13 replies to this topic

#1 ICANHASCHZBURGER

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

I can't seem to swap out the trial mechs in the default drop deck for my owned and skilled mechs.
Can someone please give me a step by step for assembling my dropdeck for CW please? I'm not sure if I'm missing a menu or what! Thanks!

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hey.
Go to the "Faction" tab -> Click on a planet open for battle. Now there will be a new window, showing the planets "stats". Below this window there is your dropdeck -> Click "edit" on the right upper corner of your dropdeck -> click on a 'Mech to swap and choose out of the window above, containg all your 'Mechs -> click "save", next to "edit".

Should work like that :)

#3 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

Just select a planet on the map. When you zoom in on that planet there is a overview of your selected Mechs just below planetary information. Right above those 4 selected Mechs is a button to change your dropdeck. Do not forget to use the save button after you changed your Mechs.

Edited by Duvanor, 20 December 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#4 ICANHASCHZBURGER

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

Ok I am at that point - thank you. So factions only allow certain mechs then?

#5 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Yes. You can use Clan or IS only, depending on your chosen faction.

#6 ICANHASCHZBURGER

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

Oops, looks like I somehow joined a clan faction from the inner sphere home. Now I can't break my contract. Yikes!

Thanks for the answers, I'll see you out there eventually!

#7 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, Clan Ghost Bear is a Clan faction. Innser Sphere Mechs won't work for you. I hope your contract does not last for too long.

#8 ICANHASCHZBURGER

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Down to the 3 days. Didn't know what "break contract" meant. Heading back to quickplay in shame.

#9 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

3 days is not so bad. And there is no need for shame. Information on faction warfare is insufficient for new players at the current state of the game.

#10 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

G'day,

First pick a mech starting with the letter "S",
Next get another mech that starts with "E",
Then select a nice mech beginning with "A",
Finally, pick the last one starting with an "L".

The Spider, Enforcer, Awesome and Locust for the Inner Sphere
or Summoner, Executioner, Adder and that Lynx thingy if you're into Clans.

Now you are ready for the Community Warfare experience.

Enjoy your clubbing.

#11 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

I would highly suggest to not attend CW as a beginner. You only face a team of 12 players with 4 fully upgraded mechs and in some cases in a coordinated team. This is not the experience you are looking for as a beginner, it takes you quite some time to get all the mechs you need, build them and elite them.
CW can be fun, if you want to play it, join a team and let them help you to build your drop deck properly.But again, it takes time and a ton of cbills. A TON! :)

#12 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

You can use clan trial mechs in the meantime but you can only use 3 decent champions as the other half of the trials are still stock and bad. Just use the stock one last.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostICANHASCHZBURGER, on 20 December 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Down to the 3 days. Didn't know what "break contract" meant. Heading back to quickplay in shame.

to break a contract you have to pay cbills, the longer left on your contract the more it costs up-to about 1.5 million to break a permanent contract, then you have 2 or 3 days (sorry cannot remember which) before you can choose a new contract

#14 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:48 AM

To the OP:

The question has been answered, I see. Also, WELCOME!

So, I might suggest that you see if you can cobble together a suitable drop deck from some of the Champion Clan mechs, and go ahead and drop a couple times. The Champion mechs aren't bad at all, really. Some are pretty darned good builds, to be honest. In most cases (if not all by now), the Champion mech builds were made by the community, and voted on by us in the forum, with PGI's help. They are what we collectively think works best overall, or at least REALLY well, for each chassis. (Any trial mech that is NOT a Champion, however, is almost certainly trash.)

And if you CAN pull that drop deck together, then maybe look into jumping in with a large group. See, when you look at a planet in the FW screen, you have two tabs on that planet you can select (BEFORE committing to fight on that planet). Then, you see a set of numbers, 1-11, and each may or may not have a yellow block filled-in above it. The number represents a group size, and each yellow block represents a group OF that size (number of players in it already pre-formed) waiting in queue to fight on your side on that planet. If you see, for instance, a 9 and one or two 1s, you might like to jump in on that queue.

And then, EXPLAIN to them that you're new to all this, and that you want to learn the game, and all that. If you have access to a microphone, I'd HIGHLY recommend using the in-game VOIP, or they may even invite you to their TeamSpeak (or whatever service they use) server. This is a quick way to make some new friends in the game, and get some guidance from folks that have been playing it for a while.

Since there is no Academy tutorial for FW, there is only one way to learn it. You're gonna have to just dive in, sooner or later. But be SMART about it, and make sure you dive in with a pre-made group that comprises at least half of the queue's players. They'll likely want to take charge of the drop anyhow. What you DO NOT want to do, is to jump into a match with all 1s and 2s in the queue. That will usually end in tears.

OR, jump on TS first, and look up the folks in your current (or next) faction who are already looking to group up, let them know you're new and looking to cut your teeth on FW, and see if they'll take you on in their group (they probably will, because we've got a lot of cool folks in this community).

That's just my opinion, though, and others may vary.

Until the Academy gets a FW tutorial, though, that's the best way (and really, about the ONLY way) to learn Faction Warfare.

Also, check the pinned topics in the Guides & Strategies forum, and look for a guide written by Kin3ticX. It has a good brief explanation of how FW works. Search it on YouTube, too, as there are some videos on there that can help you prepare for the task.

GOOD LUCK!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users