• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

Okay!

First drop in my modified Oxide.

Now, not going to give up my MAD's.. BUT... okay, okay I'll admit these little guys are FUN.
318dmg, 1 kill (and I think I'm still dizzy from all the zigging and zagging... )

Thanks for all the tips, going to be a blast mastering mah 'lil Jenners Posted Image
...Off to give the little guy a pat on the head and get back out on the field.

Edited by Morggo, 14 December 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#22 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 14 December 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Lol, you call that the thunder chicken? THIS is a thunder chicken! +30% E-range turns those PPCs into virtual ERPPCs!

RVN-4X 2 PPC XL275

And here I was just happy getting LPL range from MPL, so off to throw a pair of PPC on a RVN, keeping other lights outside 90m is half the expected fun. Then I might just throw on 2 ERPPC a range mod and see if i can put down incoming dropships and satelites.
So many mechs I haven't checked the new quirks on.

View PostMorggo, on 14 December 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Okay!

First drop in my modified Oxide.

Now, not going to give up my MAD's.. BUT... okay, okay I'll admit these little guys are FUN.
318dmg, 1 kill (and I think I'm still dizzy from all the zigging and zagging... )

Thanks for all the tips, going to be a blast mastering mah 'lil Jenners Posted Image
...Off to give the little guy a pat on the head and get back out on the field.

Used to be one of my fave mechs, mostly nostalgia from previous BT titles and i also love an underdog, my mech hangar is proof.

was upped to the tube in April but the vid is much older don't remember exactly when but its when I was really new, I bought the Jenny pack.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 14 December 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#23 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Oh, and if you liked the Oxide, you'll like this one too:

KFX-PRIME 4x A-SRM6

Note the omni-pods! These have been optimised for maximum agility and durability! C-legs for +accel/decel/turnrate, Prime CT for +yaw speed, range, accel. D side torsos for arm movement range and speed. This exact configuration lets you shoot nearly 90 degrees to your left or right from where you're looking at, so you can present a side profile while shooting.

Also, slapping on ERLLs onto a RVN-4X is amazing. You get 945m optimal range, and 1890m maximum range. 30% burn duration reduction brings 1.25s burn duration back down to around 0.8s. Throw in range and CD modules and you get something that snipes like a boss for full damage.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 14 December 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#24 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:12 PM

Ain't going to lie.. I got an adrenaline rush dodging in around them. My hand was shaking and I was giggling the whole time.
Does the rush go away at some point? Posted Image

Edited by Morggo, 14 December 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#25 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

If you liked the rush, the ultimate rush is piloting a 6-SPL LCT-1E. Slap on the biggest engine you can get, and off you go on a joyride. The rush never ends!

Also, welcome to the Kult of Speed, boyz. Paint yer meks red, becuz red wunz go fasta!

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 14 December 2015 - 04:28 PM.

#26 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

I'm naming her "Waaaagh!"

...now where's that red can of paint....

#27 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostMorggo, on 14 December 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Ain't going to lie.. I got an adrenaline rush dodging in around them. My hand was shaking and I was giggling the whole time.

No. That rush endures. I happily died a sacrificial death in my ACH-PRIME last night, giggling like a loon the whole time. Pulled 900+ damage and 4-5 kills in it before, including circling a dual AC/20 KGC in the wide open, and woke up the cat with my giddy laughter. I've been flying mostly light for over three years now. I'm grinning right now, just thinking of the good times in 8v8 pre-ECM on Forest Colony.

Takes a sick mofo to love lights, though. But it's a GOOD sick!

#28 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

If you liked the rush, the ultimate rush is piloting a 6-SPL LCT-1E. Slap on the biggest engine you can get, and off you go on a joyride. The rush never ends!

Also, welcome to the Kult of Speed, boyz. Paint yer meks red, becuz red wunz go fasta!

Yeah Jenners were my second mech i got. love the mastery bundles.

Not it doesn't. no matter what i still get the rush in a Jenner or a Cicada.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 14 December 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#29 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

Fifth drop, okay, I'm hooked on this Oxide.... Waaaaaggghhhhh!

Posted Image

#30 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

^^^ SICK!

