#62 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

View Postsycocys, on 12 December 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hi, I created a new account so I could club baby seals but forgot to take into account that there are 11 baby seals on my team.

^ That's exactly what I read. If he was a "new" player then what's going on would be the normal, because that's what happens when you get lumped in with the T5's since well before steam's launch.

Not so good at clubbing baby seals, I see :3

#63 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostVoid Runner, on 12 December 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Every pug you get in right now has the most horrible of players who are dancing in circles wondering where they are being shot from. Obviously your tier system isn't working OR there are simply so many fools playing this game right now it is a horrible exercise to slog through even a single round in quick play or CW. This isn't just about game mechanics, these people are unable to grasp the basic concepts of LOOKING AROUND. Thank you Steam for destroying this game for me, I will happily never see any of you again.

The tier system is junk - Yes Voting is BS NOT being able to select modes SUCKS and is used as load balancing. We all know that, but what has steam have to do with It? Or new players for that matter?

If you don't like dropping with noobs and can only drop pug then run only your best mech's and grind you way up out of teir 5 and keep going and don't look back, don't whine about it. Then you will not have anything to complain about.

If you can't move up or don't want to or don't care (As I don't care). Then take control, be proactive, I have nothing but contempt for any one who runs down their team mates and never ask for help or offers to help or make helpful and non snarky / snide suggestions.Any player who does this "WE (I) lost because no one covered me with out being asked." "You guys suck!" needs to STFU.

Everyone was a noob, everyone has bad days, everyone makes that left hand turn and gets whacked. It happens. You can do something about it or NOT! Call the game, spectat, help new players, make suggestions, Lead, follow, contribute, be a positive part of the game or just for the rest of us bite you tongue.

Edited by MW222, 12 December 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#64 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:37 PM

Every pug you get in right now has the most horrible of players who are dancing in circles wondering where they are being shot from. Obviously your tier system isn't working OR there are simply so many fools playing this game right now it is a horrible exercise to slog through even a single round in quick play or CW. This isn't just about game mechanics, these people are unable to grasp the basic concepts of LOOKING AROUND. Thank you Steam for destroying this game for me, I will happily never see any of you again.

Hi! I see this is your very first post on the forum. You must be a new player, so welcome! I am glad you have decided to join us through steam with this release of the game, you must be excited! Now before you start playing your first matches here is some advice :

Go to the mechwarrior academy! It will give you the basics of the game and how to control your mech. You will learn to pilot and get some nice c-bills too! ( c-bills are the currency you use in this game to purchase mechs and weapons and upgrades! )

Calling other new players like yourself " horrible players " who just started playing the game is not a good way to get along with the community! Try to get along and keep practicing and maybe one day you will become a decent tier 4 player. Good luck!

Edited by Alwrath, 12 December 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

View Postsycocys, on 12 December 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hi, I created a new account so I could club baby seals but forgot to take into account that there are 11 baby seals on my team.

^ That's exactly what I read. If he was a "new" player then what's going on would be the normal, because that's what happens when you get lumped in with the T5's since well before steam's launch.

Quoted for truth.

#66 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostLykaon, on 12 December 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

One post ever and you made it this one?

Probably plenty more whining on whatever troll boys real account is. Whiny wuss probably made a new acct thinking it would be a cake walk to farm Steam noobs. Almost makes me wish I believed in karma....

#67 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

#68 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

Community Warfare is the real hit taker in this regard.

4/4 trial mech players
New players 1st match
People who never did tutorial.. Why not force it?

It's a 50 minute waste of time.

#69 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

CW needs to have an XP and mech limitation. If you don't have at least 4 mechs mastered, and enough xp to put some serious modules in them, then you should NOT be in CW. UNLESS PGI decides to add a noob room where the new guys can test out CW without screwing up the main game, because CW is supposed to be the centerpiece of this game. It is hosed because a 12 man gets on and especially if they are clan they face 3 groups of seals to club vs 1 real team. Tukkayid was a group of veteran Comstar units vs the best the clan had, not the IS dragging their pilots out of the bar from remote garrisons to try to piecemeal together a workable unit like we had for Tuk 1 and 2.

#70 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

Every pug you get in right now has the most horrible of players who are dancing in circles wondering where they are

"Carry Harder"
-Ancient MWO Proverb.

#71 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

View PostcSand, on 12 December 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

@OP stfu

Preach, brother.

B**** sound like he aint got no Street Heart. Aint equipped for the robot jungle.

#72 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 12 December 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Preach, brother.

B**** sound like he aint got no Street Heart. Aint equipped for the robot jungle.

comes out on the street unprepared and expectin a free ride

only free ride he's gettin is to the curb yo

to the curb

PUGLIFE

Edited by cSand, 12 December 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#73 Solarise02

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

TIer 5 is awesome XD

#74 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

Here's a thought... Help them out!

WELCOME STEAM USERS!!!!!

Take the lead..

Give some directions.

. say hi at the beginning of the match..

ask if anyone is new..

Help out.. Give advice..

Let people know when watching that Weapons have min and max ranges if you see um firing under or outta range..

if people are over heating tell them about chain fire..

If people are having trouble driving mechs, tell them they can practice in the training groups under HOME

tell them there is an academy to get practice against some basic AI

If you are playing PUGS in CW, well that is your own fault.. (i do, and if i get totally rolled, i hardly complain about it.. I know i can join a group...

Or just get better.. Higher tiers don't play against um..

Tier 3 does.. and its not always that bad.. Ya just carry harder!

I hope you all have a lot of fun and learn what really is a pretty fun game!

#75 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

View PostKaramarka, on 12 December 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Community Warfare is the real hit taker in this regard.

4/4 trial mech players
New players 1st match
People who never did tutorial.. Why not force it?

It's a 50 minute waste of time.

Honestly, This is just wrong... PGI should make community warfare something you need to earn.. I don't know what minim should be.. But at least 100 matches, maybe more, i dunno..

because i can totally understand someone coming in, clicking clan wars for the frist time, with 4 trails and have zero clue.. You are totally right, you should not be able to waste everyone time like that. CW is END GAME.. But honestly, i wouldn't want it to take too long.. But still there needs to be a min..

#76 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 December 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Honestly, This is just wrong... PGI should make community warfare something you need to earn.. I don't know what minim should be.. But at least 100 matches, maybe more, i dunno..

because i can totally understand someone coming in, clicking clan wars for the frist time, with 4 trails and have zero clue.. You are totally right, you should not be able to waste everyone time like that. CW is END GAME.. But honestly, i wouldn't want it to take too long.. But still there needs to be a min..

Years ago I suggested tying it to their cadet bonus, extend it to a long enough period for the player (even casual ones) to get enough time with the game and mechs to be comfortable, then upon "graduation", they get xx million cbills, one free mech of their choice, and one free module and such, come colors, etc.

Make that the cadet queue, give them open access to the mech lab and mechs in the game to use in that queue, let PGI approved vets have access to the queue in order to help answer questions, give tips, and moderate the experience. I'm sure there are plenty who would volunteer.
Give them a free unique camo and titles and badges. You have increased the NPE a thousand fold, increased retention, and helped build the community overall. With nothing more than adding a new player queue and adjusting the length and reward upon graduation. Easy peasy.

#77 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

All hail Clan Special-Snowflake!!
Posted Image

#78 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:21 AM

Well then this should be your big opportunity to swim with the big boys in the group queue, with, you know, a group.

#79 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

I love all these responses. Like being tier 1 keeps clueless players out of your matches in some way. They're everywhere, absolutely everywhere. PGI, please replace XP tier system!

#80 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Since we started posting images...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users