Marauder Pack?

21 replies to this topic

#1 AngryBear

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:03 AM

Bought marauder pack, says available since or from 1st december.

Well where is it ingame exactly?
No game time was added, or mechs or slots or anything?

Newbie confused as hell here lol.

#2 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostAngryBear, on 15 December 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

from what i understand there's a delay. I think it's as little as 30minutes,

#3 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:19 AM

Yes, you may be needed to wait a few minutes to update this. Maybe make short relog.
You should get a blue box for your items, which got redeemed, including the 'Mechs and 'Mechbays.

After this, be sure to check your filters in "MechSelect", because you won't see standard variants of 'Mechs, if either "Special", "Hero" oder "Champion" buttons are enabled.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostAngryBear, on 15 December 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

If you were logged in when you made the purchase, close the game. Wait 2 minutes. Log back into the game. You will have your package. The game time does NOT automatically activate, it is banked and requires a "activate premium time" button to be pressed on the left of any in-game menu screen (except the in-match escape menu or options menu).

It usually gives a blue notice with a list of things "injected."

Marauder counts as a "Heavy" mech of Inner Sphere nature in the Mech Select screen filters.

#5 AngryBear

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:48 AM

Yep took about 30 minutes but it did finally "arrive".
Cant seem to select em for faction uh well warfare i guess?

Still learning though i like the faction stuff.
Not as overwhelming as i feared as long as i stay near or behind the vets. :P

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

View PostAngryBear, on 15 December 2015 - 02:48 AM, said:

Cant seem to select em for faction uh well warfare i guess?

In faction warfare you can only play faction relevant Mechs, as you chose Clan Wolf you can only use Clan Mechs, the MAD is IS.

when your contract expires make sure you choose a great House or Rasslehague to use the Marauder

#7 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:21 AM

Nope, you are under contract by Clan Wolf and Marodeurs are Inner Sphere 'Mechs, you can not cross use these two 'Mechtypes in Faction Warfare (on quick and group play you can take what you want).

Glad you aren't having a bad time, this game can be very confusing an overwhelming, but it makes lot of fun, after you've learned the first few things :)
(And to all: Don't be too shy to ask questions in here ! )

And staying behind the vets is good, if two conditions are met:
1. You are not heavier than they are (as a tanky 'Mech you are supposed to stay infront of 'em :P)
2. You don't get used to "stay hidden" behind others, instead you try to learn to stand in one line with them (Again: :P)

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

My Marauders.

#9 Kanya Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

Don't listen to these guys...

The Marauder was a worthwhile investment.

Nao, spend moar monies to by IIC pack and stick with clan wolf. (or try a unit like the Devil Dogs that plays Wolf and Steiner).

#10 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Injections for mech pack purchases are done every business day at 4 PM PST.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostKanya Pryde, on 15 December 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Don't listen to these guys...

The Marauder was a worthwhile investment.

Nao, spend moar monies to by IIC pack and stick with clan wolf. (or try a unit like the Devil Dogs that plays Wolf and Steiner).

just out of interest what thread are you responding to? in the first post the OP said he had already purchased the Marauder and asked when he would get it.

Mechwarrior is based upon Battletech, a Tabletop game created in the mid 80s, the Marauder is one of several classic designs which had been locked out of the franchise for decades due to a licensing dispute with the original artwork (it was purchased from the Japanese company who designed it for use in an anamated series, then another company got rights to distribute a TV series featuring the same artwork in the US so claimed the design as theirs, it was decided to just not use the design rather then take it to court)
this is the first time in more than 20 years that design has been available so many people want it not because it is a great Mech (by the way it is, I am achieving scores similar to what I would in the Timber Wolf which is usualy considered the best Mech in the game and was by far my most successful chassis until the MAD came along, and the MAD-5M has literally the best damage per match, Kill death ratio and win/loss ratio of any Mech I own) but for nostalgic reasons

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 December 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#12 Hammer of God

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNE Missouri

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

I am glad to hear the Marauder is a good mech in MWO. I was hoping to make it a month or even two before I bought anything in game for real money. Then I saw the Marauder, and I had to have it because it is one of my favorites from ye olden days... And the Warhammer, and Archer are coming also? I could have resisted the temptation to throw my money at the game if it had been almost any other mechs... But they have got me good on those three..