#31 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

This was on my alt for What Mech Challenge, lol. It's entirely possible to carry a match in a light! Those heavies and assaults are just jealous of your superior piloting abilities.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 14 December 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#32 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:49 PM

Fortunately for you, no. In Mediums they have support groups for it, Lights well, they say light pilots are lost causes.
Keep a pillow handy for when you crash.

View PostArcturusWolf, on 14 December 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Also, slapping on ERLLs onto a RVN-4X is amazing. You get 945m optimal range, and 1890m maximum range. 30% burn duration reduction brings 1.25s burn duration back down to around 0.8s. Throw in range and CD modules and you get something that snipes like a boss for full damage.

Careful I think this might be illegal in some States.

Posted Image

Edited by Tractor Joe, 14 December 2015 - 05:50 PM.

#33 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

View PostTractor Joe, on 14 December 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Dat range. Screw cover, because you can hit those LRM boaters before they can even hit you! Posted Image

But at that distance, do you have to predict for windage, coriolis effect etc? XD With IS ERPPC bolts travelling at only 1200m/s, your max range is nearly at 2s lmao

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 14 December 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#34 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostMorggo, on 14 December 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Fifth drop, okay, I'm hooked on this Oxide.... Waaaaaggghhhhh!

Posted Image

Holy ****
EDIT
Morggo are you on a lap top or pc, most graphics cards have capture for playstv or twitch you might actually have that in a session vid.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 14 December 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#35 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 14 December 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Dat range. Screw cover, because you can hit those LRM boaters before they can even hit you! Posted Image

But at that distance, do you have to predict for windage, coriolis effect etc? XD With IS ERPPC bolts travelling at only 1200m/s, your max range is nearly at 2s lmao

My plan is to stand in the open pretending to be a patch of sky

Posted Image

Edit yeah Its a bit. Luckily I like to play around on Alpine with AC5 harassing people at 1.5km. Yeah its a waste of Ammo but the psych affect Posted Image

Edited by Tractor Joe, 14 December 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#36 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostTractor Joe, on 14 December 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Holy ****
EDIT
Morggo are you on a lap top or pc, most graphics cards have capture for playstv or twitch you might actually have that in a session vid.

PC, with a shiny new 980 TI. You think there's a session vid hiding on my drive? I would love to have that match.. it was epic (for me at least)....

In any case, I've got a spare 4TB data drive but I don't know how to make those vids.. I keep missing the games I'd love to replay.. :/

EDIT: Figured it out!!!
I can now capture the last 20 minutes of play .... sweet! never miss an epic match again!

Edited by Morggo, 14 December 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#37 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

Yeah. Next time you throw down like that in a Jenner, I'd sure love to see the instant replay from your helmet cam.

I mean, I DO want to get better at this game.

#38 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

Definitely will. Just had two similar 500+ matches. This little ride's a beastie for sure.
Basic'd it in a couple hours, on to the second chassis.....

Edited by Morggo, 14 December 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#39 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

The Jenner's are effective mechs. They are definitely not obsolete. First off, save up your C Bills to put XL engines in them. That way they'll have decent speed, cooling and space for weapons for it to perform. Pick your time and place carefully when making your attack runs. Flanking attacks are best. Use those jump jets. Never overheat when engaged in combat. If you are about to do so, disengage and fade out into the background. Your small hull and jump jets help in this. You're a "skirmisher" mech. Hit and run. If you do want to stick around, keep behind the enemy mech and bug out if he has friend entering the fray. Small and medium lasers as well as SRM's work well. Not so much having a high alpha, but more in having weapons that can be frequently used at manageable levels. Remember to keep the speed up when moving in the open. Staying still or slow makes you an easy target for the foe.

#40 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 14 December 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

if you have the Oxide you will also want the D and the F, the reason I do not suggest the K is that it is basically just a D with 1 less missile slot, and the quirks for the K do not make up for that disadvantage,

I'm puzzled, the K (according to the wiki) gives up the missile hardpoint for more module slots, yet I don't see the additional module slots... I'm assuming the 'unofficial' wiki is incorrect? I like my modules.. one of the things I like about Oxide is the early use of both Radar Dep and Seismic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users