9 replies to this topic

#1 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

With Steam release, playerbase should have increased and probably even more in next future if the (in)famous e-sport becomes a thing.

What about a pre-clan era game mode, that is, a server dropping with IS only?

We should have the numbers, I think.
(previously an argument against this was that we were too few, if I remember well)

#2 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

Splitting player base again. Many would love it. Not enough I think.

A middle ground would be to grant a bonus to C-Bills and Xp if you are using a Mech available in that time line. Anything outside of that range gets regular bonuses. I would say throw a negative on "prototype mechs" in the field outside the timeline, but taking things away from people sucks. Rewarding those populating the field with mechs from 3025 during 3025 makes more sense.

This could be something that works for CW, giving a tonnage penatly to mechs that aren't in full production stages until it's release in the time line is hit. Granting players control over maybe introducing certain researched mechs EARLY, using our ranks as a voting system to determine which mechs can be accessed early without a tonnage penalty. ANY interaction with our ranks would be good.

Edited by xMADCATTERx, 16 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#3 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

It's an interesting idea, certainly. And one that didn't have to preclude the Clans if they expanded the map to include the Clan homeworlds. There was certainly quite a bit of infighting between them to keep Clan players busy. Just don't allow Clan players to access the IS.

The only reason I say that is some of us Clan players are loyalists, so leaving our faction so we can play on an IS only setup would be heavily penalized, even if we wanted to.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

theres no reason they couldnt switch CW up one season to do the succession wars

#5 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

I'd love to run a full succession wars era CW run.

of course, I want way more out of CW than we currently have, I want a seperate economy, I want persistant damage to mechs and the like, repair/rearm, ect... give me all that AND a 3025 mode, and I'd never play another game.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Population just not big enough. There are player leagues out there for stuff like this though

#7 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostxMADCATTERx, on 16 December 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Splitting player base again. Many would love it. Not enough I think.

A middle ground would be to grant a bonus to C-Bills and Xp if you are using a Mech available in that time line. Anything outside of that range gets regular bonuses. I would say throw a negative on "prototype mechs" in the field outside the timeline, but taking things away from people sucks. Rewarding those populating the field with mechs from 3025 during 3025 makes more sense.

This could be something that works for CW, giving a tonnage penatly to mechs that aren't in full production stages until it's release in the time line is hit. Granting players control over maybe introducing certain researched mechs EARLY, using our ranks as a voting system to determine which mechs can be accessed early without a tonnage penalty. ANY interaction with our ranks would be good.

Maybe introduce just a bonus, such as the start of the round it'll say "3025 bonus match" and people with mechs in that timeline just get that bonus.

#8 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 February 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Maybe introduce just a bonus, such as the start of the round it'll say "3025 bonus match" and people with mechs in that timeline just get that bonus.

How would I know what year this mech was made?

What about hero mechs? What year were they introduced?

Do Champion variants count as entirely seperate from the in universe?

#9 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 23 February 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

How would I know what year this mech was made?

What about hero mechs? What year were they introduced?

Do Champion variants count as entirely seperate from the in universe?

Um... there's something called a Wikipedia, and it's called Sarna.

Plus PGI has done extensive research on the variants for each chassis, so more than doubtedly they'd tell us each year each chassis, each mech made, and if they don't know some, I'm sure the community here would be more than happy to contribute to that if asked.

#10 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

I'd love something like that. If splitting the player base is a problem, why not play several seasons with different tech levels from 3025 to the clan invasion? Bonus love if the galaxy map is persistent from one era to the next.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users