#13 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostHammer of God, on 15 December 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I am glad to hear the Marauder is a good mech in MWO. I was hoping to make it a month or even two before I bought anything in game for real money. Then I saw the Marauder, and I had to have it because it is one of my favorites from ye olden days... And the Warhammer, and Archer are coming also? I could have resisted the temptation to throw my money at the game if it had been almost any other mechs... But they have got me good on those three..

They are also coming out with Riflemans. Do you also like Riflemans? We are also getting those as well.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostHammer of God, on 15 December 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

the Warhammer, Rifleman, and Archer are all on the way, looks likely to be in that order, 1 a month for the next 3 months. I do not know if they are planning to continue releasing the Macross unseens once a month after that, if they are planning to wait and see of Harmony gold says anything before proceeding or what

#15 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

Just a quick question. How is the Marauder for a begginer?

#16 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 December 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

I am new and I really enjoy it. I still prefer my medium mechs though, because in the heavier mechs I can't recover from a poorly chosen position as easily. So perhaps you want to learn the maps a bit before going in a more sluggish chassis.

Then again, getting annihilated in a poorly chosen position can be a good learning experience XD

Edited by Owen Miller, 15 December 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

disclamer, I am not a beginner

I have been seriously impressed by the MAD, I have tried a variety of configurations and even with an XL engine it can absorb a massive amount of damage before going down, however with a standard engine in 1 game I managed to win 3 1v1 fights against heavy and assault Mechs, it really is that durable (provided you know how to spread damage), I love it with a 350 engine, and my most successful build (of any Mech ever in MWO, and it is not evel elited yet) is STD350, 2 LL and 3 MPL on the MAD-5M

I think it will be fine for a beginner

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 December 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#18 Hammer of God

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNE Missouri

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostCoralld, on 15 December 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

They are also coming out with Riflemans. Do you also like Riflemans? We are also getting those as well.

So there goes all my lunch money for the winter.... lol....

#19 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 December 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

disclamer, I am not a beginner

I have been seriously impressed by the MAD, I have tried a variety of configurations and even with an XL engine it can absorb a massive amount of damage before going down, however with a standard engine in 1 game I managed to win 3 1v1 fights against heavy and assault Mechs, it really is that durable (provided you know how to spread damage), I love it with a 350 engine, and my most successful build (of any Mech ever in MWO, and it is not evel elited yet) is STD350, 2 LL and 3 MPL on the MAD-5M

I think it will be fine for a beginner

I'm just asking since i'm deciding to buy either the Marauder or the $40 Resistance 2 pack (for the Crabs mainly).

#20 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

I think it would be a very good choice for a beginner.
They are very straight forward, and can take a serious beating before they go down (especially the 3R).

I was honestly ready to be very disappointed. I'm a long time fan of table top Battletech and Macross (aka Robotech, the show that came up with the original MAD design) and was prepared to admit that I bought them just for the nostalgia.
I was very very pleasantly surprised.

I'd caution against using XL engines in them until you are more experienced OR know for a fact you are only going to be playing long range with it.

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 December 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

the Warhammer, Rifleman, and Archer are all on the way, looks likely to be in that order, 1 a month for the next 3 months. I do not know if they are planning to continue releasing the Macross unseens once a month after that, if they are planning to wait and see of Harmony gold says anything before proceeding or what

word around the campfire is the Archer will be the last of the bunch. I really would have liked to also see a Phoenix Hawk, Stinger, Wasp, Crusader etc etc any of the Valkyrie based models.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users