#1 Will Farmer

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hey all,

So I am starting a new project (those of you on the facebook group might have seen some of my rambling notes) to make an immersive connection setup. The goal I have is:

Voice command for Actions

Visual Torso Control

Leg control independent of VIsual torso

Arm motion independent of visual torso

I know it sounds crazy but I figure anyone who is building a simpit can sympathize with me.

I am looking at the following:

Voice Attack for the actions

Google Cardboard (as noted in another thread on here) for Visual Torso Controls

Mouseless - An android app for arm motion.

I am still trying to figure out the leg motion on an independent control.

Ultimately, I wouldn't mind moving to a custom built Arduino powered custom gauntlet, but that takes more money and time (and skill) than I currently have during this part of the year.

I was originally going to try to use a Wiimote connected via bluetooth, but it would seem that development in that area died off after Nintendo came out with a bunch of the wiimotes with the wiimotion+ built in and since that is all I have.... well.. you see.

The google cardboard kit I ordered is on the way and I'll have that soon. In the meantime, still trying to figure out where I am going to go with the rest of this. Any suggestions are welcome.

-Will

#2 Will Farmer

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

So, I found a ton of old arcade stuff in my garage, since I built a mame cabinet some years ago. So, I am playing with a setup right now to see if I can get a THB 2 player Jamma to USB board to do some magic in windows 10 and give me an alternate speed / direction set up with some extra buttons....

#3 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

You got a pretty ambitious project man. No idea as to how you're going to manage some of that.

#4 Will Farmer

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

I've learned to dream big and then settle for what I *can* make happen. So far, so good. The Google Cardboard works great, so does the wii mote.

#5 Will Farmer

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Just an update. Looks like the Google Cardboard is out of the picture for me. A couple of reasons. First and foremost, I get motion sick like crazy from using them on this game.... The other is I am not liking the font being so small that I can't really read what is going on with targets. I haven't figured out how to get around this hurdle. Maybe another time, but the motion sickness is the real killer. So instead, I'm going to focus my efforts on building a set of foot pedals.

-Will

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users