5 replies to this topic

#1 Knighthawk26

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBlack Forest

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:45 AM

With the steam launch, many new players have come into the game. This is great, except I seem to be running into more cheating, especially the use of targeting aids it seems.

If others have have also noticed this please comment and let's make this known so it can be dealt with.

I suggest that we all start recording more games, and expose the cheaters.

MWO should also put the fear banning into the new players, perhaps make some regular announcements reminding players that cheaters do get caught and will be banned and lose their accounts.

#2 Heartless Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:52 AM

Does anyone have a link for a example?

#3 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image Funny.
Teh Day of Apocalypse of Steam has come... CHEATERS EVERYWHERE!!! BE AWARE!!!
ROFL
Posted Image

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

Your most likely correct in thinking your seeing more cheats, but it may have nothing to do with Steam.

The cheats main goal aside from ruining fun for players is to ruin and bankrupt the game itself by running off new players. Every cheat from the higher tiers will have made an alt and are trolling the new players hard.

This guess is reinforced by the fact the higher tier game play has never been cleaner. I'm not making that up. The troll quotient in higher tiers is way down.

Also I am not surprised that there have been calls for a downward trend for players in the tiers.

I know another game where the high tiers is camped entirely by cheats. They send legit players down to be trolled in the lower tiers while the higher tier remains inactive. This allows their higher tier alts to go afk basically, so they can go back onto their low tier troll alts. This allows them maximum trollage and achieves their task in one move.

This is another strength of instanced games. It only takes one cheat, or very few, to ruin an entire instance. Games like MechWarrior with many instances have an excellent built in defense against this.

I should also add that while aim bots are used by these cheats, the main secondary form of cheating is using team speak and going onto both teams.

This is what I have learned playing another game and it is 100% sure.

Why so much effort put into cheating and trolling? I don't know. It is very surprising.

Edited by Johnny Z, 17 December 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:33 AM

View PostKnighthawk26, on 16 December 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

With the steam launch, many new players have come into the game. This is great, except I seem to be running into more cheating, especially the use of targeting aids it seems.

If others have have also noticed this please comment and let's make this known so it can be dealt with.

I suggest that we all start recording more games, and expose the cheaters.

MWO should also put the fear banning into the new players, perhaps make some regular announcements reminding players that cheaters do get caught and will be banned and lose their accounts.

get vidoes and other evidences and send them to support.

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 December 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

This is what I have learned playing another game and it is 100% sure.

Why so much effort put into cheating and trolling? I don't know. It is very surprising.

Wanting to win no matter what it costs, bragging with "being gud" because the others may not know you cheat. E-peen stroking comes with a high motivation to throw away your self esteem and use any kind of tool, for the stroking increasement. hackers are complictaed mind twisted people who live somewhere between lies and ego stoking in a state of happiness by this that they do not care about it being fake.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#6 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

It's not worth it. Don't cheat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users