- - - - -

Steam Bundle: Best Value For Money Question.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

Hi it's me again. I've been eyeing the Clan mechs since i have 19 IS mechs. Every time i look at them i recoil at thier prices. Today a thought came to my mind. I have money on steam to buy one of the Steam bundles. There's 4 but i'll list the two i'm eyeing and what's in them.

1. Medium: $31.99

This pack features 2 popular Medium 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

Inner Sphere: Hunchback HBK-4P [S]
Clan: Stormcrow SCR-PRIME [S]

The Medium 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

• 2 'Mech Bays
• Phranken pattern and colors applied and unlocked
• 30 days Premium Time (activates upon next log in)
• 2000 MC
• 3.5 million C-Bills

2. Heavy: $39.99: Inner Sphere:

This pack features 2 popular Heavy 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

ThunderBolt TDR-9SE [S]
Clan: Timber Wolf TBR-C [S]

The Heavy 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

• 2 'Mech Bays
• Phranken pattern and colors applied and unlocked
• 30 days Premium Time (activates upon next log in)
• 3000 MC
• 5 million C-Bills

now i can get only one. I'm mainly after the Clan mech. My reasoning is both mechs in each bundles are pretty good from what i hear. My plan is to use the Clan mech to launch off into Clan mechs.

Edit: also if anyone has brought any of the Steam bundles would you be able to tell me if they are automaticly added to my account or will steam give me a code to redeem ingame?

Edited by Lupis Volk, 19 December 2015 - 02:05 AM.

#2 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:23 AM

Both bundles have some excellent mechs, both IS and Clan.

Do you have an idea what weight class performs better for you up to now? Maybe choose the pack that corresponds with that.

Barring that I'd probably go for the Heavy package. I own both the Stormcrow(s) and the Twolves, but only with the Timberwolves did I get multiple kill games right off the bat, those things are great.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Heavy pack for sure.

Not only do you get more expensive mechs, you also get 50% more MC and 1.5 million more cbills. Both of the mechs the heavy pack gives are very good, easy enough to use, and deal high amounts of damage while retaining good durability. Medium mechs in general just don't have the armor nor firepower a heavy would have and only have marginally better speed, at least with the ones in question.

#4 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 19 December 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:

Both bundles have some excellent mechs, both IS and Clan.

Do you have an idea what weight class performs better for you up to now? Maybe choose the pack that corresponds with that.

Barring that I'd probably go for the Heavy package. I own both the Stormcrow(s) and the Twolves, but only with the Timberwolves did I get multiple kill games right off the bat, those things are great.

Well i have 10 mediums and 3 heavies. Medium and Light have been good to me but with my three quickdraws i'm getting to like heavies. Only thing is i'm not fond of Thunderbolts. But with a 30% Cbill boost i can get used to it.

#5 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:32 AM

When buying on Steam you'll get a pop-up in-game where you check the pack to redeem and they will be instantly added to your collection.

I bought the Assault pack, I love that King Crab.
The only downside to the steam packs is that you do not get other variations, so I had to buy the others with C-Bill to get to elite status.

I'm not sure I like that part of the game, it forces you to play variants while I'm one of those guys that likes to focus.
Playing a mech against your will is never a good design.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

They are all good mechs.. but I think the mastery bundles are a far better value.

#7 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 19 December 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

They are all good mechs.. but I think the mastery bundles are a far better value.

well i don't have enough for a mastery bundle and i'm really looking for a Clan mech.

#8 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

Well a month of premium time is worth $12-$15 in most games, the 3000MC in the Heavy pack is worth @ $15, the 5 mill C-bills is worth (for me) around $5... so if those two heavy C-Bill bonus mechs are worth $10 to you, I think it's a pretty fair deal.

They are both good mechs, and the TBolt gets you one step closer to eliting a very useful mech chassis (even though you don't currently like them).

Just don't expect the TimberWolf to be ubermech until you really master it.

#9 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

either pack...> It is very hard to go wrong with either..

the clan side, they have two top mechs, the IS side, i love the HBK, but the SE.. i have varying results.. and honestly i have not played that mech since they added quirks a year ago.

But you do get extra MC you could save for a sale on mech bays Posted Image

The HBK is an easy mech to grind to but then again it gets that sweet 30% c-bill booster. But are you really gonna pass up a timber, with 30% booster over a HBK? It is tempting.. but then again the HBK is the 4P, and i prefer many other mechs for my energy boat needs..

in the end Go heavy pack

Edited by CJ Daxion, 19 December 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#10 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

So your all saying get the heavy pack?

Trying out the trail versions of the StormCrow and TimberWolf to see which one i prefer.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 19 December 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#11 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hmm should i just buy a 2C bundle instead?

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:56 AM

spending $40 on the IIC bundle will get you the Jenner IIC (in my experience probably the best light in the game, only the Firestarter and Arctic Cheetah even come close) and the Hunchback IIC, I have not taken it out yet but I have refitted them, with the improved Clan XL engines on paper look way better than the IS Hunchbacks and if you take a standard engine you can do a zombie Mech (can keep fighting with just 1 leg the head and the CT) with 2 cERLLs.

just bear in mind you will have to purchase Clan XL engines in the grade you want because the Jenner comes with XL 315, a bit big for adequate weapons, cooling or ammo on most builds, and the Hunchback comes with XL200, way too slow for my tastes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users