Origins Iic Faction Content Selection Is Live!

36 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

#2 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

What is shown on the Origins IIC Content Selection page doesn't seem to match whats on the Origins Pack page. Appears to be Clan Wave II / III pack content. Since all selections are FINAL I'm holding off until PGI sorts out the discrepancies. EDIT: Twas Fixed

Edited by Grey Ghost, 20 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 15 December 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

What is shown on the Origins IIC Content Selection page doesn't seem to match whats on the Origins Pack page. Appears to be Clan Wave II / III pack content. Since all selections are FINAL I'm holding off until PGI sorts out the discrepancies.

Dammit, didn't notice that and already made my selections. Hopefully the selection page is just a copy/paste typo from the Clan Wave selection page and what we're actually getting is what's on the Origins Pack page.

#4 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

Can anyone confirm the Origins Faction selections are working as intended? As in, proper stuff is being given, etc.

Edited by starwolf1991, 15 December 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

Well crap.
On the bright side, I only really cared about the colours and camo patterns so no real harm there I guess, at least to me

#6 BiggoB

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

View Poststarwolf1991, on 15 December 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Can anyone confirm the Origins Faction selections are working as intended? As in, proper stuff is being given, etc.

yes i can confirm.

cheers

#7 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Is it intended that those fancy "new" warhorns got exactly the same sound as the old ones?
Such a let down...
I expected way more after the Marauder-Warhorns, old warhorns with another cockpit look aren't what I expected to buy.

The Clan Hex Warhorn is neat, I like it. Nevertheless, disappointing.

#8 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostBiggoB, on 15 December 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

yes i can confirm.

cheers

Thanks for confirming! Looks like I know where my selections are going. About time I picked up some Wolf and Ghost Bear content. Posted Image

Edited by starwolf1991, 15 December 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#9 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

So if you didn't already have a faction unlock from before, will you be getting the 3 old colors plus the 3 new colors for the clan?

For example, do you get the new OSJ Black, OSJ Red, OSJ Olive Grey in addition to or instead of the old Smoke Jaguar Black, Grey and Red colors?

I'm getting Wolf for sure for the camo pattern, but I can't decide between the others for my second. Only got the Hunchy pack :)

#10 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Dam...I just went to the link and discovered that I had Resistance Pack II packs still to choose too. Totally forgot about that. So many goodies.Posted Image

#11 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:27 PM

IS Mechs with Clanweapon and Clan XL Engine and as much as DHS as possible? ;)

Looks OP to me. I hope they balance these Mechs.... :)

#12 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

No durability quirks, so the will go down like a sweet muffin relative to IS counterparts. But they will be faster, hit harder (and run hotter) so hopefully they don't need negaquirks. This really is the grand experiment to determine how much better/worse clan weapons/engines are :)

#13 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

Doubly confirmed, you do get all 6 colors, and the hex stuff... Though, the hex stuff is functionally identical to the regular clan warhorns.... which is disappointing...

#14 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostKamelkaze, on 15 December 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

IS Mechs with Clanweapon and Clan XL Engine and as much as DHS as possible? ;)

Looks OP to me. I hope they balance these Mechs.... :)

They're not Inner Sphere mechs. They're still Clan mechs and will still only be able to be used in clan drop decks for Faction Warfare.

On another note, as others have said, I'm a bit surprised that we're getting different warhorns that still have the same sounds as the old ones.

#15 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

He didn't mean literal IS mechs with Clan weapons, they're obviously Clan in every way but they don't have any of the Clan Omni restrictions on endo/ferro, engine size, locked components etc. So basically IS level of freedom but with better (or at the very least lighter) tech to choose from. Those restrictions really do keep some Clan omnis in check, even if it's a simple case of not being able to put ammo where it's safest or needing 1 more ton of ammo but nowhere to trim (looking at you, Shadow Cat). Opening it all up allows a lot more optimization.

#16 Jewdi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

IS Mechs with Clanweapon and Clan XL Engine and as much as DHS as possible? Posted Image

Looks OP to me. I hope they balance these Mechs.... Posted Image

And who would by them then? It's standard pay2win: Sell op for money then nerf and go cbills.

#17 X3N2R10N

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

umm a question , sorry if its out of topic, but i cant seem to find any info on this :

If i equip a clan xl engine in my origins IIc mechs and in battle i lose a side torso,
will my mech be killed?

Thx

#18 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Dont know if intended, IS STD and Clan-STD engines are the same. Had 2 IS STD in the inventory and can equip them on IIC Mechs :)

#19 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS SELECTING FACTION CONTENT:

You'll still receive the faction content promised on the Origins IIC webpage, don't worry, the selections are just copy/pastes from Wave II/ Wave III.

View PostX3N2R10N, on 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

umm a question , sorry if its out of topic, but i cant seem to find any info on this :

If i equip a clan xl engine in my origins IIc mechs and in battle i lose a side torso,
will my mech be killed?

Thx

nope, clan tech = clan xls

IS Mechs with Clanweapon and Clan XL Engine and as much as DHS as possible? Posted Image

Looks OP to me. I hope they balance these Mechs.... Posted Image

*Shakes head* No quirks right now, so not considered OP at this time.

View PostLuscious Dan, on 15 December 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

So if you didn't already have a faction unlock from before, will you be getting the 3 old colors plus the 3 new colors for the clan?

For example, do you get the new OSJ Black, OSJ Red, OSJ Olive Grey in addition to or instead of the old Smoke Jaguar Black, Grey and Red colors?

I'm getting Wolf for sure for the camo pattern, but I can't decide between the others for my second. Only got the Hunchy pack Posted Image

Yes, yes, and yes.

#20 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

Being able to share STD engines between IS and Clan is interesting, I wonder if that's intentional or oversight. Either way, it will save me some imaginary dollars here or there I'm sure. Confirmed XLs are not cross-compatible?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users