- - - - -

Kfx-C And Jump Jets

7 replies to this topic

#1 Kilkujadek

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:10 PM

Hello everyone !

I just started my MWO adventure and am a bit overwhelmed with the building options.

I did buy the Kit Fox variant C as my first mech and would like to equip it with jump jets.

What do I need to do to achieve this? Are Jump jets only posible with the S Variant ?

Any help would be apreciated.

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

Hey there. First of all: Hit me if I'm wrong. (I seldome use ClanMechs and am not that sure).
Kit Fox is an Clan-OmniMech.
Thus you can change components between variants.

To equip JJs on your Kit Fox, go to the MechLab and search the tab "Omnipods" on the roght side where modules, weapons, etc. are located.
There you can exchange the legs of your Kit Fox with these of the S-Version, which comes by default with fixed JJ Slots.

If you can equip jjs on another Kitfoxversion without switching Omnipods... I don't know, maybe some one else will enlight us :)

#3 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

Only the S-variant has jumpjets in the stock loadout. Those are fixed to the legs as well as one in each the left and right torso.

The Kit-Fox is an omni-mech which allows you to buy and equip omnipods from other variants. You could - for example - buy a different leg for your Kit-Fox C. To do so you go to your mechlab and select the omnipods-tab beside modules, weapons etc. Now you go, for example, to left leg and can select a Kit-Fox S left leg. This leg will have two fixed jumpjets in it.

The only component you can not change in this way is the center torso. Feel free to ask for further instructions if anything is still unclear.

#4 Kilkujadek

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:47 AM

All clear now. The possibility to switch the omnipods from other variants was the missing part. Thanks a lot for quick response !

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostKilkujadek, on 17 December 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

All clear now. The possibility to switch the omnipods from other variants was the missing part. Thanks a lot for quick response !

One KFX-S leg is probably what you want. 2JJ is almost always enough.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostTercieI, on 17 December 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

One KFX-S leg is probably what you want. 2JJ is almost always enough.

I go for the S side torsos instead, keeps the legs nice and strong and gives me my machine gun ports for emergencies as well as a single jj per ST.

#7 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostKoniving, on 17 December 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

I go for the S side torsos instead, keeps the legs nice and strong and gives me my machine gun ports for emergencies as well as a single jj per ST.

I use JJs in emergencies, not MGs! Torsos can work too, but I rarely get legged in a KFX* and find little use for MGs.

*though it's been months since I drove one

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostTercieI, on 17 December 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

I use JJs in emergencies, not MGs! Torsos can work too, but I rarely get legged in a KFX* and find little use for MGs.

*though it's been months since I drove one

My Kitfox builds sport SPLs and MGs for close range threats, along with a big weapon for range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users