Is Mech Basic Mech Build.

Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

With me being new i'm too scared to do any changes to my mechs till members of the unit i'm in arrive. I'm trying to get past this, but i have one question. should i always put double heat sinks in every IS mech?

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

Pretty much. I know someone awhile back had a forum thread regarding the use of builds that can take advantage of standard heat sinks, but even if you can think of such exceptional builds...they are exceptional. So, the general rule is yes always run double heat sinks.

There is lots of advice to be found in the forums and on various websites such as metamechs, Rak's armory, etc. for your build questions. Post your questions and people will answer. Though we may get in each others faces regarding casuals vs try-hards and Clan vs IS balance/imbalance we still as a whole are a fairly helpful community.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

You can experiment here: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ hit the save and share button, and ask the forums for suggestions/improvements.

Unless you're doing something funny with a energy only assault mech that will be slow, always upgrade to double heatsinks.

#4 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

So, as someone with a lot of experience with single heat sinks, I can tell you that your only going to want them on ballistic builds. And even then, only on AC 5 or Gauss builds. Everything else you'd hafta play a poking/waiting game whilest your opponents can keep up the firepower.

I mean, it's doable, but your missing out on combat capacity if you take anything else with single heatsinks.

~Leone

#5 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

thoughts on this crab build then? CRB-27

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:06 PM

My thoughts as follows;

Choice of Large lasers as opposed to ER large means your looking for a mid-range build, since your sacrificing range for one less heat on your weapons. Should be decent for limited sustained engagements, finding that middle ground where it's less brawly than a dedicated brawler, but more brawly than a dedicated ranger. Pretty much find your opponents niche and fight outside of their preferred engagement range. I'm more of a straight up brawler myself, but I cannot fault the concept here.

Should be tanky as heck with three centerline weapons and a decent rating standard engine. Probably not good for hunting assualts, but a decent vulture to pick apart distracted heavier mechs or to take on something your own tonnage or lighter.

A note on armour however, you should always max your CT armour, and being rather faster, should probably have at least five sixths of your armour forward facing. Just keep some decent map awareness and you should be able to always keep your front facing your enemies.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 16 December 2015 - 06:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users