#21 Thelamon

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

Hey guys,

considering your feedback I must agree that you guys have a point.

- Right now this CW phase is a mere placeholder and the map meaningless. So some IS vs. IS fun is absolutely in order, We look forward to this :)

Concerning the Clan vs. IS tech-balance (apparently never ending) and playerbase debate:

- So far fighting IS mechs in CW feels like easy-mode as we are used to fighting much tougher clanners (mechs and maybe units...).

- Concerning strong units going IS to Profit from "OP" IS tech - this would really be interesting. :D
I will believe it when I see the top tier mercs playing IS in any serious event...

(We had two superfun and very close matches vs. BMMU "clanners" only yesterday.)

Bottom line - lets just treat CW as thw w.i.p. that it currently is and lets have fun while it lasts.

Cheers
Telamon

#22 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:01 AM

You know, I think this started when i took a group of mostly new players who'd never seen IS on IS battle - good pug on pug fun.
And then, some of the steiner players jumped in to a friendly chat I was having with a Steiner player I'd fought alongside when we rotated thru Steiner hub - making fun of FRR or mercs ( alot of FRR loyalists and friends are on rotation right now thru Kurita)...
... being rude is never a good idea. When I went to sleep, it was a joke - when i woke up it looked like people just jumped in where the fight was.
But really, I don't see what the wheining is about. Don't be a wheinerer. - and don't be rude to mercs, they're handy and helpful.
See ya on the battlefield <s>

#23 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:20 AM

Our unit pretty much goes where the fight is. However we did drop on a Stiener planet to see if they would come play. One ghost drop later and we were back on the defense of Stiener against the clans or FRR against the clans.

#24 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

I believe Kurita is out of Clan planets.

Steiner is the best challenge out there without messing with the FRR, whom are doing a damn good job against the clans atm.

#25 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Several points I want to make.

First Clan tech is laughable, and there are only 2 (off the top of my head) organized units left in CSJ territory. So Kurita has no contest expanding to FRR borders. (But the clans won Tukkyid! hahaha MS, QQ, and more went clan. We had fun beating up pugs, and the rest of us exploited the attacking vs defending to gen rush like hell when we were up against any stiff competition)

Second It's a game, who cares who attacks who stop whining about it.

Third Inner Sphere vs Inner Sphere sounds like a good idea to me, same vs same tech. At least that way it is just team coordination and skills involved. No fighting with lopsided game balance.

Lastly, CW has no meaning. This game does not reward loyalty. It does not penalize backstabbing or border raids. It would have been better off if PGI set the era to the Third Succession War and never introduced the clans.

#26 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:31 AM

I think you are all interpreting way to much whine into the original post :)

I would read the original post as "what is going on and can we retaliate". A valid question since in previous CW phases there have been agreements between factions to not attack borders.

#27 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostSvarn Lornon, on 18 December 2015 - 01:31 AM, said:

I think you are all interpreting way to much whine into the original post Posted Image

I would read the original post as "what is going on and can we retaliate". A valid question since in previous CW phases there have been agreements between factions to not attack borders.

I'll answer your question. Yes, attack back.

#28 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostTorchfire Katayama, on 18 December 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Third Inner Sphere vs Inner Sphere sounds like a good idea to me, same vs same tech. At least that way it is just team coordination and skills involved. No fighting with lopsided game balance.

Lastly, CW has no meaning. This game does not reward loyalty. It does not penalize backstabbing or border raids. It would have been better off if PGI set the era to the Third Succession War and never introduced the clans.

Clans were fine in the single player games - where the clans were the over-powered boogeyman/dragon at the end -
I couldn't agree more, difficulty of 'assymetrical balance' aside- a hard trick to pull - getting a game to work at Classic Era *first* might have been a better starting point ( ie w/out lost-tech).
BUT - kinda hard to pour spilled milk back in the jug.

#29 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

Aside from the fact that this is already clear for quite some time now, you are actually in no position to make this statement for house Steiner Posted Image

View PosteSeifer, on 18 December 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

I'll answer your question. Yes, attack back.

#30 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

I really would have loved MWO in the classical era of 3025 :) 4th succession war baby!

View PostMercier, on 18 December 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Clans were fine in the single player games - where the clans were the over-powered boogeyman/dragon at the end -
I couldn't agree more, difficulty of 'assymetrical balance' aside- a hard trick to pull - getting a game to work at Classic Era *first* might have been a better starting point ( ie w/out lost-tech).
BUT - kinda hard to pour spilled milk back in the jug.

#31 Stephen Grendal

• PipPip
  • Hauptmann-General
  • Hauptmann-General
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostMercier, on 17 December 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

You know, I think this started when i took a group of mostly new players who'd never seen IS on IS battle - good pug on pug fun.
And then, some of the steiner players jumped in to a friendly chat I was having with a Steiner player I'd fought alongside when we rotated thru Steiner hub - making fun of FRR or mercs ( alot of FRR loyalists and friends are on rotation right now thru Kurita)...
... being rude is never a good idea. When I went to sleep, it was a joke - when i woke up it looked like people just jumped in where the fight was.
But really, I don't see what the wheining is about. Don't be a wheinerer. - and don't be rude to mercs, they're handy and helpful.
See ya on the battlefield <s>

Yes Mercier, It was an enjoyable fight. Glad we could give a good showing for you guys on the other side. Our guys still talk about that Hellbore Springs 1st wave gate assault as one of the most brutal to remember. pounding each other down 6 to 6 with our reinforcements pulling up to assist pushing back out the gate. Would enjoy doing it again sometime.

<o From LoP

#32 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

I think the crying is delicious, and the clan crying that IS mechs are OP is even more delectable.

#33 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostStephen Grendal, on 24 December 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yes Mercier, It was an enjoyable fight. Glad we could give a good showing for you guys on the other side. Our guys still talk about that Hellbore Springs 1st wave gate assault as one of the most brutal to remember. pounding each other down 6 to 6 with our reinforcements pulling up to assist pushing back out the gate. Would enjoy doing it again sometime.

<o From LoP

<O to LoP!
- But yessir, different night, after that we kept hitting steiner just to taste the salty tear- and cos' so few of my guys had seen IS on IS commmunity faction warfare... ( also it takes some focus on IS vs clan strength/weakness and to pure "balanced" tactics) -
but by then we were hitting Davion or Steiner... you know us filthy Browncoats, ronin if you will, mercs go where the annexed planets need us...
Our fight against LoP was a good reminder to the guys why we wor on tactics and teamwor - too many easy wins gets 'em sloppy.
Enjoyed the match, sorry for no rematch.
Next time, I expect we'll be on the same side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users