- - - - -

Servers Down ?

13 replies to this topic

#1 EMERGE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:49 AM

i downloaded the game last night while i slept. But when it came to play the game it all started fine , got to the login screen and then says the servers are down .?? but iv just seen on this website it says its up?? i got the game from Steam too. need help thanks guys cant wait to try this .

#2 EMERGE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

???????

#3 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:07 AM

Hey there. What is the exact error message? Does it say the servers are down, or under maintanance?
The status on top of this website should be correct.
You can try to check sour installation, maybe something went wrong whole installing:
Go to your steam library -> MechWarrior Online -> right click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game files

(Don't have acces to steam right now, but the way to access the steam repair should be as stated above. If you cannot find it, you can start the game and o the screen where could click on the big "play" button, sou can access mwo's own repari tool via the gear icon in the top right corner)

#4 EMERGE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

it says Servers are currently under going maintenace please try again later. Check the website for more information.

#5 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

Ok, that should be the default error for "cannot connect to the server". Have you tried to repair your game, as stated above?

#6 EMERGE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

yes that was the first thing i tried . im verifying the integrety of the game again now . maybe it didnt work the first time . but the servers are 100% up yes ?

#7 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

Cannot give you the 100%, am not on my pc right now to check it.
Could please someone else try to log on and report back here?

(Although ai've never seen the top status message been wrong and no patch should be going on right now (nothing to be found in the news))

#8 EMERGE

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:23 AM

hm well i tried re virifying it again it when to 100% but still the same msg comes up. hm maybe i should try downloading from this website instead of steam ? although i dont see why this would make much diffrence. oh wow and now i have a msg saying i can only make 1 more posts till tomorrow ??! is this game really that ****** ?

#9 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:27 AM

Hm, if looked around the forum, there seems to be problems with people connecting to oceanic servers, but that shouldn't been the issue here... The logon servers shouldn't been distributed and it should only concern you of you join a match on these servers...

If 'should' make no difference if downloaded via steam or from the website.
Maybe you could try to disable your firewall and then try to log in again (just don't forget to enable it afterwards again :) )
Beside that I am out of ideas right now.

Oh, the post limitation for new players is something I've never heared of... I bet it is against spammers and is lifted after you have left the "newbie" status behind by doing 25 games... but this is not possible as it seems...

#10 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:34 AM

If anyone else has something which could help, feel free to post in here!

Edit: Not sure what you wanted to know by "Is this game realy that ..." if you asked if it is realy that awesome: yes :)

Edited by Raubwurst, 13 December 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#11 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:56 AM

Well, there _is_ something iffy going on.
I was in a match about an hour or so ago, where everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, all 24 of us, DCed. Most manage to rejoin, but gee, that was a strange match Posted Image

#12 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

Sounds like servers are borked, and it's not office hours in Canada so it'll remain this way until they get into the office i would guess.

#13 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostEMERGE, on 13 December 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

i downloaded the game last night while i slept. But when it came to play the game it all started fine , got to the login screen and then says the servers are down .?? but iv just seen on this website it says its up?? i got the game from Steam too. need help thanks guys cant wait to try this .

I'm fairly certain this is a problem I've come up against before, repairing and re-downloading the game aren't going to help. The issue is around how the game sends data, and cheaper routers having issues after periods of running with certain workloads. For me, with the router my ISP supplied if it's been running for a few days and been handling a moderate amount of P2P traffic this happened, and I needed to reboot the router. The best advice I can give is to reboot all networking equipment that you have (so your modem, wifi router, switch, anything like that that your computer is connected to), and then to retry logging in. Obviously stop any downloads that you, or anyone else sharing your connection are doing too.

I know it sounds stupid, I thought it was too when support were asking me to do all of this stuff. At the time this was happening to me, it was only this game and everything else was running fine. I guess it could potentially be settings in your router, you could try disabling the firewall etc. in your router to see if that helps.

Failing the above, I guess if you could borrow a router off a friend or something that would be your best bet to diagnose if this is in fact your issue.

#14 H i e u

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

stuck on connecting screen. sometime get connection failure, unknow error or success lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users