Hunchback Iic Builds And Tactics

29 replies to this topic

#21 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:28 AM

My 11c-B config is the same as Deadguy's.......the laser vomit one I just use triple large pulses to deliver pinpoint-ish damage without having to get close enough to be a target and without having a range discrepancy in my weapons, these things really are squishy, theres a reason the IS ones are so heavily quirked.

The ballistic one i can't decide. Quad UAC 2s are pretty fun and can be ok, you lose dps if the guns jam on a double tap so what you do is use The Force to feel when a good time is to throw in a double tap shot once in a while, and they hardly ever jam that way and you can do more damage than with reg ac/2s. UAC/20s make you too slow, not enough ammo, and too short range to be that slow for how squishy you are IMO. The UAC/10 +er ml build is also too hot, save that build for the Ebon Jag honestly, you are better off just with UAC/10s and more ammo, never overheat, maybe 2 smalls instead of the mediums. Triple UAC/5s is a nice compromise, it feels like they jam all the time though, its what I'm using now though, its ok. In general theres no way to make these things great without the luck of no one paying attention to you or just having a really good position.

Edited by Rando Slim, 28 December 2015 - 01:31 AM.

#22 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 27 December 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

I've settled into this HBK-IIC-A config as optimal for my playstyle. It doesn't have the firepower at range that some of these here do, but all of the med-long range weapons are on the highest mounts. I can safely peek while exposing very little of my 'Mech to return fire- so little that even if I draw fire, I can almost always cover before it hits me. The ERSL give me a good, low heat close range option that I would not have if I traded them for two more ERML- which I would have had to expose more of my 'Mech to fire anyway, defeating the purpose of placing my main weapons on top. Max engine and max jets grants excellent mobility, and I think I have about as many sinks in this thing as I can realistically fit. As long as I don't alpha spam, the heat is very manageable (3 volleys of the ERML+ERLL combo, unlimited ERSL volleys, two alphas, or half a minute of sustained ERML+ERSL fire). I have 29 matches in it so far, with a W/L of 2.22 and K/D of 2.24. It carries, and it carries hard.

I run almost the exact same build for my IIC-A.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5aadb194f927d0
I'm less maneuverable because I dropped two jump jets and have a XL250 engine. In exchange I have two more heatsinks and more arm armor to protect the arm HS's. I also have the ERLL's in one torso and the ERML's in the other, I have an easier time corner peeking when they are together. The 4 ERSL's work great up close! I've finished off a lot of mechs with just them when I'm running hot!

#23 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostReaver2145, on 19 December 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

Have been using 4 lbx2s and it's turned out surprisingly fun and not half bad.

Staying at mid range and peppering people and annoying them to all hell too.

I was running my IIC with 4 UAC2's and wasn't having much luck. It seemed like they would jam way too often. I switched to four LB2-X AC's and it works amazingly well!

I have left side and right side on different groups and stagger fire them. With only two pellets there is minimal spread and they both hit at the same time. Even on Tourmaline it runs pretty cool, although I did overheat a couple times digging though the CT armor of an Atlas!

#24 Tiger Shark

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

It's harder for me to maintain range for the AC/UAC/LBX 2s where ERLL or UAC5 packing assaults can't get at you on the smaller maps.
I ended up with 275XL, 2UAC5, 2ERMLs that I have a pretty good time running.

#25 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

Thought I would throw my hat into the ring. Had some people ask if the hunch iic is good and was running this build. Opened up 4-5 heavy and assault torsos. Allowed my team to do the finishing work as I know I am a support mech. Only complaint I got so far is ran out of ammo. Probably could take some leg armor off the maxed legs for 1/2 ton more to round it out. Heat seems good. Had to pursue a spider up on the roofs of the hyperpulse map and got him grounded for the team to finish off on the floor. Two UAC20s doesn't seem feasible. Too slow, too fragile. No quirks to save its life. Armor on arms is prepared for arm hit box change. Head enough armor for 1 gauss hit.

4 ERMLs
14DHS
1 UAC20 4.5 tons ammo
FF/ES
250XL

HBK-IIC-C

Edited by shopsmart, 01 January 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#26 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

I wound up turning mine into a lefty version of an IS Hunchback. Stuffed 2 ultra 5's in the left shoulder, 2 CMPL in the CT, and swapped the engine for a standard. Which was pretty awesome last night, because I was in a conquest match on Viridian where I lost both ST but still had most of my CT armor. Wound up disengaging from the main fight, murdering a Raven that was trying to steal one of our points with my pair of backup lasers, and then skirmishing a Mauler to death as well. End of the match, we won via points with only me and one other mech alive on the enemy team. Who says you can't zombie anymore?

#27 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

Quad srm6, small lasers as back up, JJs, MAX xl engine, 6 Tonnes ammo? I'd have to check. Pure fun and it scares the snot out of lights

Th might be fast but a 24 srms. Gets their attention and your speed makes for a good although short chase.

I set out the first 1/3rd of the match and only chase down squirrels. Then when everyone is banged up you move in for the kill and keep moving.

#28 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:12 AM

Has anyone made a variant with 2 LRM 20 instead of the 4 lrm 10's?

#29 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 17 January 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Has anyone made a variant with 2 LRM 20 instead of the 4 lrm 10's?

There is no reason to. 4 LRM10's outperform 2 LRM20's in every way except heat.

#30 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Standard one 3 ultra 5s, xl 270, ammo and strip the armor of the arms.

It chews through things.

A - 8 medium lasers, xl270, as many sinks as you can fit. Bind the weapons to fire 3 on one side and 1 ct and you won't have heat issues.

B - 4 srm6 with arti, LPL, xl270, 6 external sinks, stripped arms and 5 tons of ammo.

C - Dual ultra 10s work but I prefer 2 LBX20, xl250, max armor everywhere expect the arms and slightly stripped from the legs. Play second line and splat them when they are busy shooting someone else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users