The Jenner Help

30 replies to this topic

#21 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

If it has a variant called "Primary Variant" chances are high it is an Omnimech. Same goes for a single letter (usually from A to D).
Letter and numbers usually mean Inner Sphere, unless it is IIC which means Clanmech.

Then you can open the mechlab in the ingame store and will see if a Mech has omnipods or not. Klick on the Mech you want to buy, then there is a button "view in mechlab" in the overview in the lower center of your screen.

And should there be uncertainty or a not yet in game released pack, have a look at Sarna. Just look for the Mech there, check the technologybase and read the short overview.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

This game startet with us Battletech/Mechwarrior nerds in mind. PGI needs to catch up and make more information available for the new players.

#22 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth Texas

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Thank you guys

#23 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

For now, too, an easy way to tell is to look at the Clan collections on the store page. Clan Wave I, Wave II, and Wave III collection mechs are all omnimechs. There are NO OTHER omnimechs in the game at this time. Clan Origins II-C mechs are all non-omni BATTLEmechs. Clan components, but Inner Sphere construction rules, more or less. (Even the non-omni Clan II-C battlemechs have CASE built-in to their separate components, though, like with omnipods, so that's cool.)

The II-C aren't overwhelming, at least not the JR7 and HBK. I don't own the heavy or assault ones, so they may be the bees' knees and I wouldn't really know. The IS JR7 chassis is a really good one, though. Not the BEST light, but a solid GOOD light mech. I'd recommend, if you're going to run through the Jenners, to have a -D, a -F(C) or -F, and a -O "Oxide" hero mech. There USED to be an extra module slot in the JR7-K, making it valuable for that reason, but that changed when weapon modules were introduced and the various TYPES of module slots were segregated. Bit of a bummer.

Also, if you're into Jenners of the Inner Sphere, you'll want to grab an XL 300 engine for the standard ones. LArgest engine they can hold, means fastest build they can be. And sure, be open to other engines for weird builds (I have one with XL 270, ERPPC, 2x ML, and TAG, because WHY NOT).

The JR7-II-C family hasn't really been in the wild long enough for us to figure out what are its strengths and weaknesses just yet. It's SIMILAR (as stated above) to the JR7-x of the IS, but not the SAME. It does the bird leg thing like so many other Clan mechs. There are a few other minor geometry differences. It's not clear yet if the hitboxes are better or worse. The II-C carries more jump jets, and has a higher max engine capacity (though I may tune mine back down to XL 300 for the extra weight), and the standard variant II-C carries SIX FREAKIN' MISSILE HARD POINTS (the others are basically Clan JR7-D and JR7-K for their hard point layouts). Stuff's cray-cray.

Welcome aboard!

#24 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostOwen Miller, on 16 December 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

The injection thing is a bit weird honestly, not sure why they do it that way, but it may be for technical reasons.

Mastery packs are done with MC, which means they already have the money, so they are injected quickly.

Packs are done with a purchase in that moment, so they have to wait until the money clears (standard time for most online transactions is a business day. Sometimes they clear faster), which is why packs don't show up immediately.

#25 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 17 December 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

The II-C aren't overwhelming, at least not the JR7 and HBK.

I beg to differ, so far out of the IIC collection I have only piloted 2 Jenners, I have better stats in the JR7-IIC Mechs than any of my other lights, literally the first game I with the missile only version I took out 6 enemy (3 were solo kills), with 830 damage before running out of ammo, then I spent the next 3 minutes distracting enemy Mechs while the rest of the team finished them off, most of my games in them have been around the 500 damage mark with multiple kills, for me those are amazing scores, only my MAD and TBR have better stats.

#26 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

We're having different experiences with the II-C, then, although most of my Jenner time admittedly WAS in the 8v8 days. Whole different ball o' wax then.

JR7-II-C just isn't doing a LOT for me. A little better now that I've picked up a cXL 300 for it, so the loadouts look a little more familiar. (cSPLs and cASRM-6 are doin' okay)

Call me old fashioned. I'll probably keep running the old IS JR7 builds on the IIC2 and IIC3.

They're overall better than CuteFox or Ice Ferret, and probably better the Adder (at least, pretty different mechs, with the Adder being a small medium really). Call it the #2 Clan light, unless you REALLY like missiles and hate ECM, in which case it's #1 by a hair.

Me? I can't do missiles well. I still can't pull the trigger on a drop in an all-missiles Jenner. I considered the Oxide to be an abomination, a sleight against God, a gob of spit in the face of art.

#27 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Ice fridge? Where?

I like my ice fridge.

@ OP - As of now all Clan mechs except IIC are the only omni-mechs in game. I find it hard to explain so i'll use this : http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Have a look under battlemechs (link is on the main page)

Edited by dragnier1, 18 December 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 18 December 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Ice fridge? Where?

I like my ice fridge.

@ OP - As of now all Clan mechs except IIC are the only omni-mechs in game. I find it hard to explain so i'll use this : http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Have a look under battlemechs (link is on the main page)

The Inner Sphere hasn't had the time to develop their own Omnis yet, but they are incoming, and that day will be glorious. I know some people who are just salivating at the idea of getting a Bushwacker It actually should be coming soon. I personally want the Prometheus.

Look at that stupid shape, I love it, and more importantly, I love the hardpoints. 6 MGs!!!

#29 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 19 December 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

The Inner Sphere hasn't had the time to develop their own Omnis yet, but they are incoming, and that day will be glorious. I know some people who are just salivating at the idea of getting a Bushwacker It actually should be coming soon. I personally want the Prometheus.

Look at that stupid shape, I love it, and more importantly, I love the hardpoints. 6 MGs!!!

I really want the Bushwacker, however that is a Battlemech not an omnimech.

while the Prometheus looks good I doubt we will ever see it, it was a one off Mech, and again a Battlemech not an Omnimech. It is unlikely PGI would turn a one off test bed for Mixed tech and the direct neural interface into a Mech with at least 3 variants, but there is no harm in hoping for it

#30 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 19 December 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

I really want the Bushwacker, however that is a Battlemech not an omnimech.

while the Prometheus looks good I doubt we will ever see it, it was a one off Mech, and again a Battlemech not an Omnimech. It is unlikely PGI would turn a one off test bed for Mixed tech and the direct neural interface into a Mech with at least 3 variants, but there is no harm in hoping for it

I know the Prometheus was a one off, but I just love the loadout, and hardpoints.

as for the Bushwacker, yes, I forgot that one is not an omni mech.

Other than the Raptor at 3052 (it's basically an Imperial AT-ST), most IS omnis will arrive around 3056.

Raptor

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 December 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#31 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 18 December 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Me? I can't do missiles well. I still can't pull the trigger on a drop in an all-missiles Jenner. I considered the Oxide to be an abomination, a sleight against God, a gob of spit in the face of art.

For my mileage, I'm falling deeper in love with Jenny Oxcide, my darling godly abomination :P .... She is teaching me SRM use and getting pretty decent with them... enough so I'll be re-equipping my Wolverine SRM hard points. So far she is out performing my MADs and Zeus (shhhhhh, don't tell them, they STILL don't know about Jenny... ;) ) But I get you, it's definitely quite the odd build.

Edited by Morggo, 20 December 2015 - 04:14 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users