Edited by GrayFenris, 11 December 2015 - 11:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users