23 replies to this topic

#1 Krispy Fiend

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC/MD/VA, United States

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

It's finally heeeeeere, and ready for your infinite build possibilities.

I'll go first with an unconventinal build that I have affectionately dubbed the Turdback IIC.

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

Smurfy apparently doesn't yet recognize the ability to swap armor and structure on the IICs.

*edit. Yay it works now!

The Slashback. 2xCERLL, high mounted for poking goodness. 6xCSPL for facemelting brawlability. XL255,2 jets, and enough sinks to sink a... sink. Repeated alphas not recommended. Fire the ERLLs while the bad guys are far away, switch to SPL up close- lather, rinse, repeat. Utterly nasty. There oughtta be a law.

The Blastback. 4xCSRM6-A, 2xCMPL, XL255, max jets. Pint-sized jump brawler, heavy on the splats.

Discount Dakka, Moar Dakka... Maximum Dakka! Ghost heat has some unfortunate things to say on the subject of double-tapping dual UAC20s. I think they only just push me over my threshold, though, so it should be possible to double-tap them once I get elites done. Until then, UAC10s are a depressing (but dependable) alternative.

Or, if you prefer, a classic double-barreled boomstick.

Edited by PS WrathOfDeadguy, 16 December 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Krispy Fiend

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC/MD/VA, United States

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 15 December 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Smurfy apparently doesn't yet recognize the ability to swap armor and structure on the IICs. Will post builds once fixed.

True that. It's at least got the Endo stuck on there though at the moment which I'm assuming most builds would use by default anyway.

#4 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

Aaaaand it took a whole hour or two before we started ruining the game again.
Anyways, here is the laser vomit with a maxed engine.

HBK-IIC-A Deathstar
2 c-LPL + 6 c-erML

I doubt its practicality before eliting it. Of course, 4 c-erML and 2 more heatsinks is perfectly serviceable as well if you don't want to go off the deep-end.

#5 Tiger Shark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

Quad UAC2 is pretty fun.

#6 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:15 AM

I build 1 with 2 AC10 Ultras + 2 ER Meds. Max armor and XL300.

Another on with 6 M-Pulse Laser + 2 ER Small Laser an XL200 or so

#7 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:40 AM

View PostTiger Shark, on 15 December 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

Quad UAC2 is pretty fun.

Can't wait to give that a try.
Also rigged up double gauss with 4 tonnes ammo and 2x ERML as backup, haven't had a chance to test it in game yet

#8 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 15 December 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

The Blastback. 4xCSRM6-A, 2xCMPL, XL255, max jets. Pint-sized jump brawler, heavy on the splats.

I think I rounded the corner directly into one of these last night in a 75 ton IS heavy and was cored CT within a seconds, the thing is no joke.

#9 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

I don't have these, but I put together a build for each that I would like to try and they just look vicious! I did not even bother to look at the quirks, but I imagine once they are nerfed into oblivion I will have to take them into consideration.

Here are the builds I'll try once I can get them for CBills:
HBK-IIC
HBK-IIC-A
HBK-IIC-B
HBK-IIC-C

A couple run a bit hot, but the heat seems manageable if using the proper weapons at the proper ranges. Also alpha sparingly will help manage the hotter running builds, as well as help you keep up a more steady fire rate.

Very excited to see these in action for sure.

#10 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

I love that this is a thing!

All the LURMS!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c212d9d37f8ef1f
4 LRM20's!
*Just realized this won't work, not enough Heat Sinks, Posted Image
This does, however:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c5cd9e2173b2269

I'm more likely to run this though:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d98adaadbe71df5
4 LRM15's with better mobility and backup weapons.

Edited by Danth Reduviid, 16 December 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#11 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

I gave quad UAC-2 feat. 2x ERML a try, had a single good game in it and the rest have been very mediocre.
Swapped it now to double UAC-2 with 2x ERLL, it's not TOO bad so far

#12 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostFreebirthToad18999, on 17 December 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

I gave quad UAC-2 feat. 2x ERML a try, had a single good game in it and the rest have been very mediocre.
Swapped it now to double UAC-2 with 2x ERLL, it's not TOO bad so far

I use the quad UAC2 and 2 med lasers. I think it plays great. Fire all quads for a bit then switch over to single fire. Make sure you upgrade all your armor though, stock this thing is paper thin.

#13 C A R N A G E

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:21 AM

4 lbx 2s and 2 med with 2 jump and max armor is a fun build but I find all my 2c hunchbacks seem very squishy .I've mostly had fast deaths once combat starts.: (

#14 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

If you think that's squishy, try using one gauss on each shoulder. Even at maxed armour, THAT thing is squishy

#15 C A R N A G E

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:26 AM

Lol yeah tried that too!!(death was quick)
I just don't get why they die soo rapidly? I almost feel like even when you max out the armor ,the game doesn't recognize the changes or actually applies it to the mech.Im at a loss about it.

#16 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

It's because they don't have the armor or structure quirks that we've become accustomed to. This is more or less what mediums felt like, durability wise, before quirks dropped.

As such, these guys seem to favor longer ranged builds so they can use their high mounts for peeking with less risk of taking return fire, or close range builds with very high alphas so that they can kill what they hit before it can respond effectively. They're snipers and ambushers, not brawlers and skirmishers. Low alpha, high DPS builds that require lots of facetime at short to medium ranges are going to suffer badly on this chassis. Try to never be the guy in front, and try to ridge-peek more than you corner-peek.

#17 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

Might have to take that advice, I think. Though I have enjoyed moderate success running plodding around with 4 streak srm6 and ER mediums
Double gauss definitely works if you're in the right spot for it - second line staring at slow heavies and assaults and plinking them at will

Edited by FreebirthToad18999, 18 December 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#18 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

Didn't get many drops in this weekend, but still knocking on the door for the leaderboard using the dual UAC10 build. Swapping to XL235 and adding a DHS to each side torso for crit padding helps avoid losing those UACs early. These things would seriously benefit from an armor buff to the side torsos. Doubt we'll get them though.

#19 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Is anybody else having trouble with mechlab refusing to mount an engine if all but two side torso crits are filled? I've been having to remove an item from each side before installing an engine, then re-installing whatever I had there (it still works, I just have to put the engine in before I fill the torso slots). It's as if mechlab thinks I'm trying to mount an IS XL engine.

Revised configs:

Blastback Mk2 - I wasn't using all of my ammo, so I shaved some off and maxed out my engine. Mostly stripped the arms because they're useless for shielding. Bonus heat sink! Had a couple of great games in this yesterday (and one real stinker but that's my fault)- got to really play to its strengths, ambushing and flanking, avoiding the main deathball and preying on the weak. Played ring-around-the-boulder with a fresh Dire and really wrecked his day by popping over it and smacking him with my SRMs every time they cycled... he never got a full alpha off, poor guy.

Slashback Mk2 - I decided I needed a little more poke and a little more speed. 36 damage out to 400m and 22 out to 740 is a pretty good poke, and max engine makes it easier to get back in cover. Kept armor on one arm because there weren't any better places to put more sinks.Took an already good config and made it amazing. Then again, it's got high-mounted clan lasers, so I'm not sure why I should have expected anything different.

Still trying to find the sweet spot with the ballistics. Pretty much every option except LBX and Gauss requires more facetime than I'm really comfortable with. I still want to dual-UAC20 that sucker, but it's been a slow grind to elites compared to the 600+ damage multi-kill games I've been having with the other two. The good games I have with the ballistic hunch feel more like flukes. I'm sure it'll work out in the end, because dual heavy ballistics are what sold me on this package, but... yeah, it's not too hard to see why laservomit is still king.

#20 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

Ripped out the jets in everything but the SSRM model. Added more armor where appropriate, sometimes a bit more ammo.

No bigger engines, no changes in endo/ff. The Hunch IIc is a specific ideal, I'd have left the jets and constantly rode the short bus to death every match, but jets in MWO are not worth the weight if you need more armor and ammo.

I will say though, these are the "clan" mechs I was looking for - they LOOK IS and they customize like IS, but they're full of clan goodies. It's just a shame I can't use them in faction play.

View PostLuscious Dan, on 21 December 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Didn't get many drops in this weekend, but still knocking on the door for the leaderboard using the dual UAC10 build. Swapping to XL235 and adding a DHS to each side torso for crit padding helps avoid losing those UACs early. These things would seriously benefit from an armor buff to the side torsos. Doubt we'll get them though.

No, the mech will probably get nerfs like most clan variants which aren't utter trash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users